• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
17356792-7363927-image-a-12_1565959840184.jpg

A Somerset County couple was charged Thursday with multiple counts of theft after allegedly faking a pregnancy as well as a baby’s birth and death in July to obtain more than $600 in gifts and funeral expense donations from friends and through a GoFundMe account.

They are also accused of using the same pregnancy story to obtain gifts through a baby shower in May.

Kaycee Lang, 23, and Geoffrey Lang, 27, from Friedens, were charged by state police with theft by deception, theft by unlawful taking or disposition and receiving stolen property.

Advertisement

According to the affidavit of probable cause, the Langs claimed the baby, named “Easton Walt Lang,” was born at 3:11 a.m. on July 3 at Conemaugh Memorial Hospital in Johnstown. The couple claimed that the baby died hours later and that Ms. Lang was discharged shortly after the infant’s death. The couple posted photos of a baby on Facebook.

“The baby matched the appearance of a newborn look-a-like baby doll,” the affidavit stated.

A GoFundMe account was set up for the couple at the request of Mr. Lang’s mother. Kaycee Lang helped write a paragraph describing their cause and need for the funds. In turn, multiple people donated to the account and the money was then released to the Langs, police said. The Langs had also received gifts such as diapers, wipes and outfits at the baby shower, the affidavit states.

Full Story:

22Oct2019
A Friedens couple accused by state police of faking the birth and death of a baby in order to collect gifts and money from friends and relatives appeared on Tuesday before a Somerset County district judge and waived their rights to preliminary hearings.

Geoffrey Alan Lang, 27, and Kaycee Leigh Lang, 23, both were charged in Somerset County in August with theft by unlawful taking, theft by deception and receiving stolen property, all first-degree misdemeanors, court records indicate.

Each Lang also faces a second set of identical charges that were originally filed in Westmoreland County, where a baby shower for “Easton Walt Lang” was allegedly held earlier this year, before being transferred to Somerset County’s jurisdiction.
[...]

They got so little out of the scam. I wonder if friends and family know them for scroungers, beggars, scavengers of human emotion, and had suspicions from the start?

And the photo! What baby who dies in a hospital couple hours after birth is photographed on a bright green blanket in a print onesie in a wicker basket? Or was that supposed to be a photo op by the mortician? Anyone familiar with those newborn dolls would call foul.

Last edited:
22Oct2019

They got so little out of the scam. I wonder if friends and family know them for scroungers, beggars, scavengers of human emotion, and had suspicions from the start?

And the photo! What baby who dies in a hospital couple hours after birth is photographed on a bright green blanket in a print onesie in a wicker basket? Or was that supposed to be a photo op by the mortician? Anyone familiar with those newborn dolls would call foul.

I had a friend who was half black but he looked white. They had a picture on the wall of a very dark baby, all dressed up. My drunk ass told him I heard that the black gene skips a generation sometimes. Later on I started telling dead baby jokes and everyone started crying. 3 days later I found out the baby was still born.

So, some people do take pictures of their dead babies.

I know that the hospital pictures of my 2 very live babies looked more like they could have been more dead than alive. So I would have been suspect of such a perfectly healthy looking baby, all chubby and rosy cheeked.

And there's always someone waiting to separate you from your money. I know I'm a skeptic but I just don't donate to random people who claim to need money.

Latest scam: Someone called and told me that the SSA had suspended my SS# because of my illegal activities in Texas, Yeah right.

Latest posts

Back