A man's colon burst after his 'perverted' friends put a compressed air pump into his anus and inflated it, a bizarre medical report has revealed.
The 30-year-old was taken to hospital after the horrifying prank left him needing his entire bowel removed because of a 'rectal blowout', an injury caused by air pressure rising so high inside the rectum that it explodes.
And his case, although extraordinary, wasn't unique – doctors reported it in a journal article alongside reports of two other men with similar injuries.
One had pressurised air sprayed into his backside in an alleged accident, while another suffered the agony at the hands of robbers whom he tried to stop.
The experts warned air can be as damaging as solid objects and industrial machinery should be treated with care because of its dangers.
Doctors from the Maulana Azad Medical College in New Delhi and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Rishikesh wrote the report.
They said the men suffered high-pressure injuries which were normally 'confined to battlefields'.
Life-changing injuries sustained by the men came as a warning of the dangers of misusing industrial machinery.
The air flow produced by an air compressor, the report authors wrote, are at least 100 times higher than what would be considered safe for a colonoscopy.
The man whose friends subjected him to the injury had 'multiple colonic perforations' and doctors found faecal matter among his other internal organs.
The report said the injury was 'caused by his perverted friends who put the nozzle of an air pipe (tire air pump) into his anus and inflated it'.
In a separate case study, a 34-year-old man who worked at a petrol pump was taken to hospital with similar injuries after trying to stop a burglary.
He had what doctors called a 'rectal blowout' and needed most of his colon removed and a colostomy bag fitted.
The report said he had suffered 'an alleged compressed air insult by robbers while thwarting the robbery. The robbers had thrust the compressed air nozzle into his anus'.
And in the third report, a 24-year-old man went to a hospital emergency department with an 'alleged history of accidental injury to the anus by compressed air jet'.
The man said the air nozzle was about 25cm (9.8 inches) away from his backside and was only on for a second.
He had a swollen, painful torso and the inside of his abdomen was covered with faeces and blood, the doctors said.
Doctors from New Delhi and Rishikesh in India revealed the devastating effects of abusing industrial machinery, with reports of three men needing their bowels removed.