• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A Homestead priest was jailed Friday night on allegations he drugged a woman and raped her.

Father Jean Claude Jean-Philippe, the parochial vicar at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Homestead, has been charged with sexual battery of an incapacitated victim . He remained jailed Saturday at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center and has been placed on administrative leave while the allegation is being investigated.

According to a police report, the woman is a parishioner at the church, and Jean-Philippe had even officiated her wedding.

In October, the 64-year-old priest invited her to his home on the church grounds, offering her tea. She passed out and after drinking the tea, according to the police report, she woke up naked in his bed about two hours later.

The woman had no idea what happened in that two hours. When she awoke, Jean-Philippe was “standing over her bed in his white underwear and no shirt,” according to the report. She told police she smelled bodily fluids, but the priest denied assaulting her.

Police were not notified until after she confided in another clergy person. The Archdiocese said it received a complaint about the priest on March 4, and after meeting with the woman, “directed” her to notify law enforcement.

She told police she smelled bodily fluids

"Now hold on there, now... hold on... now all I did, y'see... all I did was give her a bit of the sacrificimental wine, y'see... some of the wine to relax her... it was The Lawd that filled her up with that Holy Sprirt. I was just the vessel, y'see... the vessel for what was to come from The Lawd, and The Lawd, y'see... well, there's no denyin' Him. So I'll just be goin' back to the Parsonage, got some tea a'brewin'..."

*tries to creep away*

An all-female jury on Friday convicted Father Jean-Claude Philippe. Philippe asked to be let out of jail until his sentencing, a request the judge denied. In 2018, he attacked a parishioner at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Homestead. Philippe faces up to 15 years in prison.

Back