• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Kai The 'Hatchet-Wielding-Hitchhiker' Wanted In New Jersey Murder

2150m4x.jpg
Internet celebrity wanted in connection with murder Monday in New Jersey​
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey -

Authorities investigating the killing of a New Jersey lawyer have issued a murder warrant for an internet celebrity known as "Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker," a nickname he got because used a hatchet to subdue a man who ran over a California utility worker.

Union County officials say the suspect, also known as Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, 24, who has appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," was last seen at a rail station in the Haddonfield, N.J. area and may have cut his hair to try to change his appearance.

Officials believe he killed Joseph Galfy, who was found in his Clark, N.J. home on Monday, dead of blunt force trauma.
Authorities said McGillvary pondered on his Facebook page Tuesday the idea of waking up in a stranger's house with a groggy head and injuries, and the realization of being drugged and raped. "What would you do?" he wrote, according to officials.

McGillvary gained notoriety earlier this year when he was hitchhiking with a man who allegedly attempted to run over a utility worker.

According to the Fresno Bee, McGillvary pulled a hatchet out of his backpack and struck the driver in the head after the dispute,
[....]
McGillvary describes himself as "homefree," rather than "homeless," and said on Kimmel that he steals from Wal-Mart, Target and Safeway and gives away the loot.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rder/-/1719418/20179492/-/bmmhuo/-/index.html

from his FB the day the old man was found murdered

From his FB the day the old man was found dead
what would you do if you woke up with a groggy head
metallic taste in your mouth
in a strangers house
walked to the mirror and saw come dripping from side of your mouth
and started wretching realizing you have bee drugged and raped
and somebody had blown their load in you?

from his FB the day the old man was found murdered

From his FB the day the old man was found dead

Pfffft; way too sanitized version for this joint!!

He had a few more sentiments in his actual post:

(Profile) https://www.facebook.com/yodhehwawheh?fref=ts

Actual Quote:

Caleb Kai Lawrence Yodhehwawheh
Tuesday
what would you do if you woke up with a groggy head, metallic taste in your mouth, in a strangers house... walked to the mirror and seen come dripping from the side of your face from your mouth, and started wretching, realizing that someone had drugged, raped, and blown their fuckin load in you? what would you do?

I actually wanted to gag just reading his post.

.......First memories: I was in a crib and "family" was fussin over me, but I kept getting told that I "had a demon". I would wake up screaming from night terrors and "family" would get sexual with me, then blame me for being all wound up. I was told by a woman self-declared "mother" that the woman self-declared "grandma" touched me as a baby and imparted a "demon" into me. events later in life caused me to think it's the other way around. I've already been thrown away by them, they refuse to talk to me about when I was a child, saying that "guilt, shame and blame have no place in [their] life, because jesus forgives [them]" I would get locked in a room for 20 hours a day with a little port-a-potty camp toilet in the corner of the room and when I'd make any noise at all I'd get hit with little broom handles and wooden spoons, then after that my mouth was filled with hot pepper and soap for yelling "fuck you" at the top of my lungs from the little cage I was kept in (the beatings didn't silence me).....

https://www.facebook.com/notes/caleb-kai-lawrence-yodhehwawheh/some-fill-in/171882509642616

PHILADELPHIA, PA – Police have arrested the Internet ‘celebrity’ known as “Kai the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker” and have charged him with the murder of a New Jersey lawyer.
Kai, better known to his friends and relatives as 24-year-old Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, was tagged with the less-than catchy nickname after he used a hatchet to subdue a man who tried to run over a California utility worker in February.
A rambling, profanity-laced interview with the local media went viral, sparking his rise to low-level internet stardom that included appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Authorities believe McGillvary killed 73-year-old Joseph Galfy after after the two met in Times Square Saturday night. Prosecutors allege Galfy brought McGillvary back to his house in Clark, NJ, for a sexual encounter.
On Monday, Galfy’s body was found by police conducting a well-being check. Galfy was discovered wearing only his socks and underwear. An autopsy later determined the cause of death to be blunt force trauma.
McGillvary posted on Facebook Tuesday, presenting the idea of waking up in a stranger’s house, groggy and having been raped in the mouth.…

This article was written by Agony In Black for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

The video that made him famous:

On the viral YouTube video that propelled him to a measure of fame, the disheveled itinerant dubbed "Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker" describes himself as a "home-free" surfer and musician with roots in West Virginia.

