• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Would any information Epstein disclosed change how you voted for?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

evervigilant

Trusted Member
A woman who claims that an American investment banker loaned her to rich and powerful friends as an underage “sex slave” has alleged in a US court document that she was repeatedly forced to have sexual relations with Prince Andrew.

The accusation against the Duke of York is contained in a motion filed in a Florida court this week in connection with a long-running lawsuit brought by women who say they were exploited by Jeffrey Epstein, a multi-millionaire convicted of soliciting sex with an underage girl after a plea deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rew-named-us-lawsuit-underage-sex-allegations

I did a search for Virginia Roberts (the accuser) and Prince Andrew and found nothing. Apologies if it's already posted. It's been big news over here and I presumed it would already be posted. This woman is saying she met the Queen twice. That's being strongly denied, and Prince Andrew's camp are issuing denials, but there's at least one photo of them together with Robert Maxwell's daughter Ghislaine in the background.

Jeffrey Epstein is accused of organising meetings between them and is himself being sued by at least forty women for sexually abusing them as teens. He picked on girls from deprived areas and offered them money for sexual favours. Even after his release from his woefully short sentence for sex abuse Andrew was still seen walking with him in public.

There was one name in Roberts’ court filing that escaped the public attention heaped on others: Jean Luc Brunel.

Brunel, who is French and in his 60s, is the co-founder of of MC2 Model Management, a Miami-based modelling agency with offices in New York and Tel Aviv. A well-known model scout since the 1970s, Brunel is credited with launching the careers of Milla Jovovich, Christy Turlington and Sharon Stone.

But his career has sometimes been marred by controversy. A CBS 60 Minutes documentary once accused Brunel of sexually exploiting young women, an allegation he denied.

But Brunel’s close friendship with Epstein has never been in doubt. The model scout’s name appears frequently in the flight logs kept for Epstein’s private jets and prison records show he visited Epstein 67 times when he was in jail.

The 30 December court filing relaying Roberts’ allegations, however, went further than the innuendo that has occasionally surrounded Brunel’s friendship with Epstein. It explicitly alleged that Epstein was effectively exploiting Brunel’s access to young women for the purposes of sex trafficking.

“He would bring young girls (ranging to ages as young as twelve) to the United States for sexual purposes and farm them out to his friends, especially Epstein,” the filing states. “Brunel would offer the girls ‘modeling’ jobs. Many of the girls came from poor countries or impoverished backgrounds, and he lured them in with a promise of making good money.”

Roberts alleged she was forced to have sex with Brunel, too, and was made to “observe” the French model scout engaging in “sexual acts with dozens of underage girls”.

The Guardian made repeated attempts to contact Brunel to afford him the opportunity to respond to the allegations of impropriety, including those contained in the 30 December court filing. He did not respond.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/10/jeffrey-epstein-decade-scandal-prince-andrew

There are loads of articles in The Guardian about the people involved. I read that the prosecutors have also been named in the lawsuit.

I hear this all too well...(The Guardian...ah!) as you know, Canada--where I live with dual USA passport--is The Royal property. Since my hubby is a Glaswegian, and all the time I have spent in the UK, well, let me just say I heart Charlie Brooker, and I watch more shows from the BBC, Channel 4, ITV...(And we are STILL searching for Royston Vasey!). Indeed, I say why is there a royal family anymore??
It isn't that the Queen has control of anything, save 80 year olds that still use Charles & Diana tea sets for their cuppas.
Setting aside the obvious; Yay Kate can re-produce, and Camilla actually has a title. Fergie supports the husband she sold out, and their daughters are the epitome of the two evil stepsisters in any Brothers Grimm story that has them, and now...Prince Albert got caught with his thumb in the pie, so to speak.
Since the Victorian era, The royal family have been long overdue for a proper Regicide, They contribute NOTHING except smile and hoard money, Indeed...The entire church and state thing is way past due. Prime Minister David is doing a crappy enough job as it is, why double trouble it by having these inbred morons sitting on their tufts...Oh, how that Hope diamond shall curse you as well Elizabeth...What is wrong with your sons!??

