• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1567123114915.png

Several major hotel chains were hit with lawsuits alleging that workers at their Georgia and Louisiana locations assisted sex-traffickers in evading police over the course of six years, court records show.
Four anonymous woman, including at least two who were underage at the time, claim in lawsuits filed Monday they were victims of rampant sex trafficking that was overlooked by Atlanta- and Baton Rouge-based hotel employees who were paid by traffickers to turn a blind eye and act as lookouts for the Johns over varying time frames between 2010 and 2016, according to court papers and a press release.
“These lawsuits demonstrate what we all know: hotels know about sex trafficking; hotels participate in sex trafficking; and hotels make money from sex trafficking,” said lawyer Jonathan Tonge, who co-filed the suits with attorney Patrick J. McDonough. “When the choice comes down to leaving a room empty or renting that room to sex traffickers, the hotels in these lawsuits consistently chose to rent the room to sex traffickers.”
The suits were filed against the corporate offices and affiliated parties for Red Roof Inns, Inc.; Choice Hotels International, Inc., which owns Suburban Extended Stay; La Quinta Worldwide, LLC, which is owned by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts; and Extended Stay America, Inc. for the following locations:
  • Red Roof Inn, located at 2200 Corporate Plz, Smyrna, Georgia;
  • Suburban Extended Stay, which is now a Hometown Studios, located at 2050 Peachtree Industrial Ct, Chamblee, Georgia;
  • La Quinta Inn, located at 1350 North Point Dr., Alpharetta, Georgia;
  • Extended Stay America, located at 1050 Hammond Dr. NE, Atlanta, Georgia;
  • Extended Stay America, located at 6250 Corporate Blvd, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“The most shocking thing to me was there wasn’t one shocking event -- there were so many shocking events and it was so pervasive,” McDonough said Thursday. Tonges added: “It’s the endemic nature of this.”
In some cases, 10 to 20 men shuffled in and out of hotel roomsOpens a New Window. every day, the release alleges.
In Chamblee, a victim at the Suburban Extended Stay told an employee she had been attacked “in an attempt to escape,” the suit alleges, but the worker relayed the information to the trafficker – who then assaulted the woman for doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't expect to see such mainstream, corporate hotels on this list. I always assumed that this type of thing is done more out of independently owned hotels and motels - not large chains. That's extremely disturbing, because you know that the higher ups in these places who report directly to corporate would have to know what was going on.

You're not safe anywhere these days, I guess.

I didn't expect to see such mainstream, corporate hotels on this list. I always assumed that this type of thing is done more out of independently owned hotels and motels - not large chains. That's extremely disturbing, because you know that the higher ups in these places who report directly to corporate would have to know what was going on.

You're not safe anywhere these days, I guess.

Might be national names but they're probably franchises.

“The most shocking thing to me was there wasn’t one shocking event -- there were so many shocking events and it was so pervasive,” McDonough said Thursday. Tonges added: “It’s the endemic nature of this.”
Shocking. Endemically shocking.

Back