• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Police in Upper Darby are looking for the parents of an abandoned newborn baby. Police tweeted that an hours-old newborn was left alone on the 100 block of Englewood Road.

That baby is safe after police say a resident found the baby girl wrapped in a blanket on a neighbor’s porch around 1 p.m. Tuesday.

“Once I came out and saw the white towel, I didn’t pay it no mind. But once I saw a little arm, I thought it was some sort of animal or something,” said Terrell Phillips.

Once he realized it was an infant, he contacted the owner of the home where the baby was found.

“I said it’s not my baby, I don’t know anything about this baby. So I just called the cops,” Thomas Daley said.

It was 93 degrees when the baby was found."

DD1i.jpg

Authorities say a juvenile female has been identified as the mother of an hours-old newborn found abandoned on the porch of a home in a Philadelphia suburb.

Upper Darby police say the mother “was offered help and charges are pending.”

The baby girl was wrapped in a blanket when she was discovered on Tuesday afternoon, when temperatures were in the mid-90s. After police tweeted a photo of the baby and asked for help locating the parents, they reported being swamped with calls from people asking how to adopt the child.

After police tweeted a photo of the baby and asked for help locating the parents, they reported being swamped with calls from people asking how to adopt the child.

Please, please let that be the outcome. Let the baby go to parents that WANT her, now, right away. Not a forced reconciliation with a teen slut who abandoned her, or years in foster care while they try and reunite them.

A 15-year-old has been identified as the mother who abandoned her newborn baby girl on a porch in Upper Darby. The teen told police she was scared and didn’t know what to do.

The newborn’s 15-year-old mother will now face child endangerment charges. Police said the girl turned herself in Friday afternoon.

She told investigators she gave birth to the child in her bathroom Monday evening, wrapped the baby in a blanked and walked it down the street and placed it on the porch.

Police say the girl’s parents didn’t know she was pregnant.

Renata Cobbs-Fletcher, president and CEO of Northern Children’s Services, said
if more people knew about the resources they and other groups offer, cases like these can be prevented.

“We as a community need to do a better job of getting the word out. There’s lots of resources, lots of providers such as Northern Children’s Services that are here to accept young mothers, pregnant or parenting,” Cobbs-Fletcher said.

Cobbs-Fletcher says the Department of Human Services has plenty of programs available for young mothers who think there’s nowhere for them to go.

Back