• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Mike Mendel, a prolific producer whose work included The Simpsons and Rick and Morty, has reportedly passed away at the age of 54. According to his biography on Fadango.com, Mendel got his start working as a summertime studio assistant on the soap operas All My Children and Loving. After graduating from Syracuse University, Mendel served as a production assistant on Broadcast News and Big. He served as an associate producer on The Tracey Ullman Show from 1986 to 1988, before going to work on spinoffs The Simpsons and The Critic.

Mendel served as an associate producer on The Simpsons for the show's first five seasons, and continued to produce episodes up until the Season 10 episode "Make Room for Lisa". After leaving the job in 1999, Mendel went on to produce animated shows such as The PJs, Drawn Together, and Sit Down Shut Up. On the film side, he also served as an associate producer of Jerry Maguire.

Beginning in 2013, Mendel served as a producer on Rick and Morty, having a hand in 22 of the show's episodes. The most recent episode he is credited on is the show's Season 3 premiere, "The Rickshank Rickdemption".

Over his life, Mendel earned seven nominations and four wins at the Emmys, winning for The Simpsons in 1995, 1997, and 1998, as well as for Rick and Morty's "Pickle Rick" episode in 2018.
full

[....]

God bless this man. The first ten seasons of The Simpsons were absolute gold and I've marathoned through them more times that I can count. It was (for some reason) just about the only TV show my helicopter mothers would let me watch as a kid, so you bet your ass I watched it daily.

RIP Mike Mendel, you brought a lot of entertainment to my life and brought us the best decade The Simpsons had to offer.

Back