• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Is it bad that this story made me giggle? I mean, they even "assigned tasks". How awesome is that?

You know, when my little sister was in 2nd grade, she got suspended for "inciting a riot" on the playground, during which one playground teacher was assaulted. Not that I condoned the bad behavior to her, but, internally, I was so damn proud, I made a copy of the letter home and took it to school with me to show everyone. :p

Police seized a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, electrical and transparent tape, ribbons and a crystal paperweight from the students, who apparently intended to use them against the teacher, Tanner said.

That just cracks me up. :D

Last edited:
Updated on CNN today:

Two of the students were arrested on juvenile charges Tuesday and a third arrest was expected. District Attorney Rick Currie said other students told investigators they didn't take the plot seriously or insisted they had decided not to participate.

Currie said he decided to seek juvenile charges against two girls, ages 9 and 10, who brought the knife and paperweight and an 8-year-old boy who brought tape. He said all three students faced charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, and both girls were being charged with bringing weapons to school.

I wonder what the parents were doing when these kids were plotting to hurt their teacher!!??!!

I wonder what the parents were doing when these kids were plotting to hurt their teacher!!??!!

The plot was probably discussed in the schoolyard. The monitors probably didn't think twice about a group of children huddled together having a discussion. This could have happened over a day or two, one to plan what was going to happen and another to assign the tasks.

I think the adults being so shocked that a group of children could plan so well are underestimating the children. They saw a task to be completed and took to undertake that task. Getting the materials would be an easy task, parents too often "don't notice" what a child is doing as long as the child isn't causing trouble. Parents don't frisk their child's school bag before leaving believing that their child is inherently good and would not be carrying something contraband (contrary to the numerous reports of guns going to school for show and tell).

Even though these children were labeled with learning disabilities, they definitely showed an aptitude for problem solving. I would not be surprised if some of the ADD kids were also quite smart (hence bored and therefore ADD).

http://www.news4jax.com/news/16698731/detail.html

6giikx.jpg

2 Children Reach Plea Deals In Plot To Harm Teacher

Two of the three Waycross third-grade students charged in a plot to harm their teacher accepted plea deals on Tuesday.

Three of the nine children suspended were facing juvenile charges.

On Tuesday, the third-graders went before a juvenile judge to decide their fate on the judicial side of the issue.

Two of the students took plea agreements. However, the third student's parents said they did not want to take any plea agreement. Instead, that family said it wants to prove their daughter's innocence so she can have a clean record.

No decision has been made as to what to do with the third child. The judge asked for a continuance and expects to be back in court in 10 days to determine what's going to happen with the child that did not take a plea deal.

Holy shit, they were gonna pull a McGuyver on her ass with all the stuff they got together.

Aww...little inmates in the making...their parents must be proud.

Back