• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Siobhan

Trusted Member
kenneth-deangelo-martin.jpg

Kenneth Deangelo Martin was named by the Detroit police chief as a “person of interest” in potential serial killings in that community.

Martin, 34, was arrested shortly after police released his name. Martin was located at a Detroit bus stop on June 8, 2019.

A series of deaths have occurred of women in vacant homes.
On Facebook, the Detroit Police Department wrote, “The Detroit Police Department has identified a person of interest in connection with the potential serial killer investigation on the city’s east side. We are asking if anyone has any information or knows of this individuals whereabouts they are asked to call, Detroit Police Homicide at 313-596-2260 or 1-800-SPEAK UP.”

“We’re asking for the public’s help” to contact Martin, said Detroit police Chief James Craig, holding Martin’s photos aloft for journalists. He described him as a 34-year-old black male about 160 pounds and 5 foot 9 inches tall. “He’s known to be homeless. He’s known to frequent the east side of Detroit.”

Craig said “our investigators have been working on this around the clock, so we’ve developed a person of interest.” He said police want to have contact with Martin. “We believe there are individuals in the neighborhood who can help us identify” Martin. Martin was arrested a couple hours after the chief’s media outreach.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/kenneth-deangelo-martin/

Shout out and thanks to @ChaosKitty for the heads up on this article!

These serial kilelrs that target prostitutes usually baffle me. Why throw your life away on some gutter filth like that? Why not go after some nicer victims ya know?

But this guy was a worthless tramp too, so it makes sense.

Jack, think of how prostitutes operate: they'll willingly get into stranger's cars alone, then direct the driver to a secluded area away from possible witnesses or police, and predators are often frequent patrons who they know from previous "business" so they're not fearful of the person - this makes them a much easier target to violent predators, especially serial killers.
It's not often noticed or reported if they disappear, and if reported, LE usually assumes that they've just left the area of their own accord - ie: the perfect victim if you don't want to be easily discovered.
Serial killers will also operate in areas they feel most comfortable at blending in with, for some that means the streets, for guys like Bundy it was college campuses - but nearly all of his victims were missed immediately and reported as missing the moment they failed to return to their dorm rooms or classes.

^^
I grasp the logistical and strategic advantages, dont get me wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. I never understood why women are so often the primary victims of most serial killers.

Well i get why women are, i just dont get why prostitute women are.

I mean i GET it, theyre easy targets, easier to get away with it and such. But fuck, where's the fun or pride in it ya know? Just seems so pointless.

^^
I grasp the logistical and strategic advantages, dont get me wrong.

Well i get why women are, i just dont get why prostitute women are.

I mean i GET it, theyre easy targets, easier to get away with it and such. But fuck, where's the fun or pride in it ya know? Just seems so pointless.
And to top it off - I believe all of this guy's victims were in their 50s.

We know that many serial killers are often killing those they perceive as being similar to someone in their life they hate, and that some, like Gary Ridgway had prostitute mothers, and in such minds, they're often attempting to "kill their mother" repeatedly, using other prostitutes in proxy of their mothers.
Others will openly use the services of sex workers, but don't want to pay, see them as trash, and/or have guilt for relying on sex workers, so they kill and discard them as garbage.

And to top it off - I believe all of this guy's victims were in their 50s.

Which leads me to wonder who might be in his life that he despises that's either now in their 50's, or perhaps was in that age group when his anger towards them began?

But fuck, where's the fun or pride in it ya know? Just seems so pointless.
There are "hunt" outfitters in Africa, and elsewhere, that will buy captive animals, accustomed to being fed by people, then turn them out into a fenced-in compound and lead the "hunters" to them. The "hunter" kills the bewildered animal and gets to brag about his "hunt", even though it didn't amount to anything more than a walk in a manicured park to the equivalent of a cat in a cage.

It's the same principle here. Matching wits doesn't matter, the stalk doesn't matter, the chase doesn't matter. All that matters is the kill.

--Al

Deangelo Martin, 37, pleaded guilty on Friday to murdering four women whose bodies were found in vacant houses in Detroit and to sexually assaulting two other women, authorities said.
Martin was arrested in June 2019 on charges of stabbing and sexually assaulting a 25-year-old woman and kidnapping and assaulting a 51-year-old woman. Three months later, he was formally charged with four counts of first-degree murder and four counts of felony murder in the killings of four women whose bodies were found in abandoned houses between February 2018 and June 2019.
At the time, authorities characterized the slayings as the work of a serial killerand said they believed all of the women were sex workers.

Medical examiners determined that 57-year-old Annette Nelson and Nancy Harrison, 52, died of blunt force trauma. But they could not determine how Trevesene Ellis, 55, and Tamara Jones, 55, died because their bodies were badly decomposed.

1662233040162.png
1662233324516.png

Annette Nelson and Tamara Jones

1662233398848.png

Travesene Ellis and Nancy Harrison

Back