• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The family of a missing Grand Prairie woman is concerned after she and her common-law husband disappeared.

Hours after they were reported missing on Tuesday, police pinged 26-year-old's Weltzin Garcia's phone. It took them to White Rock Lake, where they found 28-year-old Alfonso Hernandez's car.
[....]
Both Garcia and Hernandez were reported missing early Tuesday morning in Grand Prairie. A recent violent incident between the couple has family members fearing the worst.

“The domestic violence,” said Ailed Garza, Garcia’s cousin. “The restraining order she had.”

“I know that an assault did occur,” said Grand Prairie officer Mark Beseda. “She did prosecute, and we do have a warrant for his arrest.”

Police confirm Hernandez sent strange text messages to some of his family members early Tuesday morning that raised concerns.

Just hours after the couple was reported missing, Dallas police located Hernandez’s 2006 Honda Accord in a parking lot on the west side of White Rock Lake. Family members say it’s a place neither would be familiar with.

Garcia’s mother, Bania Mireles, says her daughter was so afraid of Hernandez that a cousin moved in with her and the two young children the couple had together. But despite the restraining order, Garcia’s family says Hernandez was at the home several times before the couple disappeared.

“He knows he has problems. He already knows what happened,” Mireles said. “My daughter never, never leaves alone my grandkids.”

Garcia’s family members from as far away as Monterey, Mexico, went to White Rock Lake offering prayers and support.

The couple’s children, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy, are safe and being cared for by family.

Anyone with information about this missing couple is asked to call police at 972-988-8477 or submit a tip at GPCrimeStoppers.org.

this is sad, murder suicide,, hope they are found soon

Oh wow ... there was a restraining order and she let him in the house anyway ?

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for her ... like if you're going to scream for the cops and

take it to court ... then do that. Otherwise you're just hanging the courts over someones

head and guess what ... people resent that. Playing the I love you ... you hurt me ... do what I

say or JAIL ... game will get you dead sometimes ... like now.

[....]
Mounted police and K-9 units also joined the search.

Garcia’s twin sister told CBS 11 News there was a domestic dispute where Hernandez allegedly hit Garcia a few weeks ago, leading to a restraining order against him. According to police, the department had issued an arrest warrant to Hernandez for an alleged assault just days before the couple vanished.
[....]
The search was focused on a wooded area near the lake where officers and a K-9 unit investigated. Police re-visited the area Thursday.
[....]
Adding to the family’s distress, Atziry said Hernandez sent his family a “goodbye” text on Tuesday.

Oh wow ... there was a restraining order and she let him in the house anyway ?

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for her ... like if you're going to scream for the cops and

take it to court ... then do that. Otherwise you're just hanging the courts over someones

head and guess what ... people resent that. Playing the I love you ... you hurt me ... do what I

say or JAIL ... game will get you dead sometimes ... like now.
If he was crazy like my ex was... I didn't really have a choice but to let him in. He didn't give a fuck about no piece of paper telling him to stay away. Especially with kids sitting right there.

Damn, I remember when Grand Prairie was a quaint little town, with not much happening except the enormous Trader's Village Flea Market and occasional concerts, rodeos, and pow-wows there on the weekends.
I had my first job there at 14 in the food service/kitchen department of the flea market, and the worst things to happen in Grand Prairie throughout my Jr. and Sr. high school years would be occasional fights breaking out between the "ropers" and the "freaks (hippies)" in their high school's parking lots.
:(

I haven't been to Trader's Village since my son grew up. The knife shop was always the first place we visited when we went there.

That place was so damn big, they even had a small used car dealership renting lot space each weekend.:cool:
I learned to draw a perfect draft beer there when I was only 15, the little old man who was my supervisor would check to make sure the big bosses were out of sight if a beer order came up to the line, and he'd just gimme a nod to go ahead and make the draft and serve it to the customers.
Good times!
;)

Yes, the good old days, eh.

