• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Not at all surprising

These nursing homes often hire the scummiest, most worthless human beings on the planet. It's deeply disturbing what people in the nursing profession can do and still retain their licenses, however most arent getting hired on at nice hospital jobs or doctors offices or the like. You got an LVN with a history of drug arrests or CPS cases against him/her or other common scumbag shit like that, that trash is working with some of the most vulnurable folks in society. What's worse, is there's usually a reason why people find themselves in lower rent, junk nursing homes like this one. THeir families either dont got the money to do better or dont care enough to, both of which spell a recipe for them bein even more vulnerable, having less people lookin out for em, etc.

Police fear there are MORE victims at healthcare center where a quadriplegic woman gave birth after devout Christian nurse, 36, is arrested for rape
  • Nathan Sutherland, 36, was arrested Wednesday for raping a severely disabled woman at Hacienda Healthcare center in Arizona after she gave birth
  • But police say center is still under investigation amid fears of more victims
  • Sutherland's lawyer has denied there is evidence linking him to the crime
  • Police say DNA taken from the nurse matches the baby boy, born in December
Story:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...are-center-quadriplegic-woman-gave-birth.html

Update

Arizona nurse accused of raping woman 'fooled everybody,' mother of fellow patient says

The arrest of a licensed nurse who was supposed to be looking after a woman at an Arizona long-term health care facility -- but was charged Wednesday with raping her -- came as a shock to those who were around him most.

Nathan Sutherland, 36, was arrested and charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse, after the woman stunned her caregivers and family last month by giving birth to a baby boy.

Angela Gomez, the mother of a 27-year-old patient at the Hacienda HealthCare facility, told KPHO-TV that Sutherland cared for her son and appeared to be "very compassionate."

"Never in my wildest dreams would I think that he would be the suspect that the PD was looking for," she said. "I suspected others, but I was wrong, and he fooled everybody."

Gomez told KPHO that Sutherland worked the night shift at the Phoenix facility, and that she now was getting her son tested for sexually transmitted diseases because she did not know the extent of the 36-year-old's contact with him.

"I want him to spend every day of his life in prison," she told the television station. "That’s what a monster like him deserves,"

Phoenix Police Spokesman Tommy Thompson said Sutherland submitted his DNA sample under court order Tuesday and the results came back a few hours later, showing he was a match to the baby. He declined to speak with police and invoked his Fifth Amendment rights.

Defense attorney David Gregan described his client in court as a family man with young children who has lived in Arizona since 1993, adding there was no "direct evidence" his client "committed these acts."

"I know at this point there's DNA. But he will have a right to his own DNA expert," he said.

A former co-worker of Sutherland told ABC15 the 36-year-old was an outgoing man who got along with many, and the arrest was disturbing to her.

"I cried. I just cried and cried," Eleanor Riggers told the television station. "I think he is a coward. I think he is the lowest scum imaginable because I considered him a friend."

Hacienda officials fired Sutherland after learning of his arrest. The company said it was "troubled beyond words." Sutherland had passed an extensive background check.

"Once again, we offer an apology and send our deepest sympathies to the client and her family, to the community and to our agency partners at every level," Hacienda said in a statement.

The 29-year-old victim has been in long-term care since age 3 and gave birth at the facility on Dec. 29. Earlier stories had described the patient as being comatose or in a vegetative state, but her parents released a statement Tuesday disputing that characterization.

They described her as intellectually disabled because of seizures in early childhood. While she doesn't speak, she has some mobility in her limbs, head and neck. She also responds to sound and can make facial gestures.

Thompson said Tuesday the baby is "doing well" and has since been released from the hospital. The woman's family has said they will care for him.

The family's attorney, John Micheaels, told the Associated Press that they knew about the arrest but did not want to comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-...ooled-everybody-mother-of-fellow-patient-says

Nathan Sutherland, 36, wearing an orange jumpsuit and shackled at the wrists and legs, entered his plea at a brief arraignment hearing at the Maricopa County Superior Court. His next court appearance was set for March 19.

Sutherland, a licensed practical nurse who began working at Hacienda HealthCare Skilled Nursing Facility in Phoenix in 2012, faces one count each of sexual assault and abuse of a vulnerable adult. He has been held on $500,000 bail since last month.
[....]
Sutherland’s lawyer, Dave Gregan, said he would work to uphold his client’s “process rights.”

