• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Tazzzz

Trusted Member
Rachel Walls, 34
106707a.jpg

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel, WTF!! is wrong with your sorry drunk ass????? You crazy ass Tard. You endangered your own kids and other peoples kids and tried to run over a cop??? what the hell, you are so lucky he didn't shoot you, cause I would have.

A Benson woman is under arrest after she allegedly tried to run over nearly 15 people, including children, at the Raymond Sanders Apartment Complex.

Rachel Walls, 34, of East Benton Street is charged with careless and reckless, DWI, open container, hit-and-run, child restraint violation and child abuse.

Benson Police Chief Kenneth Edwards said the department received a phone call about the incident around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday.

"According to one witness' statement ... she was parked in front of her apartment (in a burgundy van) drinking and listening to music," Chief Edwards said. "Then she moved the van to the center of the parking lot where she sat drinking and listening to various kinds of music for a little while.

"Then she moved the van to another parking space where the witness said she sat there staring at people for about 10 minutes, cranked the van, put it into gear and floored it - went straight for a group of kids," he said.

Chief Edwards said Ms. Walls, driving on the sidewalk and grass, then allegedly steered her van toward another nearby group of children and adults standing in front of their apartments before driving around to the back yard of her apartment where she struck a guy wire - which knocked out power to the whole apartment complex - and a fence. She then drove away and left the scene.

Chief Edwards said he arrived on the scene about 11:25 and soon received a call from one of his officers saying Ms. Walls was seen heading back toward the apartment complex on South Lee Street.

Chief Edwards said he blocked the road, which leads into the complex, with his car but Ms. Walls drove around him by hopping the curb and driving on the grass.

He said she initially slowed when she encountered Officer Danny Lucas, but then accelerated toward him, despite the fact that he had his gun out and was issuing commands, Chief Edwards said.

Chief Edwards said Ms. Walls swerved at the last moment missing Officer Lucas and finally came to a stop behind her apartment.

"She was conscious, but unresponsive to our commands," Chief Edwards said of the moment when officers swarmed the vehicle. "She was unsteady on her feet to the point she could not stand on her own.

"To make matters worse, she had a small child, 5 years old, unsecured, standing in the back of the van," he said. "Found out later she had three children, one of whom was left at home unattended."

Chief Edwards said there were five bottles of liquor in the van, "well on their way," to being finished. Ms. Wells refused to submit to a Breathalyzer, but officers obtained a search warrant for a blood sample. Chief Edwards said his department is waiting on the results from the SBI.

He said the Department of Social Services secured Ms. Walls' children with their grandmother around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

"In the aftermath, she said she didn't remember anything about the incident," Chief Edwards said. "That was as dangerous as anything I've seen in a long time."

Ms. Wells was held under $3,500 bond.
http://www.dunndailyrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=106707&TM=5652.35

I'd be curiuos to know what that blood alcohol level is. Unbelievable that no one was hurt. Thank goodness.

She looks BAD for 34.

Rachel contacted the local paper to tell her side of the story, she doesn't dispute much of it, but she does say she didn't try to run any kids over, Uhh yeah right Rachel. if you claim to have blacked out the whole thing , how can you say what the hell your reasoning was or what you may or may have not been doing ????? 5 bottles of booze almost polished of WTF!!!!. I hope and pray you keep your promise to never drink again, because you are clearly a menace behind the wheel of a vehicle.

A woman accused of trying to run over more than a dozen people, including children, while driving drunk at the Raymond Sanders Apartment Complex in Benson, says there is more to the story than what was reported.

Ms. Walls contacted The Daily Record through an online message saying she wanted to comment on the article "Chief Says Drunken Woman Tried To Run Over Children," which ran April 30.

"I was that drunken woman," Ms. Walls said in her online comment. "The article was exaggerated and made me look like a bad person. "There are two sides to every story," she wrote. "Here is mine ..."

In the original article, Benson Police Chief Kenneth Edwards said his department received a call around 11:15 the night of the incident about a woman in a van allegedly trying to run over people at the complex.

When officers arrived on the scene, Ms. Walls, a resident at the apartment complex, was already gone, Chief Edwards said, but not before allegedly trying to run down two groups of residents and driving around to the back of her apartment where she allegedly struck a guy wire with her van and knocked out power to the complex.