Yeah, it was the late '70's/early '80's, and seems like a such simpler time looking back when compared to nowadays. :banghead:

HIV wasn't yet known, genital Herpes wasn't rampant so neither were publicly informed/acknowledged, no crack on the streets yet, what meth was out on the streets was pharmaceutical grade and not something most teens could get their hands on, and the biggest worry about weed was it being sprayed with Paraquat by the government.
In all of my high school years, we had only one student busted for cocaine possession/distribution, and he was arrested four days after I had bought a Gibson SG bass guitar from him (thankful I'd asked & gotten a sales receipt) for $400.00 - I always wondered if he used that money for his drug buys, but it wasn't my problem, nor my fault, as I'm sure he'd have gotten the money/drugs somehow whether I'd bought his guitar or not.

we had only one student busted for cocaine possession/distribution, and he was arrested four days after I had bought a Gibson SG bass guitar from him (thankful I'd asked & gotten a sales receipt) for $400.00 - I always wondered if he used that money for his drug buys, but it wasn't my problem, nor my fault, as I'm sure he'd have gotten the money/drugs somehow whether I'd bought his guitar or not.

I frequently will give money to panhandlers on the street but only if they look like they are actively using. I like to fantasize that the dollar throw their way is the last dime they need to purchase the hit that they OD and die from.

DALLAS - Authorities confirm the body found in Mountain Creek Lake last week has been identified as the missing Grand Prairie mother.
[....]
Last Wednesday, Dallas Fire-Rescue says a 911 caller found a body in the lake as they were kayaking. The body was identified on Monday as Garcia.

Donna Vaught and a group of women in her neighborhood formed the Lakewood Ladies. They met with Garcia’s twin sister, Atziry Mireles, to offer support and collected more than a thousand dollars to support the family while Garcia was missing.

Vaught says none of the Lakewood Ladies have heard from her twin sister since the news broke.

“I’m assuming that we’ll hear from her when the time is right,” Vaught said. “Right now, our focus is going to be helping them with service arrangements if they need that.”

There's still no word from police or the medical examiner about how Hernandez or Garcia died.

Vaught says her focus is on the couple’s 3-year-old and 6-year-old. They are now with Garcia’s twin sister.

“They’re going to need a lot of therapy,” she said. “They’re going to need a lot of counseling, and they’re going to need a lot of support.”
http://www.fox4news.com/news/missing-grand-prairie-mothers-body-found-in-mountain-creek-lake

Restraining order = challenge

[....]
Garcia's family met with detectives at the Grand Prairie Police Department Thursday.

Dallas police have also been involved in the investigation, and Garcia's sister said it is those investigators who shared with them some disturbing findings.

“Right now, it's so hard to look at [Mountain Creek Lake]. I go by that lake every day. It's just hard, you know, that she was dumped in that lake like nothing,” Atziry Garcia, Weltzin’s twin sister, said.

Atziry is still processing that her twin sister is gone and still processing the news she got this week from Dallas detectives.
[....]
Garcia’s family said Dallas police visited the home where Weltzin Garcia and Afonso Hernandez lived. They were told that investigators found blood, and authorities now believe Weltzin was struck in the face and strangled.

“They say that they found blood in my sister's bedroom. The walls and the floor and the bed,” Atziry said. “It's hard to know now that she was killed there. I mean, I slept in that room right after she went missing.”

It's a disturbing conclusion to an ordeal that began as a missing person's case, with family hopeful both were alive.
[....]
Grand Prairie police are now saying that Hernandez' cause of death was by drowning.

Dallas homicide detectives picked up Weltzin's case after officials discovered her body at Mountain Creek Lake, but have now turned the investigation back over to Grand Prairie.

Meanwhile, Atziry now has custody of the couple's two kids, ages 3 and 6. She fears the day she'll explain to them what happened.

“She's my twin sister and it's harder to explain what happened to them. I don't have the words. How could I explain it to them,” Garcia said.

Garcia's family were critical of Grand Prairie police's handling of the case, and wish they would have learned more from them sooner, specifically about evidence involving blood found in the house.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/family-told-details-about-how-missing-grand-prairie-mother-died

Back