• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
lisa-parratt-boot-camp-.jpg

A 350-pound woman was rejected by a personal trainer who said she was “way too heavy” for his fitness class.

Lisa Parratt, 33, was mortified when workout instructor Gary Randall, who goes by the moniker “Buffmaster,” told her that she was “just too big” for his boot camp program at UK-based gym Slimming World, which Parratt joined earlier this year.

The response over Facebook Messenger was devastating to Parratt, who has fought to lose 35 pounds since January. When she noted that to Randall, he replied that she still has “at least six months” more before qualifying for his course.

His comments are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, to make matters worse.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/personal-trainer-tells-woman-shes-way-too-heavy-for-his-class/

Hey Randall your a greedy shallow person and missed a great marketing story.
Well considering he kicked her out of class, and is No longer collecting her dues I'm not sure how Greedy Applies. As for Shallow, if he were so Shallow I don't think he would have taken her on as a client in the first place.

If she started in January & It is now September and She is still sitting @ 350lbs (Knowing from a weight loss journey several years ago myself) I suspect she isn't changing her Diet to go with his routine, Weightloss is a journey that requires a shitload of personal discipline, and your either in it to win it, or your just gabbing about your new diet every month with your friends. Some people don't want to dispose a shit load of time and effort into someone who is't giving 100% effort back. So what?? That's life, There are a million other "Personal Trainers" desperate for a client & Checks, she could easily find a new one in a shorter time it took to post this story and move on with her life.

Come on, now. It is a high intensity class. That's what those 'boot camps' are. She's 350 pounds. She would not get anything out of that class, it would be a waste of both their time and her money. Perhaps he could have used a little more tact and class in his message, but he was just being honest.

Everyone has to start some where. She had already lost 35 pounds when she started his program . He was in the wrong and is greedy. He wants to those who are already fit.
Everyone has to start somehwere - and sometimes it is somewhere else.
Maybe his boot camp is tailored for those who are already more fit. Just because she wants in doesn't mean she should get in. She can't join a class where she would be left behind by those more fit.
He also doesn't need the liability of a 300+ lb woman in an intensive exercise boot camp. He refunded her money. Sure he was undiplomatic about it, but he was not wrong about the reasons. Also, maybe she did't listen when he was nicer about the reasons, so he became blunt.
His choice of words may show he is a jerk, but that doesn't mean his decision was wrong.

It’s discrimination
Of course there is discrimination in gym programs: at the trainers' advice and discretion, the less fit go one place, and the more fit go another.
She was told she couldn't be in a specific program due to excessive weight. No one is keeping her from another class. He advised her to keep working in the gym for another 6 months in order to lose more weight. When she loses enough weight, she can join a boot camp.
That way she gets the most cash and self improvement value from the weight loss experience. Instead of joining a program she is literally unfit for, she can continue going to the gym until she becomes more fit and can extract the most benefit from a more demanding class.

Last edited:
It’s discrimination
I'll bet your the type of person who would accuse me of being racist because I hate Mexican food. The DD might not be a good fit for you, I'm sure your meticulously filtered FB Feed makes a great echo chamber for your views on Wrong, and Right, Might you add this story there, sentiments and all and enjoy your day of Thumbs up, as I don't think your making much headway here.....

I'll bet your the type of person who would accuse me of being racist because I hate Mexican food. The DD might not be a good fit for you, I'm sure your meticulously filtered FB Feed makes a great echo chamber for your views on Wrong, and Right, Might you add this story there, sentiments and all and enjoy your day of Thumbs up, as I don't think your making much headway here.....
I would not accuse you of being racist for not liking Mexican food. If you said you would not serve food to person because they were Mexican, then I would say your are a racist. I do think telling some they are too fat for your services is discrimination. Isn’t a physical trainer for there to help people reach their fitness and wellness goals? If he had told her, she was too black or work with her because she was gay every one be up in arms over it and rightfully so. Since she is 350lbs it’s ok:penguin:. That is discrimination.

What I am is a 5”5” 282 lbs woman who has struggled with my weight for many years. I have completed many boot camps and obstacles courses being overweight. I have had use personal trainers. I have never had any personal trainer or group fitness instructor deny me access because I was too fat.
Quite the opposite they have always told me to go at my own pace. They pushed me to try harder to keep moving and not to give up. If they hadn’t I would have been discouraged and not continued. The fat one over the 3 is me. It took me 90 minutes to complete the course. My team members encouraged me and kept cheering me on at the end. There people bigger than me doing this course and successfully completed the course.
15CADBBA-3BBD-48FB-96F8-C9BF46C0624D.jpeg

Last edited:
Everyone has to start some where. She had already lost 35 pounds when she started his program . He was in the wrong and is greedy. He wants to those who are already fit.
Not every workout is for everyone, If you can’t keep up with the class you need to find a class More your speed
No I don’t believe everyone should get a trophy
just because they showed up

Back