• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/307392

2n9ffhe.jpg
15i7oy9.jpg

Porfirio Olivas-Lopez and Minerva Lopez

A town of Madison child whose parents were arrested last week for allegedly abusing her for several months had "very serious" injuries that could have been life-threatening without treatment, police said Wednesday.

Porfirio Olivas-Lopez, 38, and Minerva Lopez, 32, are tentatively charged with 75 counts of physical abuse of a child, strangulation, causing mental harm to a child, reckless child abuse and failure to act to prevent bodily harm to a child, according to town of Madison police.

Dane County District Attorney Brian Blanchard said formal charges are expected to be filed today. The couple are being held in the Dane County Jail.

Lt. Wayne Stolpa said a worker from Dane County's Joining Forces for Families program notified the Department of Human Services of the suspected abuse, which was then reported to police. Officers and detectives went to 2721 Pheasant Ridge Trail, No. 8, on Sept. 25, and the child was taken to a hospital for extensive injuries, Stolpa said.

Stolpa on Wednesday declined to provide additional details about the case, which is still under investigation.

According to court records, the couple have four children, who have been placed in the care of Human Services, police said.

At a hearing Tuesday, cash bail for Lopez was set at $25,000.

Olivas-Lopez also is being held on an immigration detainer.

Heh. I just posted a story on these two to the FP, but it hasn't been approved yet. I guess I forgot to copy it here to the forums, too. My bad.

Thanks, SoUncool!

Ack! I'll give you creds!!!

Thanks to Ruby who is working up this story for the Front Page but FORGOT to post it in the forums...shame on you Ruby...:tongue2:

Okay so it looks like that charges went down from 75 to 27.
They should have increased it IMHO.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/17611895/detail.html

TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. -- A town of Madison couple arrested on charges of repeated child abuse made their first court appearance on Thursday.

The parents are facing more than two dozen felony charges.

The couple are charged with 27 counts of intentionally causing physical harm to a child, WISC-TV reported.

The alleged abuse involves all five of their children, the youngest of whom is just 2 weeks old.

Minerva Lopez and Porfino Olivas appeared together in Dane County Court Thursday afternoon.

Madison police said a social worker went to the couple's home on Pheasant Ridge Trail and found evidence of serious child abuse -- including a frail, and likely malnourished, child in the closet, WISC-TV reported.

Another child was covered from head to toe with open wounds and bruises, with broken fingers and a broken right kneecap, police said.

All five of the children, ranging in age from two weeks to 14 years old, appeared severely malnourished, police said.

The alleged abuse first came to light when one of the children showed up at school with bruises on her face.

School officials then alerted Dane County Social Services.

The couple are being held in the Dane County Jail on $40,000 cash bond.

They are forbidden from having any contact with the five children; all of them are in protective custody.

I have my nail gun ready... should i bring something for the kids to use?

http://www.madison.com/tct/opinion/editstaging/307593

Parents admit to abusing child: 'I just used whatever I had,' mom says

ifo75w.jpg

The parents accused of badly beating their 14-year-old daughter with items ranging from broomsticks to belts to a frying pan were each charged today with multiple counts of intentionally causing bodily harm through child abuse.

Cash bail was set at $32,000 for Minerva Lopez, 32, who recently gave birth to the couple's fifth child, and at $22,000 for her husband, Porfirio Olivas Lopez, 38. Minerva was charged with 16 counts of child abuse while Porfirio was charged with 11. The incidents, which resulted in serious injuries to the child, occurred between April 1 and Sept. 25, when they were discovered by police.

Although schools and social service agencies were involved before police were notified, the girl kept telling authorities her injuries were self-inflicted or accidental, blunting any chance social service agencies had of getting her out of the home, the criminal complaint against the parents says.

Both parents eventually confessed to causing some harm to the child, according to the complaint.

But when town of Madison police were sent to the home on Sept. 25, it became apparent the girl had been the victim of crimes, the complaint says.

Town of Madison detective Rob Hale is quoted in the complaint as saying as soon as he saw the 14-year-old victim, "he immediately identified her as a victim of horrendous crime inasmuch as she was virtually covered from head to toe with bruises with various bloody wounds to the top scalp of her head, an open gash to her right cheek, various generations of bruises ranging in color from purple to green to yellow, and injuries that were consistent with what he later found were breaks in her right hand and a broken right kneecap."

Hale also described the girl as emaciated.

