• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A suspected "serial murderer and rapist" is believed to be behind the killings of at least three women in Detroit since March, the city's top cop revealed Wednesday.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said at a news conference the killings of the women -- all believed to be sex workers found in various states of decomposition in abandoned buildings -- was the "makings of a serial killer and rapist that's operating on the east side of Detroit."

"We wanted to get this information out because clearly, it appears there is a trend, and a pattern, and we wanted to make our community, the sex worker community, aware of this very dangerous suspect," Craig told reporters.

Craig said there were other connections between the cases, but he didn't want to go into a lot of detail.

The most recent victim was discovered around 5 a.m. Wednesday in a vacant house on Mack Avenue on the city's east side. Police told FOX2 the woman was found naked and had likely been there for a couple of days due to the stage of decomposition.

Investigators were seen carrying a backpack out of the home that officials told FOX2 was filled with various IDs. Police, however, aren't sure yet if the bag may have been ditched by someone breaking into cars in the area, or if it could be connected to the woman's death.

"Man it's sad. I got kids, nieces and nephews around here they walk to school. It's not right," a neighbor named Tavie told the television station.

The first victim was found in a home in the 2000 block of Coventry Street on March 19. Craig said it was initially believed she died of an overdose but a medical examiner found she was killed from blunt force trauma. The second victim was discovered on May 24, according to FOX2.

The two initial victims were described as a white and black woman aged 52 and 53, according to Craig, who added authorities don't believe the killings are racially-motivated. He said there is no suspect or suspect vehicle at this time.

"Typically in these kind of cases, suspects are consistent in the manner in which they commit their crimes," he said.

Last edited:
This sounds like a Terry Blair or Jack the Ripper type of serial killer. Maybe he will start sending taunting clues to the police so nobody else can take credit for his work.

Anyone else surprised by the ages of the women? These weren't innocent young girls forced into the trade... These were... Well i don't even know. My brain would like to Disneyfy them into tough seasoned broads who knew their business, but in reality they were probably homeless addicts whose main clients were other homeless addicts ‍♀️

Back