• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A cool cat up for adoption has become an internet sensation with his lackadaisical demeanor.

Seven-year-old Bruno is a polydactyl cat - meaning he has more toes than usual - weighing in at 25lbs and currently looking for a forever home at an Illinois animal shelter.

Despite being overweight, this lovable cat is perfectly healthy and even on a diet.

The Wright Way Rescue Animal Shelter took to Facebook to showcase Bruno in some pretty relaxed poses which have since gone viral and caused adoption applications to come flooding in.

The quirky post introduces the charismatic cat.

'When I am in a normal home, most of my day is spent laying around, but never far from my family,' Bruno wrote. 'I usually prefer to lay on the floor or right next to you, but occasionally I like to be a lap-cat.'

According to Bruno, he's 'chatty kitty' who loves to walk, play and do tricks.

'I have a couple quirky traits too....For one, I like to stand on my hind legs! This usually happens when I want food. No, my foster parents did not teach me this. They are not sure how I learned,' Bruno said.

Erin Ellison, who works at the shelter, told BuzzFeed that Bruno has been in their care since April when he was given up for adoption and has been placed in foster care.

'The foster home understood the importance of Bruno loosing weight if he was going to live to be an old man,' Ellison said. 'He has been thriving with his foster and has become a much more active cat.'

She added that Bruno will do great with a family who can 'shower him with affection and continue his weight loss journey.'

Bruno said: 'I know my tummy is so tempting to touch, but I would prefer if you didn't. I may swat my hand and pretend to bite if you do.'

Photos of Bruno have captured the hearts of thousands who commented that they 'need this cat'.

The shelter has since posted an update now that Bruno is in such high demand.

'He has been VERY excited with all of the interest, so he's taking the time to review all of his adoption applications to see which home he'd like best. He is high maintenance after all!' the shelter wrote.

Hopefully Bruno will find his forever home soon but he has a message for whoever the lucky ones are who will become his new parents.

'I am a pretty laid back, lazy cat who just wants to be in the presence of my owners. I hear I make them laugh and smile every single day, so I hope I can do the same for you!', he wrote.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6072041/Viral-25lb-cat-named-Bruno-soon-home.html
081718-wtvd-bruno-the-cat-vid.jpg

Bruno, a high-maintenance polydactyl cat - meaning he has more toes than usual - has finally been given a home.

Weighing an incredible 25lbs, the feline became an internet sensation when an Illinois animal shelter showcased his lazy demeanor online.

The Wright Way Rescue Animal Shelter took to Facebook to display Bruno in his most relaxed poses which garnered 17,000 likes and 18,000 shares along with a flood of adoption applications.

And now the lovable creature has once and for all found a home with Lauren Paris, a Chicago-based actress and singer.

Lauren won the right to adopt the furry feline after sending the animal shelter a recommendation from her boss, along with a letter of intent and footage of her apartment, reported Vice.

Yet what really made Lauren stand out from the many other applicants was her original song all about the animal and his highly specific needs.

Not only does the adorable creature prefer standing on his hind legs, but he also won't eat unless someone is petting him, refuses to drink water if it is near his food bowl and hates having his stomach touched.

Despite being overweight, this much-loved cat is perfectly healthy and even on a diet.

Declaring who Bruno, 7, had finally chosen for his owner, the animal shelter wrote on their social media accounts: 'Bruno has made his choice, and he found someone just as extra as him. World, meet Bruno's new mom, Lauren!'

Back