• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mystica43229

Trusted Member
I like reading Cold Case Stories. Maybe I think that someday I will be able to help...

story.eva.jpg

New York (CNN) -- Eva Debruhl, 15, was last seen nearly 33 years ago, cutting the front lawn of her family's home in Rock Hill, South Carolina, with a push mower.

"Eva loved to cut grass, as we both did,'' said her older sister, Tami Settlemyer, 49. "There was just something about cutting grass that we both enjoyed.''

But Debruhl wasn't at the door to greet her sister when she came home from her summer job at the local textile mill late in the afternoon of June 29, 1977. She had missed lunch with her grandmother, who lived in another house on the family's 9-acre spread. And Debruhl's best friend's family had not seen her, either.

Fear and panic quickly set in as the family realized that Debruhl was nowhere to be found.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/26/grace.coldcase.debruhl/index.html

Terribly saddened for the family.
More than once, Debruhl's parents were called to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, to view unidentified remains, but they weren't Debruhl's.
How awful to hope even when its a body you are going to look over. That's when hope has changed to just needing closure.

I can't imagine the heartache this family has gone through. My heart goes out to them.

Eva Debruhl, you are still loved and missed.
EvaDeBruhl.jpg

myspace

Last edited:
Back