Gregan has said previously that there was no direct evidence against his client, who had no prior criminal history, and that the defense planned to conduct its own DNA tests.
[....]
The baby, a boy who is being cared for by family members, is doing well, police have said.

Hacienda has since retained an Indiana-based company, Benchmark Human Services, to oversee operations at the nursing facility after Arizona regulators ordered the site placed under independent management.

Oh but before they close ... all the females get a sti screen and pregnancy test. Fucking wow ... yeah I bet there is more victims too...

Welp, it seems they made a "deal" with state officials to stay open. :rolleyes:

The group that operates an Arizona health care facility where a severely disabled woman was impregnated last year will keep the unit open after reaching a deal with state officials, Hacienda HealthCare said Friday.

Gov. Doug Ducey applauded Hacienda's willingness to stay open under a new regulation agreement, according to Ducey spokesman Patrick Ptak.
"Due to the medically fragile condition of this community, keeping patients where they reside was always our preferred choice and the safest option for patients," he said.

State agencies will work with the health-care provider to put together "a voluntary regulatory agreement with strong oversight and accountability measures that ensure safety and quality care going forward for patients," he said.

There are 37 patients at the facility.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...nated-to-stay-open/ar-BBTmfTr?ocid=spartanntp

"a voluntary regulatory agreement with strong oversight and accountability measures that ensure safety and quality care going forward for patients,"

Voluntary regulatory agreement? WTF is that? Does that mean they'll establish policies that they may or may not have to abide by? Yeah, that's really addressing the problem. IMHO, they bluffed by threatening to close because they didn't want loss of control/$$ to "independent management" and the state folded because they don't have the facilities to handle the patients.

Nathan Sutherland is not only a Christian raper, but he is also a Christian rapper. I guess there is a difference.

In interviews and government documents, Nathan Sutherland painted an inspirational image of himself: an abandoned child who grew up with an empty belly in a Haitian orphanage; a doting dad who wanted to help those who had also been dealt a difficult hand.

His Christian music group, Sleeplessouljaz, rapped inspirational messages in churches and concert halls across the Southwest. He sought to start a transitional home for orphans and homeless youth. When those dreams fizzled, he dove into an industry synonymous with caretaking: He became a nurse.

That image is at odds with the man Phoenix police and prosecutors have presented to the world: the Hacienda HealthCare nurse who sexually assaulted his incapacitated patient and, a few days after Christmas, became the father of her child.

[...]

Nathan "I could tell by the way she laid there motionless that she wanted my dick" Sutherland

Last edited:

Kerri Masengale, the facility's director of specialized therapy and group homes, turned in his letter of resignation.

"Though I had hoped to remain with Hacienda Healthcare during this unfortunate time of restructure, due to previous personal experience (and subsequent lack of trust) with the newly appointed acting CEO, Perry Petrilli; my final day of employment shall be Friday, March 15, 2019," Masengale wrote in his letter.

It's unclear what the "previous personal experience" was.

Nathan violated a vagina but it now fighting that his rights will be violated if he is forced to take an STD/HIV test
The former Hacienda nurse accused of raping and impregnating an incapacitated woman plans to fight court-ordered testing for HIV and sexually transmitted diseases.

Nathan Sutherland, who will turn 37 this month, stood silently beside his new attorney, Edward Molina, during what was essentially a housekeeping hearing Tuesday morning in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Molina asked Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Roger Hartsell to schedule a hearing concerning a recent order that would require Sutherland to undergo testing for HIV and other STDs. The state initially requested the results be given to the victim.

Molina argued any court-ordered testing would violate Sutherland's constitutional rights in response to the state's motion. He also questioned the motives of the testing considering it would be easier to test the victim as she's currently a patient in a long-term care facility. The victim has likely already been tested in the months since she gave birth in December, he continued.

He called the request a "fishing expedition" in a Feb. 26 response.

"They want to test him for HIV and I don't know why they don't just test the person they believe has it," he told The Arizona Republic following the hearing.

But Hartsell ordered the testing be done in February and the results submitted to the Arizona Department of Health Services regardless.

A hearing on the matter was scheduled for March 26. They also scheduled another complex case management hearing for May 21.

That sounds like some wild lawyer shenanigans, make the story even more shocking and horrifying with some baseless, "what if's" and "who knows, coulda happened..." type of stuff. Lawsuit is a fucking lock.

Back