• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Tennessee police officer was arrested and relieved of duty after he allegedly assaulted a woman — over a hot dog.

Ralph Confer, of the Memphis Police Department, was on duty at Regional One Health medical center on Sept. 20, a day during which employees were holding a cookout in a police holding area. A medical technician who was also on duty asked if she could have a hot dog from the barbecue and one employee there told her she could.

Confer, however, told the woman she could not have a hot dog, WREG reported. She left, but came back later and asked a second person if she could have a hot dog, and was told "yes" by that employee.

But when Confer saw the woman fixing herself a plate, the police officer allegedly walked up to her and slapped the hot dog bun out of her hand, telling the woman she couldn't have any food and had to leave through a back door.

The woman said she couldn't leave through the back door and had to leave through the front, according to WHBQ, but Confer allegedly wouldn't let her. As he tried to "corral her out the back door," the police officer is accused of picking the woman up, causing her to hit her head on cabinets.

Confer then reportedly threw the woman to the ground, placed a knee on her back and handcuffed her. He then put the medical technician in a holding cell without explanation, according to the woman.

A nurse at the medical center contacted Confer's supervisor and the woman was released from the cell a short time later. She reportedly suffered a hematoma to the top of her head, bruising on both biceps, bruising on her shin and soreness to her hip and lower back.
1570793737791.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This shining example of a gentleman is part of the proud few who definitely joined the police force to brutalize others with authority. He is exactly why so many people hate the fucking police.

It's unfortunate this almost certainly won't result in jail time, since he needs a strong dose of being someone's little bitch.

What he did aside..why did she feel so entitled to scarf down free hotdogs that she'd come back multiple times trying to get them. Normal person would have just left and been done with it. She's a technician, so done her schooling. She should be making enough to pack a brown bag lunch or hit up the cafeteria like the rest of the staff. Lets not forget she was on duty and clearly should have been doing other things.

What he did aside..why did she feel so entitled to scarf down free hotdogs that she'd come back multiple times trying to get them. Normal person would have just left and been done with it. She's a technician, so done her schooling. She should be making enough to pack a brown bag lunch or hit up the cafeteria like the rest of the staff. Lets not forget she was on duty and clearly should have been doing other things.

I don’t think they’ll miss one hotdog.
You smell them cooking and despite knowing theyre tasteless, unhealthy and dubiously stored, your stomach tells you you need one.
It was over the top.
He was pissed because he counted how many there were and it meant he couldn’t have seconds....

why did she feel so entitled to scarf down free hotdogs that she'd come back multiple times trying to get them
Because there is at least one of those free food human raccoons in every company. They invite themselves to other departments' lunches, sniff out birthday cakes, and grab big handfuls from the treat jar.

ETA: Once the CFO brought in a load of chinese food for the accounting dept as a thank you for "job well done" on the annual audit, and a woman from the warehouse sniffed her way to the conference room and loaded a plate. The warehouse crew had gotten their own "job well done" lunch previously. She said "wow, we got pizza, how come you get chinese?" The CFO said because he paid for it himself for his staff. (hint hint) She said "That's nice of you" and continued filling her plate.
We just laughed, no handcuffs.

Last edited:

Yeah. But now everyone is just going to be focused on the cop who suplexed her head off of some cabinets over a hot dog instead! Must be her lucky day. Until you came along anyway.

She was told by two employees— presumably running the cookout—that she could have a hot dog, so she did. Maybe she already knew he was a pompous ass. Why the hell should he care anyway? Nobody accused her of stealing it.

It wasn't his call when she had been given permission.
Charge his belligerent ass with common assault, fire him and jail him.
Make every meal the cheapest vilest dogs money can buy.
No condiments
Stale buns.
Room temp water to wash It down.

Turns out she wasnt just on duty, she was mid care of a patient when her nose lead her astray. I dont know about any of you, but I'd have serious issues with an EMT who was mid transport walking off to eat. Everyone in this story could use a dose of higher moral standards.

According to the victim, who is an EMT, she was getting a wheelchair for a patient from police holding. Food was cooking in the break room, and she says, she asked a coworker if she could have some.

When she was buzzed into police holding, she could smell they were having a cookout.

Official reports said the victim asked one employee for a hot dog, she was told by an employee that she could have one. However, a uniformed on-duty MPD officer, Ralph Confer, told her she could not have a hot dog.

