• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member
So...you have 2 weeks to survive in the woods in North America. Never know what will hit you. Pick 3 things you would bring...and maybe tell us why.
Post automatically merged:

I'll start off...ferro rod, metal canteen and a hatchet

Last edited:

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member
I'm guessing there's not much danger in running into you guys out in the forest lol!

It's not for everyone...my wife thinks a hotel without room service is roughing it :)

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Staff member
I like Brillig's, but with one change

Bowie knife
Wool blanket
1000' of paracord

The bowie knife and wool blanket uses are well know, but the reason I want the paracord is I can make shelter, traps & snairs, a gill net, even a simple bow.
@Old Man Metal and I decided that paracord was a given and not to be counted as gear. I wear one of those paracord bracelets with all the survival gear woven into the center of it when I'm out and about.

McDanel

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
My bugout bag. It's got everything i need for shelter, water, fire and food. basic tools, fishing kit, snare kit, a change of clothes, 3 pairs of socks, a bottle of antibiotics, and a little stash of happy just in case I get sad.
Three pieces of gear, not, for example my truck full of gear as a single item.

ETA, all my gear does in fact stay in my truck. In the summer it's handy, in the winter it's traction.

Last edited:

McDanel

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
I recommend an unusual item to add to y'alls gear, a whistle. Seriously, it travels further than a human voice, it's an unexpected sound that draws attention in the woods, and you can use it to SOS even if sick or injured. Get a band leader's whistle, I've been carrying one for decades on my key ring.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
come on...we both know you can make a bong out of ANYTHING...I made one out of a pumpkin when I was 15 lol
foil & toilet roll cardboard
Post automatically merged:

canteen, multitool knife set [Japanese ones have everything including hatchet & digger and ever strike matches] and a military tarp
would like a sheet/blanket to go with that but that is 4 so i would have my head wound like an Afghani that I could unroll into a sheet blanket, the tarp is waterproof and can lean to or actually make a tent out of leaves can be gathered for bed [&am immune to poison oak&ivy, my killer tool set would let me do anything including making snares, leaves work also for toilet paper and not as bad as some restroom 1 ply, I always have my pickets packed with granola and energy bars but could catch small creatures or fish & good for finding plants & berries, my mega tool kit would also have a form of flashlight. Would naturally run into the biggest buck and deer ever because i wouldn't be able to run them down and stab them to death because jerky and fried meat would be the bomb, they won't even cme on my property :bigtears:

Last edited:

Members online