• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Malnourished children have been rescued from 'squalid and wretched' conditions at a hoarder house they lived at with their dad.

The children were found riddled with worms and headlice when they were discovered at a home, which has been described by police as a 'house of horrors'.

Three children, two boys and a girl aged five, seven and 10, lived among piles of rubbish, cockroaches, flies and maggots before they were rescued from the home in February last year.

There were also syringes found scattered throughout the home, even under the bed all three children shared.

Cairns Police said it was among the worst child neglect cases they had ever seen.

Despite this, the 36-year-old father escaped a jail sentence when he appeared in court on Wednesday.

The man pleaded guilty to a string of offences including cruelty to a child under the age of 16, animal negligence and keeping a protected animal.

He was handed a two and a half year probation order, the Cairns Post reported.

The man, initially blamed the malnourished state of his family on their 'picky eating'.

This was discredited when his eldest son revealed the truth to police officers investigating the case.

Crown Prosecutor Nicole Friedewald told the court the boy admitted he and his siblings were lucky to eat one meal a day.

'The conditions of the house can only be described as squalid and wretched,' Ms Friedewald said.

The court also heard two dangerously malnourished Staffordshire Bull Terriers were rescued from the home. A wallaby was also discovered to be living inside the house.

Defence Barrister Josh Trevino told the court his client did not intentionally harm his children.

He said the father-of-three suffered from undiagnosed chronic depression.

Mr Trevino said his client was working to restore his relationship with the children, and had since been awarded unsupervised visitation rights.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-children-rescued-house-horrors-Cairns.html

Last edited:
A 2 and a half year probation...
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING!?!?!?!

Queensland must have an excess of ponies.
So was the wallaby wild and just hung out there or was it an intentional pet?

Despite this, the 36-year-old father escaped a jail sentence when he appeared in court on Wednesday.

The man pleaded guilty to a string of offences including cruelty to a child under the age of 16, animal negligence and keeping a protected animal.

He was handed a two and a half year probation order, the Cairns Post reported.

Australia.... No big surprise on the shitty sentence....

A wallaby was also discovered to be living inside the house.

Momo?

2.5 years of probation and unsupervised visitation, they'll soon be right back where they were before. why even go to all the trouble, they obviously don't care about the children, just like child protective services the world over.

He said the father-of-three suffered from undiagnosed chronic depression.
I wonder if he missed as many meals as his children and pets did?
2.5 years of probation and unsupervised visitation, they'll soon be right back where they were before. .
Visitation means they don't live with him.
Let's hope he realizes they can't live together because his problems are too dire to provide properly.
We can only hope the children are safe with loving family.

I know that what it means. In my mind the timeline goes like this:

Supervised to unsupervised to over nights to living with dad again. Probably within 6mo to a year, that's why I said "soon".

Happened to my son's foster daughter, she had been in state custody since she was 9mo old, My son and daughter in law had her 9mos. Mother still had no job, daddy still had no job, still living in an insect infected trailer, but back she went. At least they are not physically abusive, but neglect might equal the same thing in time.

The reason I know so much about the bio parents is because the baby is the daughter of my daughter in law's cousin. Thankfully they still get to keep her on weekends about once a month. So hopefully the parents mind their Ps and Qs and behave themselves. Because they know we are watching.

That's exactly what i thought too ... is having a wallaby in the house really a thing now ? Like having a giant Guinea pig or something ? I wonder if they stink? So cute ... so gross. like beavers. Have you ever walked near a beaver damn ? GAG.
[doublepost=1519346732,1519346410][/doublepost]
No, no, NO. You do NOT give the kids back in a situation like that...

You can't do drugs in front of kids ... except weed. Like you can't hot box the house, but you can roll a fast one for the park, while your kid gets his shoes on for sure.

I can't imagine shooting up near a kid. NEEDLES all over the place ... Danger, Danger. GAG ... again.

Not buying it. I had chronic depression but my kids were clean, well fed, attended school and most importantly were well loved. You make yourself do the important stuff.

That's exactly what i thought too ... is having a wallaby in the house really a thing now ? Like having a giant Guinea pig or something ? I wonder if they stink? So cute ... so gross. like beavers. Have you ever walked near a beaver damn ? GAG.
[doublepost=1519346732,1519346410][/doublepost]

You can't do drugs in front of kids ... except weed. Like you can't hot box the house, but you can roll a fast one for the park, while your kid gets his shoes on for sure.

I can't imagine shooting up near a kid. NEEDLES all over the place ... Danger, Danger. GAG ... again.
Yup, people keep wallabies I just googled it, apparently they're affectionate and pretty easy to care for.
[doublepost=1519366081][/doublepost]
Not buying it. I had chronic depression but my kids were clean, well fed, attended school and most importantly were well loved. You make yourself do the important stuff.
That's right, even if you get nothing fucking else done, you can keep a half clean house and take good care of your babies. I manage to.

There would probably have been a reason that DOCS did not remove those children. Australia has a shameful history of removing children from some groups whether it was warranted or not. Now they are loath to remove children who are in danger. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Back