• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Rihanna sues father over use of Fenty name for his talent business
The What's My Name? singer claims her father violated her trademark and falsely suggested his business was affiliated with her.

R&B star Rihanna is suing her father for using their surname for his business venture.

The What's My Name? singer, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty, filed a lawsuit in a federal court in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

It claims that her father, Ronald Fenty, and his business partners violated her trademark and falsely suggested their business - Fenty Entertainment - was affiliated with the 30-year-old performer.

According to legal filings, the Umberella performer had "absolutely no affiliation" with Fenty Entertainment.

Full Story:
https://news.sky.com/story/rihanna-...f-fenty-name-for-his-talent-business-11608829

Without him, there would be no Rhianna. At the least, he's affiliated in that way.

Last edited:
Who the fuck cares? I wish my life was as such I could just sue my dad over the name he gave me. Shut up Rhianna! Go shine bright like a diamond and leave dad alone.

Is this chick for real? It's his name.
What line of entitlement do you have to have to believe that your own father cant use his name for his business.

And really if I was her I'd be happy if my sucess helped my fathers business.

She has a valid complaint against her father. He seems to be the one with a sense of entitlement here.

Her father's business, which advertises itself as a talent and production company, was founded in 2017.

The lawsuit claims Fenty Entertainment accepted a third party offer of $15m (£11.7m) in 2017 for Rihanna to perform at 15 shows in Latin America.

It also alleges the company wrongly implied the pop star was involved in a boutique hotels project.

The lawsuit says that despite being repeatedly told to not use the Fenty name or speak on Rihanna's behalf, Mr Fenty and his business partners continued to claim they were affiliated with the singer.

I could have gone my entire life without knowing her last name or even the story and been perfectly fine

I could have gone my entire life without knowing her last name or even the story and been perfectly fine
I feel the same way about Sting, Madonna, Bono, Cher, Björk, Charo, Beck, Chyna, Enya, Coolio, Enimen, Pink (though I love her), Moby, Penn, Teller, Morrissey, Twiggy, Fabio and a whole host of others.

She can reasonably ask him not to claim she is associated with his business, but she has no right to demand that he not use his own name.

She can reasonably ask him not to claim she is associated with his business, but she has no right to demand that he not use his own name.
She probably wouldn't have minded him using his name if he hadn't conducted shady business and rode on her coat tails. I bet this isn't the first time he's done things like this.
An honest profitable business in the family name is good for The Brand. Daddy taking advantage of her fame to make his business deals more credible is not.
I didn't even know Rihanna was a singer! But as an accounting nerd, I'm always interested in business schemes and scams and how they succeed or fail.

Her dad is in the wrong 100% becos people automatically associate Fenty with Rihanna cos that's her last name.
Not only that but he is legit scamming people out of money by booking shows without her consent or knowledge.
It's not like she didnt fucking ask his deceitful ass 2 years ago to stop this shit becos he was putting her at risk as an artist.
I dont give a fuck if his lame ass sperm helped bring her forth he ain't shit for what he is doing.

Her dad is in the wrong 100% becos people automatically associate Fenty with Rihanna cos that's her last name.
She has even more of point as her father decided his new business would be in entertainment, which is what she is in. If he would have open a plumbing business and called it "Fenty's Plumbing Service" it would much harder for Rihanna to challenge it.

I have NEVER heard of this pop star bimbo being referred to as Rhianna Fenty

She is famous as RHIANNA, just like Madonna and a slew of other pop stars are famous for their one name monnikers. Fenty has never been a part of her fame or identity as a star.

This is an outrageous, spiteful lawsuit that clearly has no basis in reality.

I have NEVER heard of this pop star bimbo being referred to as Rhianna Fenty

She is famous as RHIANNA, just like Madonna and a slew of other pop stars are famous for their one name monnikers. Fenty has never been a part of her fame or identity as a star.

This is an outrageous, spiteful lawsuit that clearly has no basis in reality.
Considering you cant even spell her first name right I wouldnt expect you to know her last name.
Or that she has a beauty brand called Fenty that she herself started without the help or input of her father.
Or the fact that he is setting up entertainment deals under the guise that she will be involved therefore opening her up to being liable for his dirty dealings

Rihanna takes shits that are more thought out than the bullshit you typed out.

Or the fact that he is setting up entertainment deals under the guise that she will be involved therefore opening her up to being liable for his dirty dealings

Separate issue from him daring to use his own god damned last name.

Preposterous that a man shouldnt be able to use his last name cuz his bimbo pop star daughter wants to call her makeup line by it.

Rihanna takes shits that are more thought out than the bullshit you typed out.

hahah the woman doesnt even care when a man beats the shit out of her. Let's not over-state her intelligence or worth hhahhaha.

What a stupid fucking comment from you. Move along, youre out of your element here.

Back