Shortly after, the victim left the area with the wheelchair but returned shortly after. Police said she asked a different employee for a hot dog and was advised that she could help herself.
https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-st...-medical-technician-at-regional-one/995600531

....uuuh dude it's a hot dog... At work. He is way out of line. Also 2 people told her yes. Fake arresting her over a hot dog is insane.

I’m struggling to understand how “wasting” what is probably less than a minute of work to scarf down a hot dog matters.

I’m also not understanding why that should have been the uniformed cop’s problem, why he got involved, and why he wasted a colossal amount of time and resources. She had permission, and hot dogs are like 50 cents.

@Sudonim I’m a little baffled why pausing for a hot dog at work is your issue with the story, versus the cop assaulting a woman for accepting a cheap hot dog. Do you not think I should be able to grab coffee and water while I’m on the job either?

I don’t think they’ll miss one hotdog.
You smell them cooking and despite knowing theyre tasteless, unhealthy and dubiously stored, your stomach tells you you need one.
It was over the top.
He was pissed because he counted how many there were and it meant he couldn’t have seconds....
That's not the point. The cookout didnt include her.
If every person that smelled the cookout went and got a plate of food, there wouldnt be enough for the intended recipients.

Not at all excusing this assholes brute force, just pointing out she has some responsibility in all of this.
@spiff
I’m struggling to understand how “wasting” what is probably less than a minute of work to scarf down a hot dog matters.
It matters.

Last edited:
Oh, she wasted a lot more than a minute seeking a free lunch, asking for a free lunch, returning repeatedly for a free lunch after being driven off by an asshole. Maybe she returned because she liked the challenge. We've all met that type.
Maybe that cop, and everyone else knew her for the company scrounger of free food. She may be a laughing stock.. It does not excuse his excessive response. It has nothing to do with the price of hot dogs. But the fact is, she may be one of those free food scroungers. It's a separate issue.
But if he went bonkers on that kind of common human behavior, or whatever dynamic was going on between them, then he's too burned out to be an effective officer, so out he goes.

I dont know about any of you, but I'd have serious issues with an EMT who was mid transport walking off to eat.
Ah.. maybe that's why the officer was upset. No one was starving. Still, he went waaay overboard.. It's part of the job to keep things in proportion. Pummel a freeloader or take a photo and report her to her employer for negligence? If you've lost perspective, time to find different work.

@Sudonim I’m a little baffled why pausing for a hot dog at work is your issue with the story, versus the cop assaulting a woman for accepting a cheap hot dog. Do you not think I should be able to grab coffee and water while I’m on the job either?
I've stated it every reply what the cop did was obviously wrong. That no one see's what she did is also wrong is why society is all "give me give me me me me me me" and what put her into a position that seen her assaulted. If she worried more about her patient and job than her tummy or taken the first no..this wouldnt have happened - at least to her.

You're job isnt life or death. Your city plans will wait while you scarf down a hotdog. She's an EMT lol Paramedics get breaks like anyone else. She didnt just go get a drink, she was midway through caring for a patient and stopped- multiple times - to eat. I'd be livid if I was having to pay out of pocket for an ambulance and some twat was eating hotdogs on my dime while my ass was waiting on her.

Imagine if your doctor was mid way through surgery and decided he wanted a quick hotdog..

Do you not think I should be able to grab coffee and water while I’m on the job either?
Don't forget browsing The Demon on work time and company internet.

PS:LOL. I think you are totally missing the side point of an EMT leaving her post to cadge some free food, then circling the hot dog carcass like a buzzard chased off by a hyena, waiting to swoop back in.

@Sudonim @Muriel Schwenck All of my offices have had team lunches, food for meetings, food for whatever specific group and 100% of the time there are leftovers that go into the kitchen as a free for all after. I have honestly never seen anyone care about an outsider grabbing some on the fly, as long as they aren’t interrupting anything. Extra food is almost always tossed at the end of these things because there’s so much extra, unless it’s a super stingy office I guess. Those who were invited gave permission, and those are the only ones affected.

Things move sporadically at hospitals. There’s a solid chance that she did not get a break earlier, and also a solid chance that she was grabbing the wheelchair before it was needed. I haven’t read anything that indicates she was holding anything up, so why are we assuming she is?

This is probably an agreed to disagree situation because I’ve never seen anyone bothered by this whatsoever.

It wasn't his call when she had been given permission.
Charge his belligerent ass with common assault, fire him and jail him.
Make every meal the cheapest vilest dogs money can buy.
No condiments
Stale buns.
Room temp water to wash It down.
Ew. I'd rather have nutriloaf XD

Back