Ms. Walls was arrested after she returned to the scene, Chief Edwards said, by driving her van around his car, which was blocking the road leading to the complex, and almost running over one of his officers.

Chief Edwards said Ms. Walls was so drunk she couldn't stand on her own and had been driving in that condition with her young son in the van. Ms. Walls doesn't dispute much of the story, including the fact that she'd been drinking and listening to music in her van while parked in the complex's parking lot, with her 10-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son before the incident.

She said in an interview with The Daily Record she hadn't drank in about six months and only did so that night because her medication was not working effectively, a medication she said decreases her desire to drink when properly adjusted. ( LOL )

Ms. Walls said all she remembers is having fun hanging out with her children one minute, being yanked out of the van and handcuffed the next.

Her daughter and others filled in the blank spots with what they saw, she said. Ms. Walls reiterated several times that she was not trying to run over anybody, especially children.

" According to my daughter , I wasn't trying to run over anybody, I was trying to get away," Ms. Walls said. "Everybody who knows me was surprised it (the story) was written like that because they know that's not how I am, I love children."( except when your Poop faced )

[....]

Ms. Walls acknowledges that she probably "flipped out" due to her anger at being harassed, but said she didn't know where she was going. She said her daughter told her she drove around behind the apartment between the power pole and guy wire.

Ms. Walls said she later found out she'd driven to a convenience store where she apparently spoke to a friend.

"(My friend) said I had come in there and I was in hysterics telling her I did something and was scared and I didn't know what to do," Ms. Walls said. "She told me I needed to go back home and take care of my kids. So I guess that's why I was heading back."

Ms. Walls said the next thing she remembered was lying on the ground handcuffed, "looking around with everything sideways in my view."

She said Benson Police Officer Danny Lucas, the officer who Ms. Walls allegedly almost ran over, told her the only thing that kept her from getting shot was that he saw her son standing in the back of the van.

Ms. Walls said it was right for police to take her to jail, she had no business behind the wheel. "I can't blame them and I'm truly sorry for what I put them through, especially the officer I almost hit," she said.

Ms. Walls said she accepts responsibility for her actions. She said she is living with a family member and has a court date in August. She said she is working to find a job and get her medication straightened out.

She said she is sobered by the thought of what happened.

"It was hard to believe that I was capable of doing those things, that's the sad part, that I can't remember what happened," Ms. Walls said. "Blacking out, that has never happened to me before and it's scary.

"This was way too serious, I love my children too much to ever let something like that happen again," she said. " That's why I know I'll never drink another sip of alcohol as long as I live."

http://www.dunndailyrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=106905&TM=46931.39

Last edited:
we must not forget that there are two sides to every story. I am here to defend myself and explain some truths. Beleive me, I feel terrible for what happened in 2009 even to this day. I will never forgive myself for what I have put my children through. You must understand that I was trying to protect my children that night. Noone sees it that way because I was drinking alcohol. I admit drinking that night. You see...I didn't just live in an apartment complex. I lived in "The Projects". Everyone knows what that is. Nothing good about it or who lives there. And yes I know I lived there too. I was a bad mother because i could not financialy take care of my 5 children on my own. I struggled with them since i ran away from there abusive father. He wouldn't let me work and i didn't know how to provide for them.
We were forced to live in the projects or they were going to put my kids in foster care. So I tried it. I thought, "how bad could it be?" I was NEVER prejudice until i lived there. I learned that those people are ruthless, no good for nothing low lifes. I'm sorry for bashing people like that but its the god honest truth and its sad the way they are even down to little 2 year olds acting just like the adults. I tried to fit me and my children in and they just take advantage of you anyway they can. They would beat up my children for no reason so I had to keep them locked up in the house. The kids in the neighborhood would smear cupcakes and mud all over the doors..it was aweful.
That night in 2009 all I wanted was to try to enjoy myself a little. Keep in mind that I did not remember anything that night because I blacked out. I remembered everything 2 days later. And I know that I blacked out because of the combination of the alcohol, adreneline, fear and anger. I was sitting outside in my vehicle listening to music because my cd player in the house was not working and i like to listen to music. well the residents started on us. Two of my children were with me. we saw the residences making gestures and would walk by the vehicle and hit it then they started throwing stuff at the vehicle. My 10 year old told me she was scared and wanted to go inside the house. my 6 year old son wanted to stay with me so i walked a short distance to the front door to let my daughter in the house. as i was closing the door and locking it where she was safe inside, i saw two of the residents trying to get into my vehicle. i was scared to death because my son was still in there so i ran and got into it and the people started coming towards us. i didn't know what to do so i started the vehicle and took off over the curb because a car was blocking me in from behind. That is where my adreneline and fear and anger kicked in. i figured my daughter was safer at the house while i go for help. i couldn't think straight and i went to a convienece store where a friend of mine worked. I was in histerics and told her i left my daughter at home and didn't know what to do. she told me to go get my daughter. when i went back to my house i pulled around back hoping the residents wouldn't see me come in so i could get my daughter. there are no lights in the back of the apartments. i didnt see the police officer.
All I know is i was trying to protect my children. Yes I admit i was wrong to be drinking and yes i have kept my promise to never drink again because i saw what alcohol mixed with adreneline, fear and anger did. I never will take that chance again. if i was in my right mind then i would have did things differently. Its not illegal to drink. But i chose to be alcohol free for my children.
We all are doing better than we ever have. I have started my own business and its going strong and all the children are healthy and went from D's and F's to A's and B's. I owe a lot of that credit to my mother.

