• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Authorities say a Rapid City woman accused of pepper-spraying her 11-year-old son has pleaded guilty to attempted child abuse.

The plea deal finalized Friday for Ashley Ellis calls for prosecutors to drop charges of child abuse, simple assault and nonsupport of child by parents.

Authorities say the 33-year-old Ellis admitted using the pepper spray on her son three times on April 1, 2018, once when he talked back to her during a scolding and once to stop him from damaging her vehicle.

Ellis face up to five years in prison, but prosecutors said they will agree to ask the judge for local jail time and probation.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Not sure i grasp what was so bad about this. Cant have a kid destroying your car, and pepper spray is one of the least offensive means to physically stop them. That wont cause any permament harm whatsoever.

She was doing a better job with her kid than State run/funded homes for damage case youth at least, story afterall is about a kid wit hsome minor eye irritation and not freezing to death in the middle of winter.

AngryLittleMexican

In this World, Anger is Necessary.
Bold Member!
Ok so funny story, when I was 12 my 6 yr old brother totally had my moms pepper spray keychain, he was running in front of me and clearly did not comprehend the distribution process and sprayed it randomly. Moments later my dumb ass ran through the cloud of pepper spray. It does NOT just irritate your eyes, it gets in your mouth and nose too and burns like a bitch! It is NOT an appropriate tool for discipline.
If this kid is so terrible, sounds like he had a shitty upbringing by shitty parents.

Staff online