When Fergie opens her mouth, that means one of two things is going on; there is either shite coming out, or shite going in. I wholly believe that all of these accusations are sadly real, and probably not half as bad as what we don't know.

I can only imagine, as I try to never, ever, neverever try to put too much energy their way.
They certainly don't need it.

Last edited:
When you say Royston Vasey do you mean Chubs or the town from The League of Gentlemen? I'm a big fan of both lol. Have you watched Black Mirror? I can recommend it if you're a Charlie Brooker fan. There's an episode called White Bear that I think would appeal to most of the posters on the Demon.

The Glaswegian accent is my favourite British accent, and without saying too much I could probably guess your husband's religion and favourite Scottish football team lol. I think it's ingrained into us fs, I'm from Norn Iron and it's very like Scotland.

We have a Tory/Lib Dem government atm, with David Cameron and Nick Clegg at the helm. Don't think they'll last past the next election though, thank fuck. Our prime minister is a cousin of the Queen. I never give any of them too much thought myself, but I wouldn't put anything past them, especially slimy Andrew. It's very interesting reading.

US politicians on video with underage sex slaves?

One largely unasked question surrounding the Jeffrey Epstein affair is whether any current or former U.S. political figures were videoed frolicking with the financier’s alleged ring of underage “sex slaves.”

There is evidence Epstein kept cameras hidden in the bedrooms of his various homes. Damaging videos of sitting U.S. politicians abusing schoolgirls could constitute a national security threat, providing sources of blackmail for foreign countries.

Prince Andrew is the only currently serving political figure alleged to have participated in Epstein’s underage activities. In court filings, Jane Doe No. 3, identified as 31-year-old Virginia Roberts, says that when she was 17 she was forced by Epstein to have repeated “sexual relations” with the Duke of York in London, New York and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Roberts, one of scores of underage girls allegedly abused by Epstein, also claimed in depositions that she had been sex-trafficked to “many other powerful men, including numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister and other world leaders.”

Epstein’s “black book,” eventually obtained by the courts, contained a list of his high-level contacts, including former President Bill Clinton, Henry Kissinger, former Israeli prime ministers Ehud Olmert and Ehud Barak, and at least three Kennedys.

Many of the A-listers were visitors to Epstein’s various residences and were flown on the flamboyant financier’s fleet of private jets. Epstein was known to have associated with scores of top U.S. political figures.

Videos?

Epstein has faced accusations he used the teenagers to blackmail businessmen and political figures.

The U.K.’s Mirror reported original court documents filed in 2007 against Epstein “reveal that he recorded the sordid orgies he threw for VIPs at his luxury homes using cameras hidden in the walls of guest bedrooms.”

Roberts claimed in court filings that Epstein forced her to detail her alleged sexual encounters with Prince Andrew so the financier could use the information to “blackmail” the royal.

There is more evidence of videos.

Six-year-old court documents detail the Palm Beach Police confiscating hidden cameras from Epstein’s Florida mansion.

“Some of the photographs in the defendant’s possession were taken with hidden cameras set up in [Epstein's] home in Palm Beach,” states one court filing.

“On the day of his arrest, police found two hidden cameras and photographs of underage girls on a computer in the defendant’s home. … [He] may have taken lewd photographs of Jane Doe 102 with his hidden cameras and transported [them] to his other residences and elsewhere.”

Other links that might be of interest...

Scotland Yard urged to probe Prince Andrew’s bodyguards over sex scandal

Jeffrey Epstein And A Long History Of Slime (A Must Read)

Prince Andrew denies underage sex claims - News.com.au

Prince Andrew Named in Epstein Underage Sex Slave Suit; High-Level Politicians/Businessmen/Celebrities/Academics Linked

Epstein/Prince Andrew/Dershowitz Sex Slave Lawsuit - Scribd

Underage 'sex slave' ring a national security threat ...

Jeffrey Epstein: from high school teacher to billionaire ...

