• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I almost posted this. They have been having a lot of issues with people using them and vice versa. They raised their rates, raised the amount of money that people were supposed to donate and also messed up on paying the writers so it was kinda tilted with a lot of people angry at them a lot of the time. They are playing the big dick move I think to get people to stand in line and also I think have some internal issues as well as feeling in general they should be getting more out of what they are doing than they are. I think they will probably go down in the next few months and hope everyone has the sense like last month on there not to get greedy or optimistic it is going to continue and instead immediately move all of their work over to medium or somewhere where it is safe because they might lose it if they keep it up and the whole site folds

Last edited:
I was glad to find the video, because I had no idea about any of it.
the concept was good but they should have thought ahead. Basically they got a lot of people that were using it one step up from a random go fund me for them talking while at the same time they had some incredible content from others but all relied on people that would pay them some like a dollar a week which they needed to charge and in a manner that they were paid for the site and the artists were paid for their work. Like man artist collectives the bottom side can drag you down and patrons with a lot of money are few and far between

I wanted to totally ditch Patreon when they kicked Sargon. I don't care what the political stance of someone is, if they are not breaking Patreon's guidelines and people want to hear them (pay them), then so be it. But it was very obvious that Patreon, like Twitter, Google, Facebook, do not have an issue with what you say as long as it aligns with their beliefs.

The only reason why I never did was simply because we had lost so many advertisers after the 12-year-old suicide article that they were one of my remaining sources of income. I'm leaving it up for now, but as Tim states in his video, I think that working directly with your costumer is the better route... especially for us and especially since we do not want to "toe the line" for anyone.

Once we get all the donating options up and visible, I may just shut down our Patreon completely, take the hit for a month or so, and hope that the Bold subscriptions purchased directly will keep our heads above water until the screamindemon.com stuff (which will\should allow us to use advertising) kicks in. That's the idea.

well, since I know you aren't talking of the ancient ruler need to look that up. Had no idea you had lost advertisers or anyone would have taken umbrage to anything that I heard on here about that girls suicide as I blame the incubator and think most others did too. Apparently I wasn't authorized to get in there but hopes it works for you I would back up everything off of patreon because I just have a feeling

Had no idea you had lost advertisers or anyone

Oh yeah. After we posted about the 12-year-old who hanged herself on video, a massive hate campaign was started against the site that targeted all of our advertisers. Of course, they all folded as expected and we were left with only Disqus (the comment system we used on front page when it was active) and Patreon\Bold members.

Oh yeah. After we posted about the 12-year-old who hanged herself on video, a massive hate campaign was started against the site that targeted all of our advertisers.
I had no idea and it was total bullshit, if I had known woulda been all up to side ways go after the hate group, were they fundie loose lugnut defenders of mom trying to keep everything covered up?. Had all kinds of feels for the girl & big time blamed the woman myself

Last edited:
Back