• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm sure there will be more this summer, but I can always hope otherwise... First, let's look at today's high in Phoenix, AZ:

It was a blistering 108 degrees today at 3:30pm. It was dreadful.

25jf6lc.jpg

[...]Police officers were called to the mall at 15th Avenue and Bethany Home Road at approximately 3:30 after a security guard reported that a dog was locked in a car.The dog was still alive when the security guard found it but by the time the owner was located and police arrived and got into the car the dog had died.[...]The dog, named Rader, was a pit bull mix[..]The temperature of the deceased dog was higher than 110 degrees. [...]
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Dog-dies-after-being-left-in-car-261599231.html

This poor dog was left in the car approximately an hour.

Pic of the black SUV the dog was locked inside:
2povbef.jpg

[...][...]
Officials were able to locate the owner who let the dog out.
Officials attempted to save the animal, but the dog later died.[...]Footage later showed the two women talking with police and crying after apparently learning the dog had died. [...]Excessive heat warnings are in effect across Arizona through most of the week as temperatures hover near record levels. As of 3 p.m. on Monday, Phoenix had hit 110 degrees, which ties the record.[...][...]
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...ft-in-hot-car-outside-phoenix-shopping-center

Sorry, but if you have to be told not to lock your pet or your child in a vehicle when there is an excessive heat warning and temps reaching 110 degrees, you should probably refrain from having either.

Sorry, but if you have to be told not to lock your pet or your child in a vehicle when there is an excessive heat warning and temps reaching 110 degrees, you should probably refrain from having either.​
Agreed. It's a dog they couldn't leave the poor thing at home? They just had to bring him, to be left in the car :(. I don't ever leave my dog in the car in the heat unless someone else is in the and the AC is cranked way up cause my poor baby hates the heat. (By baby I mean my dog she's a little grub).
Good job on thread did better than I do... Lol.

Agreed. It's a dog they couldn't leave the poor thing at home? They just had to bring him, to be left in the car :(. I don't ever leave my dog in the car in the heat unless someone else is in the and the AC is cranked way up cause my poor baby hates the heat. (By baby I mean my dog she's a little grub).
Good job on thread did better than I do... Lol.
My 3 dogs stay inside the air conditioned house all day long while we're at work. They lounge on the couch when they're not supposed to, they have gotten into the trash can, and they used to chew random flip flops.. but I'd rather have them do everything they aren't allowed to do inside, happily messing up everything than trapping them anywhere out in the AZ heat and being miserable.
(And thanks, this was my first thread starter ever. LOL.)

These idiots don't seem to understand that DOGS DO NOT SWEAT. they don't have the cooling system adult humans have.

The dog was still alive when the security guard found it but by the time the owner was located and police arrived and got into the car the dog had died

Ever heard of taking your baton and busting the window to let air in? You inconsiderate asswipe !..........

Or a swift kick to the window will work too. If you leave your dog locked in a car when it's that hot and I see it you are forewarned that you will return to a car with broken windows.

We took our dog with us on Memorial Day for a ride and we had to make some stops, it was about 78 or 80 degrees that day, here in northern PA we don't see 110 degrees, we left her in the car with the car running and the A/C cranked and we were gone maybe 10 minutes.

People still intentionally leave dogs in their car when it's hot out?

Like I feel for the occasional new person who "forgot" their newborn baby was asleep in the backseat when they got out of the car, Atleast they have an "excuse".
But there's no way your dog was sleeping when you got out.

Acceptable places to take your dog in the car when it's hot: the park, the vet, the groomer, the beach (if dogs are allowed). In other words, places where the dog will be getting out of the car with you.

Unacceptable places to take your dog in the car when it's hot: everywhere else. Especially shopping.

:( poor lil fella... Angel LOVES to go for rides in the car...its one of her top fun things to do but if my destination includes her having to sit in the car more than 10minutes by herself then i leave her at home...that goes for any weather

Poor lil doggie, he just wanted to go bye bye and ended up goin on permanent bye bye to the Rainbow Bridge :( :bigtears:

Ever heard of taking your baton and busting the window to let air in? You inconsiderate asswipe !..........

Totally agree. I worked as a security guard before and that's exactly what I would have done, regardless of consequence.

You don't even have to break the window. They have equipment to jimmy cars for people who lock their keys in their car.

Back