More on Virginia Roberts...

Abused as a child. Dabbling with drugs. And now Virginia ...

No kidding...Jeffrey Epstein is a Level 3 sexual offender!

Prince Andrew made 'error' by staying friends with Epstein

The prince was a royal “fool” to stay friends with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein after his release from prison, an insider says.

Prince Andrew, 54, is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old American girl while she was a virtual “sex slave” to Epstein, a billionaire businessman the feds say sexually abused scores of underage girls.

The Duke of York previously admitted he made an “error of judgment” hanging out with Epstein in 2011 after he finished an 18-month stint behind bars.

The royal embarrassment continued on Sunday.

“It would be crass and disingenuous to suggest that he has been unaffected by this,” a source close to Andrew told The Telegraph of Britain.

“He is watching the news and reading the headlines and even though the friendship with Jeffrey Epstein was acknowledged as being unwise back in 2011, the duke has clearly had a long time this week for the consequences of that friendship to further sink in. More than ever, he can see how foolish it was.”

Virginia Roberts, 30, identified as Jane Doe No. 3 in court documents, charges Epstein, 61, paid her about $15,000 after she slept with so-called Randy Andy in 2001. She claims she was forced to sleep with Andrew, and others, from 1999 to 2002.

Andrew has “emphatically denied” her allegations.

But he’s afraid to take legal action against his accuser, like famed attorney Alan Dershowitz, who countersued Roberts last week after she made similar allegations against him.

“(Dershowitz) isn’t the fifth in line to the throne of the U.K. What alternative does that leave (Andrew)?” the source said. “He could come out and give an interview to fight it in the court of public opinion, but the denials have already been categorical and cover every detailed allegation that has been put to him.”

Andrew is worried about bringing more attention to the bombshell accusations, the source said. “If a stream of allegations appear and are answered point by point through the media, he knows that will only prolong and amplify a story that has been deeply uncomfortable for the royal family,” the insider said.

More on Jeffrey Epstein...

JEFFREY E EPSTEIN - Florida Sexual Offender
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - Sexual Offender / Predator Flyer

Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein: I'm a sex offender, not a predator ...
New York judge ruled at a hearing last month that the moneyman is the most dangerous kind of sex offender: a Level 3.That means, according to the state, Epstein is at “high risk” to repeat his offense and poses “a threat to public safety.”

DA wanted lower sex offender status for Jeffrey Epstein - NY ...
"The sleazy billionaire was desperate to avoid being branded a dangerous public pervert when he moved back to Manhattan after he was released from a Florida prison in 2009. At a sex offender registration hearing in 2011, Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Gaffney stunned the judge by recommending that Epstein be classified as a Level One offender, which is the lowest on the scale. The judge denied the recommendation."

Jeffrey Epstein: inside the decade of scandal entangling Prince Andrew
"How a telephone call set off a cascade of FBI investigations, secret plea deals and lawsuits from Palm Beach, Florida, to Buckingham Palace as questions resurface over whether the disgraced financier used his wealth and power to elude justice."

Jeffrey Epstein scandal: women with new identities run firms from Epstein-linked property
"Two women questioned about Prince Andrew in 2010, operating businesses from New York property years after appearing to have left Epstein’s entourage."

When you say Royston Vasey do you mean Chubs or the town from The League of Gentlemen? I'm a big fan of both lol. Have you watched Black Mirror? I can recommend it if you're a Charlie Brooker fan. There's an episode called White Bear that I think would appeal to most of the posters on the Demon.

The Glaswegian accent is my favourite British accent, and without saying too much I could probably guess your husband's religion and favourite Scottish football team lol. I think it's ingrained into us fs, I'm from Norn Iron and it's very like Scotland.

We have a Tory/Lib Dem government atm, with David Cameron and Nick Clegg at the helm. Don't think they'll last past the next election though, thank fuck. Our prime minister is a cousin of the Queen. I never give any of them too much thought myself, but I wouldn't put anything past them, especially slimy Andrew. It's very interesting reading.

