• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I like Brillig's, but with one change

Bowie knife
Wool blanket
1000' of paracord

The bowie knife and wool blanket uses are well know, but the reason I want the paracord is I can make shelter, traps & snairs, a gill net, even a simple bow.
@Old Man Metal and I decided that paracord was a given and not to be counted as gear. I wear one of those paracord bracelets with all the survival gear woven into the center of it when I'm out and about.

My bugout bag. It's got everything i need for shelter, water, fire and food. basic tools, fishing kit, snare kit, a change of clothes, 3 pairs of socks, a bottle of antibiotics, and a little stash of happy just in case I get sad.
Three pieces of gear, not, for example my truck full of gear as a single item.

ETA, all my gear does in fact stay in my truck. In the summer it's handy, in the winter it's traction.

Last edited:
I recommend an unusual item to add to y'alls gear, a whistle. Seriously, it travels further than a human voice, it's an unexpected sound that draws attention in the woods, and you can use it to SOS even if sick or injured. Get a band leader's whistle, I've been carrying one for decades on my key ring.

come on...we both know you can make a bong out of ANYTHING...I made one out of a pumpkin when I was 15 lol
foil & toilet roll cardboard
Post automatically merged:

canteen, multitool knife set [Japanese ones have everything including hatchet & digger and ever strike matches] and a military tarp
would like a sheet/blanket to go with that but that is 4 so i would have my head wound like an Afghani that I could unroll into a sheet blanket, the tarp is waterproof and can lean to or actually make a tent out of leaves can be gathered for bed [&am immune to poison oak&ivy, my killer tool set would let me do anything including making snares, leaves work also for toilet paper and not as bad as some restroom 1 ply, I always have my pickets packed with granola and energy bars but could catch small creatures or fish & good for finding plants & berries, my mega tool kit would also have a form of flashlight. Would naturally run into the biggest buck and deer ever because i wouldn't be able to run them down and stab them to death because jerky and fried meat would be the bomb, they won't even cme on my property :bigtears:

Last edited:
Back