• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
So, this is going to sound a little crazy but I'll be damned if it didn't really help me, so I'm sharing with y'all in case it might help you too.

I've been sick for several days with some kind of ick now, and one of my symptoms is severe congestion and sinus pain. The kind of sinus pain that starts to make your teeth hurt from the pressure, which is super shitty and miserable.

I started looking online for massage and acupressure tips to try, which seemed to have minimal if any impact, because you can't really get to where the sinuses are to manipulate them effectively.

And then I found an article about vibrating your sinuses...

... and I'll be damned if it doesn't work, awesomely! After trying this I was able to start productively blowing my nose and getting what seemed to be infected mucus out of my system. I've been coughing some up too, so there's drainage happening finally as well.

This was a near instant source of relief for me. Although I'm still sick, I feel much better than I did yesterday, and I can't help but think that getting this crap knocked loose and out of my body is a very good thing.

The hotter weather affects hay fever sufferers. I remember having it so bad back in 2005. That summer was scorching.

Back