LOG...
Have all the Black Mirrors, (and his books...) Did you see the latest Screewnwipe?
Yeah...I appreciate the choir lesson, but...I am already perverted...;). My Hubby? He isn't a football fan, neither of us are sports folk...He is a musician/artist/photographer, and well...I am a me.

Yeah...I think Charlie and I were actually meant to take over the world together...but? Hasn't happened. Brilliant mind. I also have my Hubby to thank for that. I think he regrets it now tho..Love all the LOG blokes. I also love Darren Brown, (whom is seen quite often with Marc Gattiss...) I love his humor on his own, has that love of MR James, and Tales of The Unexpected vibe from his stuff.
Darren Brown, imo...Is thee ONE so-called illusionist that I think is actually a real Magus, but tries real hard to pretend to everyone that he is just a really good 'illusionist'.

I would definitely donate my grey matter for him to splatter about in. "I would like to be inserted into a Universal film please!"

Yeah, I am American.*shields herself from rotten tomatoes* But I am also Canadian...(born in the US, lived in Canada long enough for a Dual) Actually got married in Templewood, Scotland. (They found the last of the Roman Horde of Gold there...like Hadrian's wall?) 13 stones, one circle, and a funeral cairn. It twas a beautiful handfasting. I would very much like to live in Scotland...(specifically the Boleskine mansion, on the cliffs of Loch Ness, I think having Crowley and Jimmy Page as previous tenants would definitely make a fantastic romp to live in.)

Canadian Government is very similar to the UK. Sadly, we have a Conservative arse who is well past his stay...Aren't the Independants a bit of a bunch of cocks? Not a huge fan of Cameron.

Did NOT know that he was a cousin to the Queen. That explains ALOT! (Mainly why those friggin Windsors need to get a move on, and allow the homeless a mansion to loot and live in.)

I take it you have spent some time smiling and nodding over Monkey Dust then, aye?

Federal prosecutors, under former Miami U.S. Attorney Alex Acosta, broke the law when they concealed a plea agreement from more than 30 underage victims who had been sexually abused by wealthy New York hedge fund manager Jeffrey Epstein, a federal judge ruled Thursday.

While the decision marks a victory for crime victims, the federal judge, Kenneth A. Marra, stopped short of overturning Epstein’s plea deal, or issuing an order resolving the case. He instead gave federal prosecutors 15 days to confer with Epstein’s victims and their attorneys to come up with a settlement. The victims did not seek money or damages as part of the suit.

It’s not clear whether the victims, now in their late 20s and early 30s, can, as part of the settlement, demand that the government prosecute Epstein.
[....]
“As a legal matter, the non-prosecution agreement entered into by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Florida does not bind other U.S. Attorneys in other districts. They are free, if they conclude it is appropriate to do so, to bring criminal actions against Mr. Epstein and his co-conspirators,’’ said lawyer David Boies, representing two of Epstein’s victims who claim they were trafficked by Epstein in New York and other areas of the country.

Earlier this month, the Department of Justice announced it was opening a probe of the case in response to calls from three dozen members of Congress. Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, the Republican chairman of the Senate Judiciary Oversight Subcommittee, on Thursday asked the DOJ to re-open Epstein’s plea deal.

“The fact that it’s taken this long to get this far is heartbreaking and infuriating,’’ said Sasse. “The Department of Justice should use this opportunity to reopen its non-prosecution agreement so that Epstein and anyone else who abused these children are held accountable.”

Epstein’s lawyer, Martin Weinberg, did not return a call from the Miami Herald.
[....]
While the decision marks a victory for crime victims, the federal judge, Kenneth A. Marra, stopped short of overturning Epstein’s plea deal, or issuing an order resolving the case. He instead gave federal prosecutors 15 days to confer with Epstein’s victims and their attorneys to come up with a settlement. The victims did not seek money or damages as part of the suit.

It’s not clear whether the victims, now in their late 20s and early 30s, can, as part of the settlement, demand that the government prosecute Epstein.

