• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
There is something fundamentally wrong about any human being, regardless of age or upbringing, who can shoot his mother

Actually I think there is a lot of mothers out there who know exactly why their children shoot them in the face...the moment they see the gun...they know why. I bet more than one of Michelle Duggar's kids think about killing her. Same reason Kris Jenner got a gun...oh yeah just coincidence there was an intruder at the same time her kid started going crazy. I love that show btw.

If this was some 15 year old black kid who gunned down 4 or 5 people in the street, there'd be no question whether to sentence him as aj uvenile or an adult. He'd be toasted.

This kid though, from a nice christian family, nice big house, political connection, all the chance in the world he'll get away with it. Sociopath fuck.

Actually I think there is a lot of mothers out there who know exactly why their children shoot them in the face...the moment they see the gun...they know why. I bet more than one of Michelle Duggar's kids think about killing her. Same reason Kris Jenner got a gun...oh yeah just coincidence there was an intruder at the same time her kid started going crazy. I love that show btw.
I'm thoroughly confused now.

A state worker has been accused of having sexual contact with a mentally-ill teenager who murdered his family.

Psychiatric technician Amber Lucero, 35, allegedly had an improper relationship with Nehemiah Griego after falling for him during treatment at the Sequoyah Adolescent Treatment Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The 19-year-old, who is a patient at the center for troubled teens, shot and killed his parents and three younger siblings when he was just 15.

He allegedly used his father's .22 rifle and AR-15 semiautomatic rifle to shoot his sleeping mother Sara before killing his nine-year-old brother Zephania and two sisters, Jael, five, and Angelina, two.

It is claimed he then lay in wait at least four hours for his father, Greg, to return to the family home in a rural area southwest of downtown Albuquerque and then shot him dead late on Saturday night.

Police believe the video game-obsessed teen - who had allegedly spent a week plotting the murders - then spent the rest of the day at his local church.

In February, a judge cleared the way for him to be released by the age of 21.

His teachers, psychiatrists and others at the treatment center say he has made significant progress after being diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and some learning disabilities.

Lucero made her first appearance in court Tuesday. She's charged with sexual contact of a minor by a person in a position of authority.
[…]
Griego had received therapy at the facility prior to pleading guilty to charges stemming from the slayings at his family home just south of Albuquerque.

According to a criminal complaint, some of Griego's family members learned of the relationship and reported it last week to administrators at the treatment center.

State Health Department spokesman David Morgan said the allegations are troubling and that the agency, which oversees the center, is taking them seriously.

'DOH placed the employee on leave Monday and we are moving forward with termination,' he told The Associated Press in an email.

'We have also been cooperating with state police on their criminal investigation and will continue to do so.'

Albuquerque television station KRQE first reported allegations about the relationship.

The criminal complaint stated that Griego confirmed for investigators that he was in a romantic relationship with Lucero and that the relationship began in the latter half of 2014.

The two began spending time together. Walks around the facility led to holding hands and kissing, and Griego told investigators that he had touched Lucero's breasts over her clothing.

Griego was reluctant to talk about their relationship because he cared for Lucero and didn't want to get her in trouble, according to the complaint.

When Griego was moved to another facility, authorities said, the two continued to exchange letters.

In an interview with police, Lucero said she believed she loved Griego and that she 'weakened' when he asked for a kiss. She went on to say that she overstepped her boundaries by becoming 'too much of a friend with him and caring too much.'

During Tuesday's court hearing, the judge ordered Lucero not to have any contact with Griego or return to the treatment center.
LINK

All that kid needed more fucking damage from a early mid life crisis stalker ruin her families lives and this kid even worse. He might see that release at 21 go to the wind.

Well isn't that special that Nehemiah has made such wonderful forward progress! Too bad that his family had to be denied any future forward progress due to their being stopped DEAD in their tracks.

n an interview with police, Lucero said she believed she loved Griego and that she 'weakened' when he asked for a kiss. She went on to say that she overstepped her boundaries by becoming 'too much of a friend with him and caring too much.'

Um, nope, you raped him.

This guy is essentially under state custody, he's not in prison but he's still being forcibly held in this institution. The workers there hold an authoritative position over him. And even ignoring that fact, he's mentally ill and therefore easy to manipulate and take advantage of especially by those responsible for his care. This is rape to me.

Hopefully he sues and gets rich as shit off this. His lawyer is a fucking dipshit if he doesn't file suit, so much easy money. Rich people are less likely to be criminals. Hopefully millions of dollars will keep this nutbag piece of evil filth from slaughtering morei nnocent people.

So fucking disgusting he's out by 21. There's teens in the inner city who get far more time than that for slinging dope.

Racist, biased judicial system. Shameful.

And where's the outrage at this sentencing? Some asswipe fingerbangs a drunk girl and the entire nation wants the judges head in a guillotine, this judge is letting out a mass murdering sociopath and there's nothin. Interesting how the world works.

From the hearing in January.

Tuesday in court, disturbing text messages were described between Griego and his then 12-year-old girlfriend before the murders. A detective said the messages reveal both Nehemiah and his girlfriend had plans to kill their parents, but she backed out.

