• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
While we all appreciate you taking time to share an interesting article you found, please do not copy and paste the bullet points from the top of DailyMail articles. Aside from the formatting being horrendous, it makes it difficult for any of us to promote the articles to the front page without heavily manipulating it.

When it comes to the DailyMail, they are a lot like us in that they are just finding news articles written by others. So 99 percent of their articles have source links to the original news articles -- use those instead. They are usually more accurate, have less misspellings and aren't written by someone who may have dementia.

The best and easiest way to share an article that does not involve you writing it yourself, is to simply follow @Sugar Cookie 's lead. Make a short summary (your own, or a short quote from the article that details the meat of the article - -never, ever the entire article), and a source link. That's it.

If you want to increase your chances of having an article promoted, attach an image to it (but do not hot link it from the source article).

This makes thing very simple, does not have me being contacted by these news outlets demanding I take down articles because they are "stolen" and makes it a hell of a lot easier for us to promote your articles to the front page.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We have multiple threads and warnings about all of this everywhere, but I don't think anyone reads them or totally understands why we ask you do some of these things.

If we no longer have posts based on Daily Mail hysteria, what threads am I even supposed to whine about now?? I feel cheated.

lol... just to be clear, I didn't say don't use DailyMail... I said don't use their actual content. They provide links to the actual news articles they used to create their poorly-written articles, so just use those instead. :p

So just to be clear, is there a threshold as far as how much of an article we can quote?

Obviously I know not the whole thing, but are a few paragraphs OK as long as we quote and attribute it back to the article with a link?

I try to post occasionally, and I don't want to make shit any more difficult for you to anyone else who has to moderate.

So just to be clear, is there a threshold as far as how much of an article we can quote?

Obviously I know not the whole thing, but are a few paragraphs OK as long as we quote and attribute it back to the article with a link?

I try to post occasionally, and I don't want to make shit any more difficult for you to anyone else who has to moderate.

I would just say the relevant portion. It's really up to the news outlet's discretion on what they consider theft or not, but a paragraph or two shouldn't be too bad - especially if providing the source link.

No problem. Just saw this thread. I only get on here around 3-4pm EST, but I'll post a quick story if I see one during the day, which is why I posted that story earlier today.

Has the Daily Mail really called you about "stealing their stories"? That might be the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Almost all of their stories are stolen and contain tons of errors that even a idiot editor would/should catch. When there's no good news they seem to always mine Reddit.

Bumping this thread as a reminder:
If the article you're thinking of posting has a link to an original article, please use the original article linked to your story to post from whenever possible = also, creating your own short and catchy headline will help to get the stories promoted to the FP versus using the same headline as the articles.
So remember to look for a link, and use that article if possible.
TIA!
;)

Last edited:
Bumping this thread as a reminder:
If the article you're thinking of posting has a link to an original article, please use the original article linked to your story to post from whenever possible = also, creating your own short and catchy headline will help to get the stories promoted to the FP versus using the same headline as the articles.
So remember to look for a link, and use that article if possible.
TIA!
;)

We're still receiving multiple Daily Mail articles being posted daily.
Most of the Daily Mail articles have links to the original story - use that link and story, *please*.
If no link is provided by the Daily Mail, a simple engine search of the offender's name, or the crime will lead you to many more reputably sourced outlets for posting better articles for the same story.
This takes just a few moments to do, and greatly improves your chances of your article(s) being promoted to the front page.
Thank you all in advance, and for the fantastic work being done by so many of y'all to get news and crime stories posted to the forums and our FP!
:cool:

Last edited:
Thank you all in advance, and for the fantastic work being done by so many of y'all to get news and crime stories posted to the forums and our FP!
:cool:
the only reason ever use DM is because they usually have the best stack of pics so when i go bold and have good enough internet to post will just use the real article then their title link and pics so we don't get in trouble

I need to use this page as reference > How the heck to bookmark? Since, i am demented > will just copy / forward, to someone on line ...begging them to post it for me :) And the sky will sing, Hallelujah

We're still receiving multiple Daily Mail articles being posted daily.
Most of the Daily Mail articles have links to the original story - use that link and story, *please*.
If no link is provided by the Daily Mail, a simple engine search of the offender's name, or the crime will lead you to many more reputably sourced outlets for posting better articles for the same story.

Good info Siobhan. The info from Mods and Admin about properly posting is invaluable, and I will re-read them all to sharpen up my posts. Thanks

Back