• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Brooklyn man was arraigned this morning on a murder charge after police performing a welfare check discovered the decomposed body of his mother, who had been stabbed to death and set on fire.

NYPD officers were summoned by the victim’s colleagues to her apartment just before 3pm on Wednesday, after the woman failed to show up for work that morning.

The woman's son, 32-year-old Jason Reeves, met the officers at the door of the unit.

When asked about his mother's whereabouts, Reeves reportedly replied that she 'went out,' reported NBC New York.

But police smelled a foul odor coming from inside the unit and executed a search, which led them to Reeves' 67-year-old mother inside a bedroom closet. The woman was dead from multiple stab wounds to the chest and face.

Her partially clothed body had been torched and then left to rot, according to police. It is believed the woman had been dead for several days.

Reeves was then arrested on a charge of second-degree murder.

Last edited:

A neighbor said the mother had feared for her safety. “I don’t know what to do anymore,” the neighbor quoted the mother as saying. “I think that boy’s going to kill me.”

Residents said the victim was originally from Jamaica, and described her as a devout churchgoer and devoted mother. One neighbor, Asia Djones, 59, said the woman’s son struggled with drugs. Others said he suffered from mental illness.

“The only thing she ever asked me [about him] is if I could help find the people that were selling him drugs because she didn’t want him doing them,” Djones said.“She just threw it out there to whoever was in the vestibule, ‘Please don’t sell my son drugs.’ ”

Another neighbor, Jacqueline Npaye, called the mother “a beautiful person.” But she said the son was a menace in the building.

“He was always around here starting stuff with people,” Npaye said. “He was a real mental case. He would follow people around, trying to touch them, their kids. He would grab peoples’ pocketbooks, their phones, and then run to his mom’s house.”

REEVES, JASON​

Crime​

Class​

MURDER 2ND​

A1​

Aggregate Minimum Sentence​

18 Years, 0 Months, 0 Days

Aggregate Maximum Sentence​

LIFE

Earliest Release Date​

12/09/2036

Back