• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm glad you didn't die. I'm also glad you didn't kill anyone. But, I'm sorry if I have no use for those who feel the need to get behind the wheel while impaired. I'm also sorry, [MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION], that you think I'm an asshole. I'm really not; I'm just someone who's been personally affected by a drunk driver, so I have set opinions about it. I won't ask you to change your mind, and don't ask me to change mine.

Thanks.

I lost one of the most important people in my life because of a drunk driver. The driver never expressed remorse nor did he do a single thing to change the way he lives. He still continues to drink and drive because to him my loved ones life meant nothing. Rachel acknowledged her mistake and used it as an opportunity to straighten herself out. That kind of responsibility deserves a pat on the back, not a snide comment from you. You're right, I can't change your mind but I can certainly express my repulsion at your narrow mindedness.

I'm sorry you thought I was being snide [MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] and I'm VERY sorry that you feel that my opinion is repulsive. I truly feel your pain in what happened to you, and am glad that you've been able to get past that. I must admit that I didn't read every single post before I entered mine; I am VERY glad that she's straightening herself out. I'm not narrow-minded, and I'm sorry that you think I am. There are, however, certain things that I have very definite opinions about, and drinking & driving is one of them.

I'm sorry you thought I was being snide [MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] and I'm VERY sorry that you feel that my opinion is repulsive. I truly feel your pain in what happened to you, and am glad that you've been able to get past that. I must admit that I didn't read every single post before I entered mine; I am VERY glad that she's straightening herself out. I'm not narrow-minded, and I'm sorry that you think I am. There are, however, certain things that I have very definite opinions about, and drinking & driving is one of them.

I too have very strong opinions re: drinking and driving. I don't fault you for those opinions, actually I applaud you. The problem I had with your post is that it was a shot at someone who had worked hard to overcome her situation. Had you posted that comment prior to her explaining how far she had come and the changes she had made, I would have agreed with you.

I AM focusing my energy on my kids, but I still have the mental ability to care what people think of me. It's only natural. ...Think about it-- what if someone wrote an article in the newspaper about you that twisted it around to make you look like a child killer. wouldn't you want to defend yourself? Also, I am proud of how I have turned my life around and I like to share it for the people who care to listen.
I realy want this all to stop. I feel like its turning into arguments and I do not like to argue. It's realy immature. I appologize to anyone who thinks I am argueing. I just feel the need to make some things clear for some people who do not understand certain things.

I am glad you are doing good Rachel. Addiction is a bitch. There are a lot of people on here that can agree with that. All you can do is move forward. Stop apologizing and thanks for owning it, but now that we are past that, please stick around and enjoy some true crime.
Hang out and you will get our stories eventually. Like [MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] said, they aren't all assholes. :D

Thank you for turning things around for your kids. They have a shot at a good life now.
Thank you for changing your life, for yourself. You do deserve it.

I suppose I could blame my response on not noticing that this post is several years old, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't help any; I am actually glad she's doing right by herself, and others, now.

Contests, Rachel, and good luck.

You don't have to apologize just because Obsolete disagreed with you. It is nice to meet in the middle at some point though.

Back