• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
07/30/17

When police executed a search warrant at Phyllistone Termine’s North Miami-Dade home in 2016, he was listening to tunes and doing a fraudster’s to-do list that included buying other people’s credit card numbers and security codes.

Termine, 19, was sentenced last week to 4 1/2 years in federal prison for aggravated identity theft and access device fraud.

The scam involved converting the modern tax return scam to unemployment benefits — amassing names and Social Security numbers and getting benefits in multiple fraudulent filings, Termine admitted in court documents. Using more than 1,000 names and numbers, the teenager falsely collected more than $1 million in benefits from March 2015 through May 2016.

Unemployment benefits are distributed by the state, but it’s federal government money, which put the Department of Labor on the case. Termine made those filings from two internet addresses linked to his home in the 200 block of Northeast 111th Street.

When cops burst into Termine’s home with a search warrant on May 20, 2016, they found him in his bedroom, listening to music and writing what appeared to be a summer to-do list on a legal pad. The list included the tasks “Buy Online, Merrick BNK & CCVs” and “Buy 3 phones, 1 clean 2 dirty’s.”

...Next to Termine on his bed: three cellphones and laptop. Hidden between the mattress and box spring: debit and credit cards that didn’t belong to Termine or anybody who lived with Termine. Also, there were blank white plastic cards with magnetic strips. Termine also had equipment to encode the magnetic strip on a credit or debit card.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article164430622.html

He was smart enough to have been successful in life the legitimate way, but he screwed himself by being greedy, lazy and amoral. What an idiot.

Phyllistone ?!?

I thought the same thing like...
what, just because Philly Cream Cheese or Phyllis Diller were taken?

Enterprising but sloppy.
Now he gets to go to prison to hone his criminal game.

Phyllistone...
lol...WTF.

I thought the same thing like...
what, just because Philly Cream Cheese or Phyllis Diller were taken?

Enterprising but sloppy.
Now he gets to go to prison to hone his criminal game.

Phyllistone...
lol...WTF.

Makes me think of philistine...

He was smart enough to have been successful in life the legitimate way, but he screwed himself by being greedy, lazy and amoral. What an idiot.
First thing he needs to learn, never write it down. Nothing like giving the prosecuters proof in black and white ... or in his case maybe he used crayons.

Back