• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Big Brother.......

A man has been fined after refusing to be scanned by controversial facial recognition cameras being trialled by the Metropolitan Police.

The force had put out a statement saying “anyone who declines to be scanned will not necessarily be viewed as suspicious”. However, witnesses said several people were stopped after covering their faces or pulling up hoods.

Campaign group Big Brother Watch said one man had seen placards warning members of the public that automatic facial recognition cameras were filming them from a parked police van.

“He simply pulled up the top of his jumper over the bottom of his face, put his head down and walked past,” said director Silkie Carlo.

“There was nothing suspicious about him at all … you have the right to avoid [the cameras], you have the right to cover your face. I think he was exercising his rights.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/facial-recognition-cameras-technology-london-trial-met-police-face-cover-man-fined-a8756936.html

I never worry about cameras. Mind you I am white and law abiding so there is that. Certainly though I do understand people's reluctance to have big brother watching them. The reality is facial recognition and cameras do have a purpose and benefit Society. The trouble is who watches the Watchmen.

The force had put out a statement saying “anyone who declines to be scanned will not necessarily be viewed as suspicious”. However, witnesses said several people were stopped after covering their faces or pulling up hoods.

Therein lies the problem with that one word "necessarily". With that in there it leaves things to officer's discretion. Either you have the right to avoid the cameras or you don't. Which is it?

I never worry about cameras. Mind you I am white and law abiding so there is that. Certainly though I do understand people's reluctance to have big brother watching them. The reality is facial recognition and cameras do have a purpose and benefit Society. The trouble is who watches the Watchmen.
WTF being white have anything to do with this thread or for that matter being law abiding

WTF being white have anything to do with this thread or for that matter being law abiding
Well "wtf" it has to do is this.
Being white I don't have to worry about being racially profiled for starters.
As for being law abiding that coincides with not doing things that could draw attention to me from LE. So it really cuts down the odds of being singled out for misdeeds on cam.

Any other ragey questions you need sorted out?

Well "wtf" it has to do is this.
Being white I don't have to worry about being racially profiled for starters.
As for being law abiding that coincides with not doing things that could draw attention to me from LE. So it really cuts down the odds of being singled out for misdeeds on cam.

Any other ragey questions you need sorted out?
He wasn’t racially profiled and he was law abiding
So again what was your point
Sounds like you have some serious issues with being white

He wasn’t racially profiled and he was law abiding
So again what was your point
Sounds like you have some serious issues with being white
Try again.
Perhaps a remedial reading comprehension program would be beneficial to you.

Never did I mention the guy. I spoke about myself and my experience as pertaining to me.
Also why would I have issues being white?
That is like being upset I don't have wings or four legs.
One is as they are, no more. No less.

Try again.
Perhaps a remedial reading comprehension program would be beneficial to you.

Never did I mention the guy. I spoke about myself and my experience as pertaining to me.
Also why would I have issues being white?
That is like being upset I don't have wings or four legs.
One is as they are, no more. No less.
Whatever, work it anyway makes you feel comfortable
My comprehension is just fine, I’m not the one with the issues ;) I think that pile of crap you left me says it all:yawn:

Last edited:
Back