• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
GettyImages-873428976.jpg

The city of Portland has banned urinals in its newly-renovated administrative building to "remove arbitrary barriers in our community," according to KGW-TV.

According to the report, Chief Administrative Officer Tom Rinehart sent an e-mail to employees in February informing them of the decision, writing, "we will continue to have gender-specific (male and female) multi-stall restrooms that are readily available to any employee that prefers to use one. But there will be no urinals in any restroom in the building."

The city is also designing men's restrooms to be gender-neutral, which means there will no longer be urinals in the men's restrooms either.

Full Story:

The city is also designing men's restrooms to be gender-neutral

I think that just about perfectly sums up this chapter in Portland's history.

But seriously, urinals exist to take advantage of normal male anatomy to fit more toilet fixtures in the same wall space. This means that the men's bathroom can be made smaller for the same throughput, allowing more space and more fixture's in the ladies' room, thus equalizing the lines between the two or eliminating them entirely.

Sure, some men can't use urinals, and transgenderism isn't the only reason by far, but conventional stalls would have to remain anyway, for obvious reasons. Most men, however, can use them, and taking advantage of that difference (you know, diversity) works to the advantage of everyone.

why can't there be toilets and urinals?

I used to work maintenance for the local tech school and in that capacity cleaned men and women's bathrooms, my biggest complaint about them was that the women's bathroom had 5 toilets and the men's bathroom had 5 toilets plus 5 urinals and the room was much bigger.. Even between classes there was rarely more than 3-4 guys in there but the women's room was always SRO. That to me is discrimination.

... I've seen some chicks desperate to piss, and I don't think they'd turn down a shot at trying it!

I'm one of them. A couple times over the years at the opera or theater where the line for the ladies bathroom at intermission is long, while the men's room is cleared out in under 10 minutes I have given in and used the Men's, because fuck it, intermission is about to end, these tickets were expensive, and I really, really have to pee. One time, about 8 other women followed me into the men's room.

I'm one of them. A couple times over the years at the opera or theater where the line for the ladies bathroom at intermission is long, while the men's room is cleared out in under 10 minutes I have given in and used the Men's, because fuck it, intermission is about to end, these tickets were expensive, and I really, really have to pee. One time, about 8 other women followed me into the men's room.
Yeah, I've pissed next to women at urinals at concerts. Same deal, the women's room has a line, and they're sick of waiting!

That's the craziest thing I've ever read. I thought they must have had co-ed restrooms which I thought was insane but I could support that change. Not the whole "co-ed" angle, but you know what I mean!

I can't even piss in urinals myself. No I'm not transgender, but I understand the confusion. Well not the confusion that comes with being transgendered, but you know what I mean! I just act like a whiny bitch sometimes. Whoa! Thats not what I meant!

"Say what you mean and mean what you say ya big dummy." Sorry just thinking out loud here.

My point was that sometimes when you're drunk you forget to point straight down and urine bounces off porcelain like it's made of rubber. Wind up wearing home a yellow wife beater without even noticing after the really long nights. Tank top? Is calling it a "wife beater" politically correct or not? I blame COPS! That show was a staple of my childhood. Those wife beaters staggering around in their tank tops all of the time.

But in actuality I'm claustrophobic. Some of these guys just stand beside you. Some of them even try and make small talk with you which totally kills my flow. Don't talk to strangers while they're trying to take a piss. It's poor etiquette. Wind up zipping up like Ben Stiller in There's Something About Mary just to get the hell out of there. Ouch.

Reminds me of that movie Harold And Kumar: "Is this your tree!!??? Do you own this tree!!!!??"

Always leave an empty urinal between a stranger when he's taking a piss! Otherwise you may as well be pissing on the same god damned tree!

Doctor says I'm easily triggered... Thanks a lot Portland!

Can't we just start building actual restrooms, with doors and walls that go all the way from floor to ceiling with privacy, so no one has to give a fuck about gendered bathrooms? It's absurd that we have to wait for a stall in one designated room, when there are free stalls in another.

Stop designing bathroom stalls like utter poons and we won't have any of these issues at all.

Can't we just start building actual restrooms, with doors and walls that go all the way from floor to ceiling with privacy, so no one has to give a fuck about gendered bathrooms? It's absurd that we have to wait for a stall in one designated room, when there are free stalls in another.

Stop designing bathroom stalls like utter poons and we won't have any of these issues at all.
No thanks, men would end up pissing on the wall
Women would have lines at every door

As long as we're talking about urinals.
Someone needs to start a movement to remove them from all portable toilets.
Those things are mounted face high right across from the toilet.
I dont know about other women, but, I dont sit on public toilets. I hover over the toilet, which requires one to lean forward.

Picture that.

Lean forward and your face is right by that plastic urinal.

Yeahhh.... I had a lot of icky porta potty encounters when we raced a sprint car.
I developed a ritual to keep it hygienic in a porta potty. I'm not fussy, but those things were awful.
Even at the opera or symphony, I saw how many people did not wash hands. Ick. Even in the office, I realized how unhygienic the women were. It's odd how inconsistent and unconcious people can be regarding toilet hygiene. Just wash yer damn hands. Seriously, before and after.

Back