"I don’t have any family," he tells a television reporter after describing how he stopped an attack on a utility worker in Fresno, Calif., by striking the assailant with an ax. "As far as anyone I grew up with is concerned, I’m already dead."

But 24-year-old Caleb McGillivary, as he is legally known, isn’t from West Virginia. He was born and raised in Canada, where his estranged parents reacted with horror to the allegations their son fatally bludgeoned a 73-year-old New Jersey lawyer, Joseph Galfy, last week.

In their first interviews since McGillivary’s arrest in Philadelphia Thursday night, the parents told The Star-Ledger their son has long struggled with behavioral problems and spent years in hospitals and treatment homes.

"Caleb had a real tough life," said Gil McGillivary, 57, a former probation officer who lives in Hawkesbury, Ontario. He and Caleb McGillivary’s mother, Shirley, divorced when their son was 4.

"He was in treatment homes until he turned 18 and then they cut him loose and washed their hands of him," Gil McGillivary said. "Caleb made accusations that he was physically and mentally abused at one of the homes. The system let my son down."

The suspect’s mother, who spoke on the condition her last name be withheld, acknowledged her son’s behavior problems but disputed his father’s claim that he has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. He graduated from high school, Shirley said, and took college classes. As a little boy, she said, he was a "delight."

She said she hasn’t spoken to her son since last fall. At the time, he was still living in Canada. She said she does not know how or when her son illegally crossed the border to travel around the States.

She wept while watching McGillivary’s notorious television interview, which was uploaded to YouTube in February and swiftly drew several hundred thousand hits. Since the arrest, the number of views has climbed to nearly 4 million.

Shirley, who lives on a farm in St. Paul, Alberta, said her son’s claim his family didn’t care about him isn’t true.

"He has a family that misses him," she said. "He has a family that loves him. There have been some attempts, but we have no way of contacting him. He knows my number. My number hasn’t changed. If he calls and wants our help, we’re there for him."
[...]

On May 10, McGillivary wrote a disturbing Mother’s Day essay on his Facebook wall in which he alleged that he was beaten by family members from the age of 2 and locked alone in a room for 20 hours a day. When he acted out, according to the essay, he was hit with brooms and pushed into cold showers.

His mother said the claims are untrue and the essay was a manifestation of her son’s mood disorders. She said she did not want to elaborate on the nature of his behavioral health issues.

In a YouTube video posted yesterday by a Kai supporter, there is a montage of archived interview clips in which McGillivary describes his troubled past and states that he was raped at age 17.

Meanwhile, a petition called "Free Kai Caleb Lawrence" has been created on Change.org.

"It’s innocent until proven guilty," Gil McGillivary said about his son. "Where’s the murder weapon? When did it happen? These are the questions that boggle my mind."

He said he was stunned when he first heard his son’s name in connection with the killing.

"I tried to put Caleb on the straight-and-narrow growing up, but this situation here, I can only tell him I still love him. He’s been wandering around lost because he hasn’t given his life to the Lord."
[...]

Gil McGillivary lost custody of his son after the divorce. He said the boy spent his teen and preteen years hospitalized for behavioral problems.

He said he last saw his son in December 2010. "He showed up to the door unannounced to spend Christmas with us," said the father, who is remarried with two daughters and a son.

"When Caleb came over here, he wanted me to run away with him to have some sort of father-son relationship.

"I believe that Caleb didn’t like the fact that I remarried, that I didn’t rescue him from the treatment home, that I have three kids from my present wife," Gil McGillivary said. "But my children, they love their brother, and they’re shocked at what has happened."

The father said he last spoke to his son in February after the television interview went viral.

"Caleb didn’t want to have anything to do with me," he said. "He thought I was trying to get into the public notoriety of his rise to fame because of being his dad. That wasn’t the way it was going to happen, but I respected his wishes because he’s an adult."
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/05/mysterious_hitchhiker_from_can.html

Kai supporter montage video:

"The system let my son down". Really? Nothing like passing the buck for your failures as a parent. He was a "delight" in one sentence and in the next he was troubled, well, which is it?

I'm sorry but you can't blame everyone but yourself when your children turn out a mess, yes, more than one person is usually to blame but parents need to take their share too.

"The system let my son down". Really? Nothing like passing the buck for your failures as a parent. He was a "delight" in one sentence and in the next he was troubled, well, which is it?

