• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

FORT WORTH, Texas — Another man has died after suffering a fatal accident at a Rednecks with Paychecks event over the weekend.

Steven Fairbairn, 25, was airlifted to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, his family said, after an incident that left him with severe brain injuries.

"I remember preparing for the worst but hoping so bad there was something they could do," said Abbey Green, Fairbairn's fiancée.

Fairbairn was originally from England. He moved to Duncan, Okla., 18 months ago, where he had a job and met Green. He proposed to her just two weeks ago with a ring that he bought in England while shopping with his mom.

"He became the most amazing young man," said Lynne Fairbairn, Steven's mother.

According to family, he attended the Rednecks with Paychecks Spring Break event for the second year in a row. He went with two other friends, excited for an American experience that matched his interests.

"He loved anything outdoors. He loved the motocross," Lynne Fairbairn said.

Green said that she got a call at 2 a.m. Saturday. Someone who was attending the event found his phone and saw her contact information in his emergency medical information while paramedics were treating him.

"It took a little while to find out where they were going to take him, but I knew that when it was a hospital that was 80 miles away, it wasn't good," Green said.

I had never heard of this place before. The iron clad release does not sound good. If you like that sort of no holds barred off road stuff, go out somewhere in the sticks and go for it. Then you have no rules but also you're by yourself, so no one for you to hurt and no one to hurt you. You just have to know someone with a truck with a winch and someone to go with you to help winch it out when you inevitably get stuck.

Yeah, what about that white truck that did a hit and run. Does the release cover that, too? :mad:

I had never heard of this place before. The iron clad release does not sound good. If you like that sort of no holds barred off road stuff, go out somewhere in the sticks and go for it. Then you have no rules but also you're by yourself, so no one for you to hurt and no one to hurt you. You just have to know someone with a truck with a winch and someone to go with you to help winch it out when you inevitably get stuck.

Yeah, what about that white truck that did a hit and run. Does the release cover that, too? :mad:
This is what we did in High School. One weekend we were up 4-wheeling and getting stuck. The next weekend we were in someones shop fixing our "Mudders". The only problem we ever had was land owners getting pissed at us for leaving our beer cans.

I just can’t wrap my head around voluntarily moving from England to Oklahoma! It seems like such an unusual life path to take.

"But why Oklahoma, Steven? Why?"

"Because I'm missing out on life in dreary old England, Mum. Cattle effluvia, animal love, the brutality of the old borderlands... I yearn for those things, Mum, I pine for them, and I shan't find them here in Northamptonshire."

“In 2016, WFAA Investigates found open drinking and driving, reckless behavior, and an ironclad waiver that attendees are forced to sign before entering the property.”

Well THIS is just stupid. Why are they even still open? Fuck their ironclad release. They send these same drunk people right on out the gate to drive on the highway. Bars are held liable for that sort of shit so why aren’t they? Fuck, I swear, you can’t go enjoy anything anymore because of the rampant stupidity. You’d think there would be designated areas for trucks and another for atvs. I can see how you could accidentally run over an atv while trying to mud. It’s harder to see once the windshield is coated in mud. Add alcohol to that and you’ve got a cocktail of fuckery. (Pun intended)

He probably left because I’m guessing they don’t even own trucks that big there. Probably can’t even get one.

Back