“As a legal matter, the non-prosecution agreement entered into by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Florida does not bind other U.S. Attorneys in other districts. They are free, if they conclude it is appropriate to do so, to bring criminal actions against Mr. Epstein and his co-conspirators,’’ said lawyer David Boies, representing two of Epstein’s victims who claim they were trafficked by Epstein in New York and other areas of the country.
[....]
Judge Marra, in a 33-page opinion, said prosecutors not only violated the Crime Victims’ Rights Act by not informing the victims, they also misled the girls into believing that the FBI’s sex trafficking case against Epstein was still ongoing — when in fact, prosecutors had secretly closed it after sealing the plea bargain from the public record.

The decision follows a three-part series published by the Miami Herald in November, “Perversion of Justice,’’ which detailed how federal prosecutors collaborated with Epstein’s lawyers to arrange the deal, then hid it from his victims and the public so that no one would know the full scope of Epstein’s crimes and who else was involved.
[....]
Marra said that while prosecutors had the right to resolve the case in any way they saw fit, they violated the law by hiding the agreement from Epstein’s victims.

“Particularly problematic was the Government’s decision to conceal the existence of the [agreement] and mislead the victims to believe that federal prosecution was still a possibility,’’ Marra wrote. “When the Government gives information to victims, it cannot be misleading. While the Government spent untold hours negotiating the terms and implications of the [agreement] with Epstein’s attorneys, scant information was shared with victims.’’

The U.S. attorney’s office in Miami declined to comment.
[....]
Francey Hakes, a former federal prosecutor, said the Crime Victims’ Rights Act doesn’t spell out any punishment for violating its terms, so it would set a precedent to re-open Epstein’s agreement.

“Epstein will surely argue he complied with the agreement, relied upon it, and plead guilty under it so it can’t be overturned in fairness to him,’’ she said. “I will be very interested to see what the parties say the remedy for the violation should be. Ultimately, it is simply shocking the Government went to the lengths they did to keep the victims in the dark in order to make a serious predator’s high priced defense team happy. Justice should not, and does not, look like this.’’
[....]
In an op-ed published Sunday in the Herald, Jeffrey H. Sloman, the former first assistant U.S. Attorney under Acosta during the Epstein case, defended their decision to give Epstein federal immunity. He claimed that many of the victims were too frightened to testify against Epstein.

He also noted that there were “significant legal impediments to prosecuting what was, at heart, a local sex case.’’
[....]
“The CVRA [Crime Victims’ Rights Act] was designed to protect victims’ rights and ensure their involvement in the criminal justice process...’’ Marra wrote.

“...Under the facts of this case, once the Government failed to advise the victims about its intention to enter into the [non-prosecution agreement], a violation of the CVRA occurred.’’

Victims advocates applauded the judge’s decision.

“This is a tremendous victory for crime victims and for the rule of law. The Court made clear that the statute was enacted to make crime victims full participants in the criminal justice system,’’ said Jeff R. Dion, executive director of the Zero Abuse Project. “And when the Government gives information to victims, it cannot be misleading. The Government’s conduct was a clear violation of the CVRA, and the court must now consider a remedy.’’

A federal court of appeals in New York on Monday took the first step in unsealing documentsthat could reveal evidence of an international sex trafficking operation allegedly run by multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein and his former partner, British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

The three-judge panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit gave the parties until March 19 to establish good cause as to why they should remain sealed and, failing to do so, the summary judgment and supporting documents will be made public. The court reserved a ruling on the balance of the documents in the civil case, including discovery materials.

“We’re grateful that the court ruled the summary judgment papers are open and they are moving to expedite having them unsealed,’’ said Sanford Bohrer, the attorney representing the Miami Herald, which filed the motion last year to have the entire case file opened. The Herald’s appeal is supported by 32 other media companies, including the New York Times and Washington Post.
[....]
Most of the documents, including court orders and motions, were filed under seal or heavily redacted, similar to other cases in New York and Florida involving Epstein, a wealthy, politically connected money manager. Epstein, 66, was not a party to the lawsuit, which was filed against Maxwell in 2015 by Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

Giuffre claimed in the lawsuit that she was recruited by Maxwell at Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, when she was 16 years old. Giuffre had been working at the resort’s spa when Maxwell approached her and asked her whether she wanted to become a masseuse for Epstein. Giuffre claimed that the massages were a ruse for Epstein and Maxwell to sexually abuse her and other underage girls, some of whom were trafficked to other influential people, from 1999 to 2002.