we must not forget that there are two sides to every story. I am here to defend myself and explain some truths. Beleive me, I feel terrible for what happened in 2009 even to this day. I will never forgive myself for what I have put my children through. You must understand that I was trying to protect my children that night. Noone sees it that way because I was drinking alcohol. I admit drinking that night. You see...I didn't just live in an apartment complex. I lived in "The Projects". Everyone knows what that is. Nothing good about it or who lives there. And yes I know I lived there too. I was a bad mother because i could not financialy take care of my 5 children on my own. I struggled with them since i ran away from there abusive father. He wouldn't let me work and i didn't know how to provide for them.
We were forced to live in the projects or they were going to put my kids in foster care. So I tried it. I thought, "how bad could it be?" I was NEVER prejudice until i lived there. I learned that those people are ruthless, no good for nothing low lifes. I'm sorry for bashing people like that but its the god honest truth and its sad the way they are even down to little 2 year olds acting just like the adults. I tried to fit me and my children in and they just take advantage of you anyway they can. They would beat up my children for no reason so I had to keep them locked up in the house. The kids in the neighborhood would smear cupcakes and mud all over the doors..it was aweful.
That night in 2009 all I wanted was to try to enjoy myself a little. Keep in mind that I did not remember anything that night because I blacked out. I remembered everything 2 days later. And I know that I blacked out because of the combination of the alcohol, adreneline, fear and anger. I was sitting outside in my vehicle listening to music because my cd player in the house was not working and i like to listen to music. well the residents started on us. Two of my children were with me. we saw the residences making gestures and would walk by the vehicle and hit it then they started throwing stuff at the vehicle. My 10 year old told me she was scared and wanted to go inside the house. my 6 year old son wanted to stay with me so i walked a short distance to the front door to let my daughter in the house. as i was closing the door and locking it where she was safe inside, i saw two of the residents trying to get into my vehicle. i was scared to death because my son was still in there so i ran and got into it and the people started coming towards us. i didn't know what to do so i started the vehicle and took off over the curb because a car was blocking me in from behind. That is where my adreneline and fear and anger kicked in. i figured my daughter was safer at the house while i go for help. i couldn't think straight and i went to a convienece store where a friend of mine worked. I was in histerics and told her i left my daughter at home and didn't know what to do. she told me to go get my daughter. when i went back to my house i pulled around back hoping the residents wouldn't see me come in so i could get my daughter. there are no lights in the back of the apartments. i didnt see the police officer.
All I know is i was trying to protect my children. Yes I admit i was wrong to be drinking and yes i have kept my promise to never drink again because i saw what alcohol mixed with adreneline, fear and anger did. I never will take that chance again. if i was in my right mind then i would have did things differently. Its not illegal to drink. But i chose to be alcohol free for my children.
We all are doing better than we ever have. I have started my own business and its going strong and all the children are healthy and went from D's and F's to A's and B's. I owe a lot of that credit to my mother.