I'm sorry but you can't blame everyone but yourself when your children turn out a mess, yes, more than one person is usually to blame but parents need to take their share too.
Bad parenting is not the cause of mental disorders. If he had been repeatedly placed in care, it's obvious the parents were trying to get him help. Once he turned 18, there was little anyone could do to force him into getting help.

A person can be mentally ill and still be a delight as a small child and later grow to be "troubled". I see no contradiction in her use of either term.

Or did they put him in the treatment facilities and do nothing more? Mental illness is a familial disease, they all would have needed to be involved in his treatment for there to be a realistic chance for recovery. Sometimes parents just expect everyone else to "fix" their "problem children".

Or did they put him in the treatment facilities and do nothing more? Mental illness is a familial disease, they all would have needed to be involved in his treatment for there to be a realistic chance for recovery.
I don't have enough information to make that judgement call. Without knowing more, I'm not going to attack the parents. In seeking treatment, they did more than just sit back and let him fall off the edge as a child.

Sometimes parents just expect everyone else to "fix" their "problem children".
And "sometimes" there is more than any parent can deal reasonably with. This young man is and has obviously been much more than a "problem child". There are some people that no amount of "fixing" can help - and as an adult, unless that person actually accepts the help.

GDfqjGM.jpg
BFRTAAu.jpg
A man who gained Internet fame from hitchhiking across the country was indicted for the May 12 murder of a 74-year-old Clark lawyer in his home, acting Union County Prosecutor Grace Park said today.

A Superior Court grand jury handed up a murder indictment against Caleb McGillivary, 25, for the killing of Joseph Galfy.

McGillivary, also known as “Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker” could face a maximum sentence of 30 years to life in prison if he is convicted of the murder charge, a first-degree crime.

Prosecutors allege that McGillivary beat Galfy in the lawyer’s Starlite Drive home on May 12, about 24 hours after the two met, apparently by chance, on a Saturday night in New York City's Times Square.
[...]
http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2...ker_indicted_for_killing_of_clark_lawyer.html

I am going to play Demon's Advocate here- How often on this site have we seen the stories of bible beating parents (who love Jeebus sooo much) locking their children cages, dropping them in cold showers, etc, etc because of what they perceive as discipline issues? Every time, to other people they seem like normal, giving people, coping with problem children, who have various "mental health issues" they are "helping" them with. Often they convince people in charge that the fault is the childs. For all we know Kai's story could be true. Was he mentally ill to begin with, or did the abuse he describes cause the mental illness? Often where this smoke, there is fire. He is responsible for his actions either way, but I wouldn't dsicount what he says too easily.

I remember taking my first steps and my mother holding me in the kitchen of a house we were only in till I was four months old.

I remember my mom's boyfriend would yell for her as soon as I went into their room and he was in there. I was 2 when she met him and was only with him 3 months.

“Kai the Hitchhiker,” who rose to viral internet fame after a bizarre television interview in 2013, was convicted Wednesday in the beating death of a prominent 73-year-old New Jersey lawyer at his Union County home six years ago.

The jury found Caleb ‘Kai’ McGillvary, 30, guilty of first-degree murder a day after they began deliberating the testimony in the three week trial. He faces up to life in prison and will be sentenced June 13.

McGillvary was accused of killing Joseph Galfy on May 13, 2013 after their encounter turned violent. The Alberta, Canada-native claimed he acted in self defense after waking up to Galfy allegedly sexually assaulting him.

“This was a brutal, vicious, senseless crime, and we are pleased that the interests of justice have been served,” acting Union County Prosecutor Michael Monahan said. “We sincerely thank the jury for their service and hope that today’s verdict brings some measure of solace to Mr. Galfy’s family, friends, and loved ones.”

McGillvary testified at the trial, though it became combative while he was cross-examined by Assistant Prosecutor Scott Peterson. The two often raised their voices and talked over each other, forcing Judge Robert Kirsch to call order to the courtroom and remind McGillvary several times not to speak out of turn or add irrelevant information.

McGillvary pushed back, arguing he was treated worse than other witnesses and his Sixth Amendment right was being infringed.

Assistant prosecutors Jillian Reyes and Peterson said Galfy’s brutal injuries — three skull fractures, four broken ribs and severe contusions — showed this was “so far from self defense, it’s not even funny.”

Back