• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to Keep.

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Police-officer-shot-in-downtown-Davis-suspect-13525495.php
A police officer responding to a three-car crash in downtown Davis was shot — and died — on Thursday night, prompting a large-scale manhunt for the gunman that ended hours later when he was found dead inside a home, officials said.

Paramedics rushed the officer to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. Lt. Paul Doroshov, a public information officer with Davis Police Department, had initially described her condition as critical. Later, police announced that the officer, Natalie Corona, 22, died from her wounds.

A manhunt that involved several police agencies from Sacramento, Yolo and Solano counties ended early Friday morning when police found the suspect dead from what they said was an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. They said he was found inside a home at 5th and E streets. His name was not released.

I live in Davis.

I was dropping my daughter off at her dance studio around 7:30 and there were sirens and emergency vehicles everywhere. Figured there was an accident or fire or something. Real crime rarely happens in my quiet college town so I wasn't concerned.

As soon as I dropped her off I got a call there was an active shooter loose downtown and an officer down. I called her and tried to go back for her but the street was blocked. Cops from local jurisdictions were flooding in to help with the search. My kid said they locked the studio and turned off the lights and were safe.

I wasn't too worried, the shooting wasn't too close (1/2 mile) but of course as a parent you worry. At this point there wasn't much info, officer down and residents should stay in place and lock doors.

I was able to get my kid at 9. She said her friend's brother was Davis PD and said the officer was killed. No news outlets were reporting this. I stayed up a bit late watching the news and what appeared to be a standoff. At 2am I got a text that the shooter was dead from a self inflicted gunshot in a house near the crime scene. Don't know if he lived there are broke in there after.

It was originally reported the shooter was involved in an car accident and shot the officer responding but this morning I heard the shooter just walked up to the accident scene and opened fire, no one knows why (sounds like an ambush?). Shooter has not been id'd; mid 20's white dude wearing ballcap, jeans and tactical boots (wtf).

The young officer had just started on the job and is the first Davis PD who died in the line of duty since 1959 :cry: Sad and senseless night.

RIP
Post automatically merged:

Listening to the press conference, it is tough to take. The guy rode up on a bicycle at the car accident scene and then was seen lurking in the shadows. He then shot the officer who is standing by the cars. After she went down he walked up and unloaded a magazine in her. He then reloaded and shot at the firefighters hitting one in the boot and hitting a student in her backpack thankfully a textbook stopped the bullet.

He lived in the house where they found him, he went home and his roommate said he was acting normal and he sat outside watching the police cars roll up. They have not released his name yet, zero word on motive. Sounds like a flat our cold blooded murder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna958071

The typed letter, released by police Saturday, says, "The Davis Police department has been hitting me with ultra sonic waves meant to keep dogs from barking." He went on to say that he notified the press, internal affairs and the FBI about it.

"I am highly sensitive to its affect on my inner ear. I did my best to appease them, but they have continued for years and I can't live this way anymore," the letter reads. It is not signed, but typed at the bottom is "Citizen Kevin Limbaugh."

I wonder what that was like for the people involved in the accident. Like first of all you just had an accident ... that is a day wrecker right there and then when the police show up some loon bag walks up and shoots her in front of you !!! Accckkkkk! Like wow ... !!!

Rest in Peace Officer Corona.

The typed letter, released by police Saturday, says, "The Davis Police department has been hitting me with ultra sonic waves meant to keep dogs from barking." He went on to say that he notified the press, internal affairs and the FBI about it.

"I am highly sensitive to its affect on my inner ear. I did my best to appease them, but they have continued for years and I can't live this way anymore," the letter reads. It is not signed, but typed at the bottom is "Citizen Kevin Limbaugh."

Grade A nutbag. It was not only the dogs that were barking ......

Dear Lord. This is so incredibly sad. Two weeks. I'm sending love and healing to her loved ones. This world has gone insane.

Back