• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
According to police, the incident happened on Friday, May 10 when a brown and white pit bull reportedly attacked children who were waiting at a bus stop area near the Heather Lane Apartments in the Kaufman County city. When police and animal control arrived, the found eight victims from the attack.

Police say some of the children were hospitalized but the injuries were minor.

The dog and its owner were not found at the scene of the attack and are still being sought by police. Pictures of the dog were released on the department’s Facebook page so that the public could be on the lookout.
full

[....]
“It is very imperative that this animal be located so it can be quarantined and monitored for rabies by Animal Control Officers along with the process of proceeding with the necessary legal hearings regarding this Dangerous Dog incident as required by State Law,” police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 469.474.2700.

Post automatically merged:

[....]
According to police, investigators held off on releasing information on the attack to allow space to conduct the investigation. The location of the dog and its owner remains unknown.

"It came up to me and just bit me on the leg, yeah it was scary," 3rd grader Jayla Wilson, who was among those bitten said.

Terrell Police said when they arrived the dog was gone. According to police, the ages of the children attacked ranges from five to 11.

A surveillance camera at the Heather Lane Apartments caught the attack on video and according to police a bus driver helped to fight the dog off.

"He stopped, got out to help, tried to get the dog off one of the kids I believe one of the kids was drug by this dog," Corporal Zach Boyd with the Terrell Police Department.
[....]

Good news video at this link.

Last edited:
I think in cases like this the hospital should start taking DNA samples from the bites so the dog can be positively identified. Not only so the dog can be put down. So each and every one of these children can sue the owner and so the owner can face criminal charges.

Just pictures isn't enough. I've seen dogs/horses/ cats that look exactly like another one.

I am sure that many will think this is an unfair position-

Pit bull (other breeds too) owners should have to have insurance in order to own the dog.

They should have to obtain a license for the animal that costs more.

They should have to provide documentation that shows the dog went for training.

If they fail to have the required documentation the dog should be seized and evaluated to see if it can be re-homed.

If your dog attacks someone you should not allowed to own another one.

Terrell police arrest owner of dog that attacked 8 children at bus stop

Terrell police have arrested the owner of a dog that attacked eight children at a bus stop earlier this month.

The incident took place around 7:45 a.m. on May 10, when a brown and white pit bull began attacking children near the entrance to Heather Lane Apartments. Some of the children were hospitalized, while others suffered only minor injuries.

Police said they determined Friday that the dog's owner was Kathy Fuller, whom they arrested on an unrelated charge.

Back