Rachel-

All I see in your response is someone blaming others for your own bad actions. I understand times are hard for you. I would like to suggest you checking out Alcoholics Anonymous. As a woman with 5 years sobriety myself I have heard your story many times over. Blacking out is from alcohol and has nothing to do with adreneline, fear or anything else. Be honest with yourself, stop making excuses and take resposibilty for your actions. I personally made many promises to stop drinking and broke them time and time again. The only way is 12 step prgram. Hope you can find your way.

BTW I have heard many women say I love my children to ever do this again and some how they find themselves drunk over and over again. Neglecting the children they love so much. Alcoholism is an insidious disease.

Last edited:
First of all, congrats for not acting like an ignorant douche and yelling about how only God can judge you...that line is a bit old around here.

Second of all...I could point out the fact that altough you were harrassed and scared...YOU were the one that decided to drink to access that night, around your kids no less. Even if you weren't in an unsafe environment you still shouldn't drink to the point of blacking out when you have children around who depend on you...However, you seem to have acknowledged that fact already.

So...my advice would be to listen to Gee, she's a smart (and cute) cookie and she gave you some great advice. I hope for you, and your children's sake that you are sincere in wanting to make a better life for your family.

From what I have seen on these threads in the last few days is nothing but a bunch of people getting on here. Bitching about the things we say, and not saying anything that would persuade us to believe them.

I would like to thank you for comiing on here and explaining your side rather than just getting hostile.

I do believe that you may have been afraid. But if you knew that your neighbors were like that, how could you risk your's and your children's lives just so you could listen to music. Music is great, but I would not be outside where someone might hurt me or my children just so I can listen to it. And I sure as hell would not be drinking when I have children to care for.
And you say that you have stopped drinking. Well, I hope this is true. I have never said people should not drink, except when it came down to alcoholics. And my dear, if you can drink yourself into a blackout, you are an alcoholic.
You say you have learned from your mistake and are moving on to greener pastures. Congratulations. Take really good care of your kids and have a great life.

Gee has given you the truth, which I second. Get to a 12 step program, find a sponsor and then do what you're told to do. As the child of an alcoholic I can tell you that you have a lot of amends to make, most of them to your children. Alcoholics have 3 ways to go: locked up, covered up or sobered up. You choose. Make an effort to get sober, not dry..sober, and the members of AA will literally love you back to life. I am living proof; if I don't drink and don't die, at midnight on May 28th I will have completed 22 years of continuous sobriety, by the grace of a Higher Power and the love of my home group. I wish you well, one day at a time.

Gee has given you the truth, which I second. Get to a 12 step program, find a sponsor and then do what you're told to do. As the child of an alcoholic I can tell you that you have a lot of amends to make, most of them to your children. Alcoholics have 3 ways to go: locked up, covered up or sobered up. You choose. Make an effort to get sober, not dry..sober, and the members of AA will literally love you back to life. I am living proof; if I don't drink and don't die, at midnight on May 28th I will have completed 22 years of continuous sobriety, by the grace of a Higher Power and the love of my home group. I wish you well, one day at a time.

Your an old timer and my new hero:love:

I appreciate your suggestions.... I do go to AA once a week. i also attend a parenting class twice a month. And I do not make exuses for myself. I take full blame for what happened. I just don't want anyone thinking i was trying to run over children. The article made me sound like a bad person. No one is perfect. I did wrong things and i admit to them. but i am not dwelling on the past. we have moved on for the better. i am proud of where we are at.

Yes, it was nice to see, considering some of what we get here, mixed in with the "only God can judge" stuff. Rachel, I hope that you are in a better place, both in your life AND your living arrangements. I've never lived in the projects, but I have heard some horror stories. I do know that it actually depends on where you are. My grandma lived in subsidized housing (projects) for many years and she had some really wonderful neighbors who looked after her when family could not always be there.

Most of all, I hope that life continues to be better for your children. They are the most important people in all this, and they deserve to live happy lives that are free of fear and pain.

[MENTION=5513]rachel walls[/MENTION], I don't know what it's like to have that problem and hope I never will. I wish you all the best for your kid's future as well as yours!!!

