• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Columbus couple is arrested after police say the pair left an 11-month-old boy home alone while living in squalor.

The two suspects are both accused of child neglect.

Officers arrived at a Columbus home for a welfare check around 11:15 p.m. to check the welfare of an 11-month old child.

Officers immediately recognized a problem before stepping through the front door.

“Even standing outside the home the odor of animal feces was overpowering is the word the officers used,” said Columbus police Lt. Matt Harris.

Police say Bradley Longworth returned home several minutes after police arrived and initially denied his child had been left alone, but officers arrested Longworth along with the child’s mother Sarah Coe after police found the 11-month-old boy alone in a bug infested crib with dirty laundry and trash piled several feet high.

“The conditions inside that home were not suitable for animals, let alone adults or children or anybody,” said Harris.

“It’s just awful because he’s 11-months-old and can’t care for himself. He doesn’t know how to do anything,” said Jowers.

Columbus police confirm they had been called to check on the child earlier this year, although no criminal charges were filed at that time.

Officials with the DCS wouldn’t talk about any specific prior investigations, but neighbors say they had seen child care workers at the home in recent months. Unfortunately, the baby boy still routinely appeared to be neglected.

“He didn’t look like he’d been bathed in months. He was always sweating and always had a full diaper and no clothes on,” said Jowers.
1568061403028.png

I don’t get it. Really.

Every so often, my disposal will give off a funk and it bugs me until I glove up and scrub that bitch down. For real, I will get up in the middle of the night to investigate an unpleasant odor in my house. (Aside from Mr. Knot’s nocturnal toots; I am aware of the source).

How do people live with stench, vermin and filth?

I don’t get it. Really.

Every so often, my disposal will give off a funk and it bugs me until I glove up and scrub that bitch down. For real, I will get up in the middle of the night to investigate an unpleasant odor in my house. (Aside from Mr. Knot’s nocturnal toots; I am aware of the source).

How do people live with stench, vermin and filth?
Obviously they couldn't.
the pair left an 11-month-old boy home alone while living in squalor.

Back