Noted child abuse expert Dr. Barbara Knox of the University of Wisconsin Children's Hospital examined the various injuries to the girl, and said she would need surgical treatment for the broken kneecap.

Knox "indicated that (the victim) is potentially going to be suffering from life-long disabilities due to injuries sustained from the abuse, including but not limited to scarring resulting in permanent disfigurement and injuries leading to limb immobility," the complaint says.

In statements to detectives, Minerva admitted to abusing her daughter by punching, kicking, hitting with a belt, hitting with objects such as a frying pan, cutting her with a knife, strangling her and pouring hot water over her. "I used just whatever I had," she said. "I would never stop to think about the consequences."

Porfirio also admitted to beating his daughter, but on fewer occasions. He also admitted to twisting her arm backwards, punching her in the stomach and said he "used a belt a few times on her."

No real reason was given for the constant abuse, except that the parents portrayed the 14-year-old as being loud. It appeared they were concerned there were warrants out for Porfirio's arrest, and they feared the consequences of police being sent to their Pheasant Ridge Trail apartment. Porfirio was convicted of drunken driving earlier this year and a warrant was issued for his arrest when he failed to show up to serve his 100-day jail sentence.

Since his arrest on the child abuse charge, he has also been charged with failing to show up at the jail and is now the subject of a federal immigration hold, meaning immigration authorities are likely to seek his deportation to his native Mexico when his legal problems are over.

Minerva is quoted in the complaint as saying she wanted to move back to Mexico after their fifth child was born because she knew law enforcement was looking for Porfirio, and she did not want him arrested.

WHAT THE F-U-C-K???? She didn't want this prick so much as arrested but she has no problems with torturing and killing her children a little at a time? ENVY....get out the NAIL gun now!!! I got my soldering gun and welding equipment. We gotta go get us some REALLY sick worthless fucks!:five:

WHAT THE F-U-C-K???? She didn't want this prick so much as arrested but she has no problems with torturing and killing her children a little at a time? ENVY....get out the NAIL gun now!!! I got my soldering gun and welding equipment. We gotta go get us some REALLY sick worthless fucks!:five:

When i read this my jaw dropped... 75 counts? but dropped to 26? makes no sense, but Crickett, i am with you! *picks up nail gun and lines up the site* up close or far away? i'm good with both.

I agree with you on this one. They need to suffer just as bad as the children did. However, I would be happy to see his penis and nuts nailed to a wall and her welded shut.

Father denies forcing daughter to eat cockroaches~

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009...-daughter-eat-cockroaches/UPI-81681259900122/

MADISON, Wis., Dec. 3 (UPI) -- A Wisconsin man admitted Thursday he sometimes disciplined his teenage daughter with a belt but denied he starved her or forced her to eat cockroaches.

Porfirio Olivas, 39, of Madison said he used the belt on his daughter's buttocks when she lied and talked back to him, the Wisconsin State Journal reported. He faces 23 counts of child abuse and one count of sexually assaulting a child.

The daughter, now 15, testified Wednesday that her parents starved her and her father forced her to eat cockroaches and a spider. She said he once ordered her to eat a dead mouse, and she pretended to while actually hiding it.

^^that is disgusting, forcing her to eat cockroaches.

These monsters deserve to suffer, and I hope they lock them up and throw away the key.

Sadly they will more then likely only end up being deported back to mexico. I hope these children are american citizens and get to stay here and never see these two bastards again.

The daughter, now 15, testified Wednesday that her parents starved her and her father forced her to eat cockroaches and a spider. She said he once ordered her to eat a dead mouse, and she pretended to while actually hiding it.

Kill both the mother fuckers, just for making her eat a roach. OMFG.

2ekhlk8.gif

A former town of Madison man who, with his wife, abused and tortured the couple's teenage daughter was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in prison.

Dane County Circuit Judge Stephen Ehlke said the abuse by Porfirio Olivas, 39, and his wife, Minerva Lopez, 34, "was just about the worst thing that can happen to a child."
[...]

A jury found Olivas guilty in December of 21 counts of child abuse, finding he had kicked, punched, strangled and struck his daughter with a metal tube between April and September 2008. He was also convicted of breaking the leg of his 3-year-old son in 2007.

"This is an absolutely horrific case of child torture," said Assistant District Attorney Corey Stephan, who asked that Olivas spend 25 years in prison.