Maxwell settled the case before trial, resulting in several millions paid to Giuffre, sources have told the Herald. Maxwell, now an environmentalist, has denied all the allegations. Epstein’s attorney, Martin G. Weinberg, has not responded to emails and calls made by the Herald seeking comment.

But in an op-ed letter to The New York Times last week, Weinberg and three of Epstein’s other lawyers — including Kenneth Starr, known for his pursuit of President Bill Clinton over his sexual conduct — denied that Epstein ever ran a sex trafficking operation.

“The number of young women involved in the investigation has been vastly exaggerated, there was no ‘international sex-trafficking operation’ and there was never evidence that Mr. Epstein ‘hosted sex parties’ at his home,” the lawyers wrote.

Attorneys for Harvard lawyer Alan Dershowitz and conservative social media blogger Michael Cernovich, two other parties to the appeal, also argued to unseal the entire case file. Dershowitz’s lawyer, Andrew G. Celli Jr., wanted the court to release three documents immediately, saying they were necessary to clear the name of his client, who has been accused of being involved in Epstein’s crimes.

Dershowitz was among a team of lawyers who represented Epstein when he came under criminal investigation in Palm Beach in 2005. Epstein was accused by more than three dozen girls, most of them 13 to 16, of luring them to his mansion to give him massages that turned into sex acts. He then used those same girls to recruit more girls over a period of several years, court and police records show.

Giuffre said she was directed by Epstein to have sex with Dershowitz when she was underage. Dershowitz, a professor emeritus at Harvard University and constitutional law scholar, claims the case file contains documents that will prove that she is lying.

Giuffre’s lawyer, Paul Cassell, however, told the appeals court that the case file will establish that she is telling the truth.
[....]
The non-prosecution agreement, brokered by former Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta, is now the focus of a Justice Department investigation.

Acosta, now President Trump’s labor secretary, has said that the deal was approved at the highest levels of the agency.

A federal judge ruled on Feb. 22 that the deal was illegal because Acosta kept it from Epstein’s victims in violation of the Crime Victims’ Rights Act, a federal law that grants victims certain rights, including the right to be told about a plea deal and to appear at sentencing.

A Miami Herald investigation, “Perversion of Justice,’’ showed that Acosta and other prosecutors deliberately kept Epstein’s victims in the dark so that they could not appear at his sentencing and possibly derail the deal. The sentencing judge was also misled about the scope of Epstein’s crimes and how many girls he abused, records indicate.

The U.S. attorney in Atlanta has been assigned to review the non-prosecution agreement in the wake of the Feb. 22 ruling. Epstein’s victim’s want the deal thrown out — which would set a precedent.

As part of the deal, Epstein pleaded guilty to two prostitution charges in state court.

Epstein’s lawyers indicated that they intend to fight any effort to void his immunity agreement.

“Mr. Epstein has gone to prison and made enormous monetary settlements relying on his negotiated agreement. He is entitled to finality like every other defendant,’’ the lawyers said.

Epstein did not go to prison, but served 13 months in a private section of the Palm Beach County jail, where he was allowed to leave for 12 hours a day to go to his office in West Palm Beach under a work release program that is normally not granted to convicted sex offenders.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article227411649.html

MIAMI — A once-secret plea deal reached a decade ago with wealthy convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein must stand, despite objections from many of his victims who were teenagers at the time, federal prosecutors said in a new court filing.

Prosecutors said a violation of the Crime Victims' Rights Act does not allow for the agreement to be voided. Some of the victims claim the deal, known as a non-prosecution agreement or NPA, should be thrown out at least partially because they were not consulted as required under that law.