I thought I'd come back and see what else has been said about me....Thank you to the ones who have been supportive and helpful and had suggestions. I appreciate them. My children and I are still going strong. Life is wonderful. I never knew it could be this good. I think a lot has to do with no alcohol. I have learned that it will ruin everything. I should have never took that first drink because once you do, it takes over your mind and makes you fearless, and you make terrible decissions. Than night in 2009 was my wake up call. I lost my kids and almost killed others. God was giving me a chance to realize what I was doing and a chance to make life the way it should be. I am just so grateful for that chance. I may have lost my children for a little while, but I have proven to them and everyone that they are more important than life itself. I dedicate every breath for them. They are number one now. And they see that and it helps bring us all together when small problems arise. Typical problems that every family goes through. We are able to work them out smoothly because we have became close and understand each other. None of us want to lose each other again. .......a little advice to the "un-nice" people in here---don't kick someone when they're down. That makes matters worse for some people. Most of the time people just need help and encouragement.

I have no sympathy for those who are selfish and stupid enough to drive while under the influence. 0 tolerance, no excuses accepted.

That is all.

I wasn't asking for sympathy. I do not deserve it. I just hope someone can learn from my mistakes. I bring up my mistakes to my children many times when we talk. I want them to remember what I did and how it affected their lives so they will not make the same mistakes I did. and alcohol was the number one mistake I made. It interfered with my decisions. And in my situation I sure the hell was not going to try running from those monsters on foot. Me and my son would have sure been dead. I do not want to make arguements out of this. I'm human, I made mistakes, I learned, I made life better. That is all.

I wasn't asking for sympathy. I do not deserve it. I just hope someone can learn from my mistakes. I bring up my mistakes to my children many times when we talk. I want them to remember what I did and how it affected their lives so they will not make the same mistakes I did. and alcohol was the number one mistake I made. It interfered with my decisions. And in my situation I sure the hell was not going to try running from those monsters on foot. Me and my son would have sure been dead. I do not want to make arguements out of this. I'm human, I made mistakes, I learned, I made life better. That is all.

Again, I wish you nothing but the very best in life. We all make mistakes, but learning from them is the best lesson you will ever have. You were giving a chance to rectify your mistakes and it seems you are doing just that. Keep your head up and always have this experience as a reminder of how far you have come!!!

You should stick around...we're not all assholes.

Obsolete.......I noticed you are located in Springfield, Oregon.....I used to live there. I went my 4 years of high school there then moved to north carolina.....thanks for your reply...i know.

I'm glad you didn't die. I'm also glad you didn't kill anyone. But, I'm sorry if I have no use for those who feel the need to get behind the wheel while impaired. I'm also sorry, [MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION], that you think I'm an asshole. I'm really not; I'm just someone who's been personally affected by a drunk driver, so I have set opinions about it. I won't ask you to change your mind, and don't ask me to change mine.

Thanks.

Why do you care what we think! Continue to focus your energy on getting healthy and getting your kids back.
But I'm glad to see you are taking responsibility for your own actions.

Why do you care what we think! Continue to focus your energy on getting healthy and getting your kids back.
But I'm glad to see you are taking responsibility for your own actions.

I AM focusing my energy on my kids, but I still have the mental ability to care what people think of me. It's only natural. ...Think about it-- what if someone wrote an article in the newspaper about you that twisted it around to make you look like a child killer. wouldn't you want to defend yourself? Also, I am proud of how I have turned my life around and I like to share it for the people who care to listen.
I realy want this all to stop. I feel like its turning into arguments and I do not like to argue. It's realy immature. I appologize to anyone who thinks I am argueing. I just feel the need to make some things clear for some people who do not understand certain things.

Like Obsolete said, stick around. We are used to getting responses from the people mentioned in the articles posted. Majority are always assholes trying to defend the poor actions of their loved ones, or friends. You stated your side, and that is all you can do. You don't owe any of us anything, just continue on your path of getting your life together.

You should stick around.......:shakehands:

Meh. I didn't splain myself well.
You've been here once, told your side, but then came back... To see what people were saying.
... I'm still not articulating what I mean.
So... Welcome, and stuff.

Back