• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The principal of Manchester Elementary school has been placed on leave as of Thursday morning, according to an Elkhorn Public Schools spokesperson.

As of this morning, Principal Sinclair has been placed on administrative leave. Due to the fact that this is an ongoing personnel issue, the District cannot comment further.

It comes after officials say Jennifer Sinclair sent a memo to Manchester Elementary staff earlier this week.

It listed acceptable things to have in classrooms and on assignments like sledding, scarves, yetis and even Olaf from the Disney movie Frozen.

It also outlined things that were not acceptable: Santa, Christmas trees, candy canes, reindeer and more.

Wednesday, officials sent a statement saying "the memo does not reflect the policy of Elkhorn Public Schools regarding holiday symbols in the school."

Official policy on the district's website does allow Christmas trees and Santa Claus. The district says these are considered secular in nature.
https://fox42kptm.com/news/local/el...-memo-banning-candy-canes-red-and-green-items
1544161879930.png
1544161927715.png
1544162104227.png

he organization, Liberty Counsel got wind of the principal's memo and sent a demand letter to the superintendent of Elkhorn Public Schools asking the district to lift the Christmas ban.

The list of "not acceptable" practices include:

• Santas or Christmas items (clipart) on worksheets
  • Christmas trees in classrooms
  • Elf on the Shelf - that’s Christmas-related
  • Singing Christmas Carols
  • Playing Christmas music
  • Sending a Scholastic book that is a Christmas book - that’s Christmas-related
  • Making a Christmas ornament as a gift - This assumes that the family has a Christmas tree which assumes they celebrate Christmas. I challenge the thought of, ‘Well they can just hang it somewhere else.’
  • Candy Cane - that’s Christmas-related. Historically, the shape is a ‘J’ for Jesus. The red is for the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection. This would also include different colored candy canes.
  • Red/Green items - traditional Christmas colors
  • Reindeer
  • Christmas videos/movies and/or characters from Christmas movies” (emphasis added)
The principal’s “acceptable” list included:

• Gifts to students
  • Snowmen, snow women, snow people
  • Snowflakes
  • Gingerbread people
  • Holidays Around the World
  • Sledding
  • Hot chocolate
  • Polar Bears
  • Penguins
  • Scarves, boots, earmuffs, and hats
  • “Yetis” and “Olaf” (the snowman from the movie Frozen.
https://www.ketv.com/article/elkhor...anes-and-other-christmas-decorations/25424233

Reality Check ... No it hasn't! Or this story wouldn't exist. Sad ... but true.

Like ... you could offend somebody.
Wrong.
We grew up saying it and it was fine. The same as Jewish friends wished me happy Hanukkah and that too was fine. It was the notion of someone offering you a well wish during a time that has important to them.

Sure I get some thin skinned folks want to stir shit up and all, but we were never told at school, work, on the air...anytime place we could not.

Also please don't throw out the nonsense that Donald somehow saved Christmas and made saying it ok. There is tons of video evidence from all previous administrations in the States where it was used. The only time it got traction was on FOX.

As an aside seeing the verboten list posses me off.
Ban a reindeer but a yeti or possessed snowman is ok?
Frigging lunacy.

Can we start teaching a "Wide Shoulders and Thick Skin" course in colleges so people won't get butt hurt over a simple, friendly season appropriate greeting!!!
or
Let's just replace all greetings with a hearty "Fuck off" and see if that suits them better

Wrong.
We grew up saying it and it was fine. The same as Jewish friends wished me happy Hanukkah and that too was fine. It was the notion of someone offering you a well wish during a time that has important to them.

Sure I get some thin skinned folks want to stir shit up and all, but we were never told at school, work, on the air...anytime place we could not.

Also please don't throw out the nonsense that Donald somehow saved Christmas and made saying it ok. There is tons of video evidence from all previous administrations in the States where it was used. The only time it got traction was on FOX.

As an aside seeing the verboten list posses me off.
Ban a reindeer but a yeti or possessed snowman is ok?
Frigging lunacy.

Stop it ... you're offending me !!! Seriously ... we're not allowed ... we might not like it very much and we might rebel but we're not allowed. I'm not one of those thin skinned folks but I know what the rules are ... Merry Christmas and Have a Cool Yule !

Does this administrative leave mean they put the principal on a shelf until after new years and bring her back?
I wonder what she plans for Easter?

HA!
Last night I went to my son's "Christmas Band Concert" where they played Christmas songs.

It was a great night. And noone got offended.

Does this administrative leave mean they put the principal on a shelf until after new years and bring her back?
I wonder what she plans for Easter?

I don't know ... but clip art is out .. no colouring pages for the kids ... even if they're not and maybe even especially because they are Christians.

o0 Is this for real? It would make an excellent plot for a Christmas cartoon... "Evil principal lady sucks fun out of Christmas by getting hyper-offended! Who will save the day?!"

Hmm... Where does Frosty land in this list?

Back