• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Massachusetts man has been arrested after he allegedly buried an 18-year-old dog while it was alive because it didn't get along with new kitten.

Richard Piquard, 24, of Whitinsville, buried Chico, a Shih Tzu dog, behind his home while he was still alive and breathing.

'Even in my 41 years here, I've never seen anything like it,' Northbridge Police Chief Walter Warchol told the Telegram & Gazette. 'We've seen other forms of animal cruelty. Burying something alive is a little beyond the reach.'

Piquard had the dog for 18 months after his former girlfriend could no longer keep him in her apartment.

Around 6am on Sunday Piquard allegedly sent Kaylee Belanger, a mutual friend of his and his former girlfriend, pictures of his new kitten and said that as a result he had to get rid of the dog.

In a text message he said that he had buried the dog behind his house.

Belanger ended up finding Chico who had been buried alive in a makeshift grave behind Piquard's apartment building.

After digging into the ground, they found Chico, still breathing but unresponsive

The dog died one day later having been buried beneath dirt and underneath a rock.

'We uncovered a portion of Chico’s head. Only to realize that the rock was on top of him. I lifted the rock and there he was. Took a step back to grab the blanket when my fiancé shouted. “He’s breathing!!”' Belanger wrote in a dramatic Facebook posting

'And he was. He was alive. While screaming and questioning how someone could do this I hurriedly removing him from the hole. He yelped in pain, dirt in every part of him. He felt flat like a pancake from the rock weighing him down in the hole.'

The dog was rushed to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University in Grafton but he had to be euthanized, police said.

'Although after many hours Chico became more responsive and gained his spirit back. He couldn’t move his head or get up due to what is suspected to be a dislocated disk in his neck.

'Chico was evaluated to be malnourished, dehydrated, in shock with hypothermia as well as anemia due to the infection of fleas on him. He had matted and stained fur. And he was clearly being neglected before being buried alive,' Belanger continue
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-18-year-old-dog-alive-didnt-new-kitten.html
50070DA200000578-6155305-image-m-17_1536673104760.jpg

Last edited:
NORTHBRIDGE, MA – Police have arrested a man after they say he buried his ex-girlfriend’s dog alive.

Richard Piquard, 24, was caring for his ex-girlfriend’s 18-year-old Shih Tzu but reportedly had been trying to get rid of it for some time because it was not getting along with his new kitten.

Out of the numerous, humane options at his disposal, Piquard decided to torture the dog, named Chico, to death by burying it alive.

Piquard called a friend to tell her Chico had died the night before, but she was suspicious of his claims. She asked where he had buried Chico so she could dig him up and have him cremated.

After searching in the woods behind Piquard’s home with her fiancée, she found the spot where Chico was buried.

“So we began digging with a stick only to hit a rock,” Kaylee Belanger wrote on Facebook. “Hesitantly, I continued to move the dirt when we noticed fur. We uncovered a portion of Chico’s head. Only to realize that the rock was on top of him.”

Once the removed the rock off of Chico they realized, to their horror, that the dog was still breathing. He couldn’t move much due to a suspected dislocated disc in his neck, but he was definitely still alive.

“He was breathing and yelping and screaming in pain coated in dirt, his nose embedded with dirt it was horrible,” said Belanger.

Chico was rushed to Tufts Veterinary Hospital where they were able to revive him but due to the injuries to his neck that left Chico unable to walk, the decision was made to have him euthanized.

“The dog had been buried for approximately five hours,” said Northbridge Police Chief Walter Warchol. “In my 41 years I’ve never seen anything like this.”

If you want to see some pictures of Chico when he was found and while being treated at the vet, you can find some here.

Piquard was arrested on Sunday and charged with animal cruelty. He was later released on $1,000 cash bail.

Piquard reportedly told a friend that he thought the dog was dead when he buried it. Which explains why he needed to weigh it down with a rock, I guess. In case it was a vampire.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

sYo7hgQ-LeA

Continue reading...

Having your ex-douche bag care for your pet, kids, house, etc. is a really, really bad idea. Surely she had some clue that he didn't like her dog and/or that he still harbored resentment over their break up.

Bury him alive, see how he likes it. Dig him up just before he runs out of air. Repeat.

Oh God let me have five minutes with him. I will fuck him up so bad. Little dogs are my thing. I would have an army of them if I didn't live in a small trailer. There is a special place in hell for subhumans like this POS.

That poor pup! Thankfully he looks like before he landed in the hands of the douchebag that killed him he had a happy life.

@Satanica
Richard P. Piquard, 25, buried Chico a 17-year-old Shih Tzu dog alive last September.

He plead guilty to animal cruelty and was sentenced to 2½ years in the Worcester County House of Correction.

Piquard, 25, will serve 90 days in jail and then be released on supervised probation for the remainder of the sentence.

According to court documents, Piquard was also ordered to complete an intensive substance abuse treatment program, undergo mental health evaluation and treatment and not possess an animal.

“Piquard buried the dog because his former girlfriend, whose family had originally owned the dog, wouldn’t find it a new home and it wasn’t getting along with the man’s new kitten, according to authorities.

According to the chief, Piquard had kept Chico for about 18 months. His former girlfriend was not allowed to keep the dog in her new apartment. Piquard had reportedly asked her repeatedly to take Chico.

Piquard told an acquaintance he thought Chico was no longer alive when buried, according to the police report. But a woman who found the dog told reporters his claim was improbable.

The woman, Kaylee Belanger, told police that she and her fiance took it to Sutton Animal Hospital, and it was then taken to the Tufts animal hospital, where it was medically stabilized but ultimately euthanized, police said.

Back