• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New Hampshire lawmaker who shot a squirrel in his yard and shared a graphic photo of it on Twitter lost his seat on a legislative committee Friday.

Deerfield Republican Rep. Jim Spillane shared a photo of the animal's bloody carcass on May 26 in response to a vegan animal rights activist. "I shot a squirrel on my bird feeder today with a .50 caliber muzzleloader. Enjoy," he wrote.

The tweet prompted a complaint to the state Fish and Game Department, which sent officers to Spillane's home to tell him he did not have the legal right to kill the squirrel outside the hunting season, which runs from Sept. 1 to Jan. 1. Democratic House Speaker Steve Shurtleff said Friday Spillane was removed from the House Fish and Game Committee due to that warning.

Spillane, who is serving his fourth term in the Legislature, did not return a call seeking comment. He told the Union Leader earlier this week he was justified in killing the squirrel because it was invading his chicken coop, but Fish and Game Col. Kevin Jordan said a state law that allows property owners to kill animals that are causing substantial damage to crops, livestock or property didn't apply in this case.

A 50 caliber muzzleloader on a squirrel is a bit overkill. A 36 caliber muzzleloader is about right for squirrels. My dad usually just hits them with BB gun to get his point across. At least he hasn't loaded his 58 caliber muzzleloader and tried it.

Last edited:
Internet self-owns are always amusing, no matter what side someone is on.
"Hey vegan, look at this squirrel I exploded! Are you uncomfortable? I sure showed you!"
"Sir you're not allowed to explode squirrels out of season"
"Oh goddammit.."

Also that picture of the guy has the same posture as half the mugshots we see on here.

Back