As he did at his trial, Olivas continued to blame his wife, said he had caused few if any of his daughter's injuries and was unaware of their extent.

"I would never allow this to happen," he said.

Ehlke dismissed as "outrageous" Olivas' request that he be sentenced simply to the time that he has already served in the Dane County Jail since his arrest.

Olivas will also spend 37 years on extended supervision after prison sentence, although it's likely he will be deported to Mexico when he is released.

Lopez, who pleaded no contest to six counts of child abuse, will be sentenced April 6.

The couple's five children are all with foster parents, and Olivas' sentence bars him from having any contact with them.
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news...cle_197f9374-334b-11df-9cbc-001cc4c03286.html

Judge denies Wis. woman's attempt to withdraw plea
TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A Dane County judge says a town of Madison woman cannot withdraw the no-contest pleas that led to her conviction on six counts of child abuse.

Judge Nicholas McNamara says 34-year-old Minerva Lopez entered the pleas knowingly and voluntarily in November.
[...]
The criminal complaint says Lopez beat her 14-year-old daughter with a broomstick, a metal rod, a frying pan and other objects. Prosecutors say Lopez admitted scalding the girl with hot water, choking her, cutting her wrist and biting her face.

A message left for Lopez's defense attorney was not immediately returned.

The girl's father was convicted of related charges and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

The couple's five children are with foster parents.
http://www.wkbt.com/global/story.asp?s=12508502

Woman is sentenced to 20 years in abuse of her daughter
A former town of Madison woman who admitted to the constant abuse of her teenage daughter was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years in prison and barred from seeing any of her five children.

Minerva Lopez, 34, wept as she told Circuit Judge Nicholas McNamara that she prayed to be with her children again, and other supporters said that despite the abuse, Lopez would grow to become a good mother.

But McNamara said her supporters should take comfort in other miracles, like the survival of the 14-year-old girl after what prosecutors called torture at the hands of her parents.
The abuse occurred between April and September 2008. When police found the girl in a closet at the family's apartment on Sept. 25, 2008, she was weak, emaciated and bruised from head to toe. One social worker said she at first thought the girl was dead.

The girl had broken bones in one of her hands, a broken kneecap and gashes to her head.

"The abuse was persistent, it was sadistic and it nearly killed (the girl)," Assistant District Attorney Lanny Ginberg said.

Lopez admitted to police after her arrest that she beat the girl with a frying pan, a broomstick and a metal rod from a drawer and stabbed her with a knife, among other acts.Her husband, Porfirio Olivas, received a 20-year prison sentence after a trial in which Lopez testified. Lopez later tried to withdraw her no contest pleas to six counts of child abuse, claiming her lawyer forced her to take a plea deal. McNamara found at a recent hearing that her pleas were voluntarily.

Lopez tearfully told McNamara that she was sorry for what she did, but said her husband abused her constantly and she did not know how to manage it, and instead took it out on an innocent child.

"I pray every day to have an opportunity to change and be with my children that I still love," she said.
[...]
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_d4da56de-6dd6-11df-a94c-001cc4c03286.html

Lopez tearfully told McNamara that she was sorry for what she did, but said her husband abused her constantly and she did not know how to manage it, and instead took it out on an innocent child.

"I pray every day to have an opportunity to change and be with my children that I still love," she said.

Awww, too bad. You should never see them again. I hope you get deported when you get out, too! (I didn't see anything that said definitively that she was not a citizen, but I'm hoping. . . .)

GOD DAMN!!! What is wrong with these people!! Do they intentionally get impregnated so that they can spawn for the mere purpose of taking their lives frustrations out on their kids??

What... what... what!!! I hope you never see any of your children ever again, you dont deserve them and you most likely never did and never will..... Rot in Prison Bitch!!!

Your kids will be able to sleep tonight. No more burning, bashing, beating, cutting, screaming, starving parents in their lives. They will be well fed, (not cockroaches) nourished, and safe. As for you two.... I can see a lot of those 'ol roaches in you're future. Minerva Lopez, I hope someone finds out what you did to you're kids, and leaks it out to the rest of the women. You my be surprised at how callous they can be while simultaneously loving their children.

Guys I know this is years later but I seen this family at my church about two times before all this happened and i remember mentioning to my parents how skinny she was and wondering why she was so shy. I was her age at that time. I wish I could’ve befriended her. They never returned to my church and then this happens a few months later.

Back