• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A $20,000 reward was offered Wednesday for any information on the death of Elizabeth Barraza, a Texas woman who was fatally shot in her driveway last month.

Barraza, 29, was setting up a garage sale at her home in Tomball just before 7 a.m. on Jan. 25 when she was killed — a shocking murder that was caught on surveillance video, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez told reporters at a news conference on Wednesday.

The woman was approached by someone, possibly another woman, who walked up to her in the driveway "and appeared to engage Elizabeth in conversation."

"The individual then pointed a pistol at Barraza and shot her multiple times," Gonzalez said. "The subject then drove away from the scene."

The suspect's vehicle, which was parked in front of Barraza's home, appeared to be a black four-door Nissan Frontier pickup truck, according to officials.

Sergio Barazza, husband of the deceased woman, said at the news conference that his wife was "an amazing person, a beautiful person" with a caring heart. He said he had just left for work when Barazza was murdered.

He explained that the two often volunteered together, donating their time to charity.

"It's just so sad that my wife passed away in the same hospital that we did so many hours of volunteering in," Sergio Barazza emotionally said.

The man tearfully questioned "why someone would be so monstrous to commit an act like this."

"I had to trade our fifth anniversary for her funeral," Sergio Barazza said.

The Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering a $20,000 reward for "any information" on Barraza's murder. Anyone with information is urged to contact 713-222-8477.

LINK
November 27, 2019
A Tomball woman’s murder was caught on camera, but 10 months later, Elizabeth Barraza’s killer has not been found.
[...]
“It was very quick, it was very calculated, very cold-blooded of how it was done,” said Michael Ritchie, a homicide investigator with Harris County Sheriff’s Office.

Ritchie said his best clue is the suspect’s truck, a Nissan Frontier 4x4. Investigators were able to get several pieces of surveillance video from people living in the neighborhood and nearby businesses. The videos showed the truck in the neighborhood the night before and again after the murder.
[...]
After looking at the video, investigators believe the killer could be a man or a woman. [...]

People who show up at garage sales early are assholes.
So true! What nerve. But sometimes they are compulsive shoppers so there's an advantage, they'll pay more than stuff is worth. Greedy assholes. it's a toss up.
Luckily, I'm not so poor or greedy that I need to sell something, just take that widget and never return.
But I've seen sellers who get caught up in the love of haggling. They end up with half the garage sale still sitting in the yard at sunset!
Same thing at flea markets. just move that shit, otherwise you're in it for the haggling not the money.

Last edited:

Jan 27 2020.
95% of this article is memorial fluff. This is the development.

The question haunting her family is who did it?

On Sunday, Harris County homicide detective Michael Richie hinted at "something coming down the pike" in the case. He said there is now a warrant in the case, stating, "I feel that the results of that warrant will be critical in the investigation and most likely will expose a suspect and who's responsible for this."

Back