• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Old Man Metal

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
rikirachtmanapril2019_638.jpg

With even dirtier stories than MÖTLEY CRÜE's "The Dirt", the new "Cathouse Hollywood" podcast, hosted by Riki Rachtman, presents all true first-hand accounts of never-before-told stories about some of the biggest names in rock. The infamous Los Angeles club was at the center of rock music's glory days and was started by Rachtman (who would go on to become the host of MTV's "Headbangers Ball") and his roommate, FASTER PUSSYCAT frontman Taime Downe.

But what happened at the Cathouse stayed at the Cathouse — until now. In this brand-new podcast series, Rachtman, along with special guests, share the untold stories of rock's most decadent era as told not by journalists or authors, but by the people that were there.

From 1986 to 1992, the Cathouse was at the epicenter of the Hollywood rock scene as some of the biggest bands played unannounced shows at the club. But it wasn't the performances by GUNS N' ROSES, MOTÖRHEAD, ALICE COOPER, PEARL JAM, FASTER PUSSYCAT, BLACK CROWES and so many more that put Cathouse on the map. It was the sleaze and debauchery, the raunch and roll that gave it a reputation as a haven for the reckless and raucous activities that went on inside after the bands stopped playing.

Read more:

It's interesting so far. I've never been a huge fan of Rachtman, because he just sounds like a guy that's trying to be cool by telling you about all of his cool friends, but I like the stories. These are the bands I grew up listening to (and still do) so it's fun.

I need to take a trip out to LA and make a pilgrimage to The Rainbow.

I hated the guy. He reminded me of the kid who thought he was cool but your group only let him hang around because his parents had a pool, or he could get weed from his older brother.
That really does sum him up. He seemed to try so hard, but he seemed so mediocre. I hated most of the VJs on MTV anyway.

Back