"The past cannot be undone; the government committed itself to the NPA, and the parties have not disputed that Epstein complied with its provisions," prosecutors said.

Jack Scarola, an attorney for two victims who challenged the agreement in West Palm Beach federal court, said Tuesday that "the government has failed to comply with its own regulations" in the case.

"Congress did not contemplate the extraordinary circumstances of this conspiracy between the government and a serial child molester," Scarola said in an email.
[....]
It will be up to U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra to decide what to do. The victims have a July 8 deadline to respond to the Justice Department's filing.

Although the Justice Department supports the Epstein agreement, Assistant U.S. Attorneys Jill Steinberg and Nathan Kitchens acknowledged in the filing that the failure to consult victims "fell short of the government's dedication to serve victims to the best of its ability."

They asked that Marra approve a Justice Department proposal that would allow victims to speak in a public court hearing about the Epstein agreement, if they wish. They also proposed that a government representative be chosen to meet with any victims privately to discuss the deal, and that additional training be required for prosecutors in the Miami-based federal district.

These actions, they wrote, "are necessary to give a voice to victims of Jeffrey Epstein and an opportunity for them to understand why the government resolved the case in the manner it did."

The prosecutors added that some victims said in recent meetings that they want to remain anonymous. The prosecutors also said voiding the plea deal might jeopardize the restitution money that Epstein paid them under its terms. Steinberg and Kitchens work in the Atlanta U.S. attorney's office, which was appointed to handle the case in March.
[....]

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Wednesday ordered the immediate unsealing of nearly 2,000 pages of records in the case against Florida billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. The court warned the media and public about the privacy ramifications for those mentioned in the documents.

“We recognize the potential damage to privacy and reputation that may accompany public disclosure of hard‐fought, sensitive litigation,” the opinion said.

Epstein pleaded guilty to two prostitution charges and served 13 months in Palm Beach County jail, but could have faced life in prison with a federal sex trafficking conviction. His alleged accomplices were never charged.

The panel also found the district court failed to conduct the “requisite particularized review” before sealing the filings.

“We therefore clarify the legal tools that district courts should use in safeguarding the integrity of their dockets,” it wrote.

A cautionary note to the public and word of advice to the media followed: ”We have long noted that the press plays a vital role in ensuring the public right of access. … At the same time, the media does the public a profound disservice when it reports on parties’ allegations uncritically.”

Judge Rosemary S. Pooler dissented in part with the court’s decision, though she agreed that all or most of it should be revealed. She wrote that the district court was better placed to communicate with those whose privacy interests would be affected by the decision, considering the reams of information it will release.

“The task of identifying and making specific redactions in such a substantial volume is perilous,” Pooler wrote. “The consequences of even a seemingly minor error may be grave and are irrevocable.”
[....]

A FoxNews.com investigation in May showed the former president was a frequent flier on Epstein’s infamous jet, dubbed the “Lolita Express,” which earned its Nabakov-inspired nickname because it was reportedly outfitted with a bed where passengers had group sex with young girls.

Flight logs obtained exclusively by FoxNews.comshow the former president taking at least 26 trips around the world aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights.

The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, which obtained the data from the whistle-blower, documented $81 million being routed from HSBC Swiss accounts to The Clinton Foundation, including money from Epstein.

NYPD let convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein skip judge-ordered check-ins
After being labeled a worst-of-the-worst, Level 3 sex offender in 2011, Epstein should have reported in person to verify his address 34 times before he was arrested Saturday on federal child sex-trafficking charges.

Violating requirements of the state’s 1996 Sex Offender Registration Act — including checking in with law enforcement — is a felony punishable by up to four years in prison for a first offense.
https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/nypd-let-convicted-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-skip-judge-ordered-check-ins/

Jeffrey Epstein’s A-list pals rush to distance themselves
https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/jeffrey-epsteins-a-list-pals-rush-to-distance-themselves-after-predators-arrest/

Back