The detective said Griego tells his girlfriend he’s feeling insane in the messages. The defense asked the detective Tuesday if the girlfriend seemed to be egging Griego on and he said yes.

The detective also said Griego sent a picture of his mother and brother after they were killed to prove he did it. He said the two teens then sent sexual texts to each other.

In the girlfriends initial police interview, the detective describes her as cold.

“I didn’t feel like she emotionally responded to someone who was close to someone who did this,” said the detective on the stand.

http://krqe.com/2016/01/12/juvenile-or-adult-day-2-in-nehemiah-griego-hearing/

January 24th, 2018

In 55 days, Nehemiah Griego, who at age 15 shot and killed his parents and three of his siblings at their South Valley home, will be released free and clear from juvenile custody as he turns 21 — unless an appeal succeeds in reversing a judge’s decision to sentence Griego as a juvenile.

Arguments in the case were heard Wednesday, with Court of Appeals judges expressing concern about how such a reversal would work, especially considering Griego’s fast-approaching release.

The appeal focuses on how Children’s Court Judge John Romero decided to send Griego to juvenile prison until the maximum age 21 instead of adult prison, where he could have faced up to 120 years. Both were options under a plea agreement which took Griego’s first-degree murder charges off the table.

Griego’s plea deal opened the door to a juvenile sentence if the judge determined that he could be sufficiently rehabilitated in juvenile facilities.

The state Attorney General’s Office argues that in sentencing Griego as a child, Romero failed to consider both the heinousness of the crime and testimony from doctors who said Griego could not be rehabilitated by age 21. They want the decision reversed and a determination as to whether Griego “truly has been or can be rehabilitated,” a spokesman said. If not, then they want him sentenced as an adult.

“The real question is can he be fixed by the time he is 21?” state’s attorney John Woykovsky said during Wednesday’s hearing.

Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office officials said at the time of the killings that Nehemiah had been planning the shootings for days.

He first shot his mother, Sarah Griego, and 9-year-old brother, Zephaniah, with a .22-caliber rifle at around 1 a.m. on Jan. 19. Then he went into his younger sisters’ room and shot Jael, 5, and Angelina, 2, according to sheriff’s deputies.

After that, he waited for his father, Greg Griego, a former pastor at Calvary Chapel, to return home from an overnight shift at an Albuquerque homeless shelter. He killed his father with a different rifle.

Vanessa Lightbourne, one of Griego’s surviving sisters (who were not at home during the shootings), said Wednesday that she still believes her brother is a danger to society and to her family. “He murdered five people,” she said. “For him to do that, I don’t think anybody can come back from that.”

Lightbourne said she has since moved out of the state and is going to school. She hasn’t spoken to Nehemiah in three years.

She said she doesn’t believe her brother has taken sufficient steps toward rehabilitation and she wants him to remain behind bars.
https://www.abqjournal.com/1123914/appeal-pending-as-teen-killers-release-date-nears.html

In 55 days, Nehemiah Griego, who at age 15 shot and killed his parents and three of his siblings at their South Valley home, will be released free and clear from juvenile custody as he turns 21 — unless an appeal succeeds in reversing a judge’s decision to sentence Griego as a juvenile.

Lets hope the appeal succeeds. This was premeditated murder ffs.

The affair with the counselor is her fault, but his willingness to enter into it is very troubling to me.

A New Mexico man who killed his parents and three siblings when he was a minor is seeking to change his name ahead of his scheduled release later this month.

Nehemiah Griego filed the name change motion in January under the moniker ‘John Doe,’ requesting that documents and hearings in the murder case be sealed.

Griego was 15 years old when authorities say he went on a shooting rampage inside his family’s Albuquerque home in 2013, which left his parents, two younger sisters, ages two and five, and a nine-year-old brother dead.

He is scheduled to be released from prison on March 20, his 21st birthday, as outlined under a 2016 Children’s Court order, which found he had been receptive to treatment and could be sentenced as a juvenile.

Had he been sentenced as an adult, Griego could have been locked up for up to 120 years.

According to court documents, his attorney Matthew Bernstein wrote that the name change will ‘assist him in avoiding unnecessary recognition,’ reported the Albuquerque Journal.

A judge last week ruled that the court file must appear under Griego’s name

n an 11th-hour bid to keep the convicted killer locked up, prosecutor Michelle Pato of the Bernalillo County District Attorney’s office on Monday filed a motion arguing against Griego’s release until a court rules on an appeal of his juvenile sentence.

She cited ‘generalized’ threats Griego allegedly made toward others in arguing that he posed a potential danger to the community if released.

A state police investigation into the allegations earlier this year, however, did not uncover any direct, criminal threats made by Griego during his time in state custody, according to a state police spokeswoman.

Griego had told investigators that he believed the allegations of the threats had come from people who were scared of him and likely trying to block his release. He added that he has had virtually no communication with people outside of the treatment facility where he is being held, and that he does not intend to hurt anyone.

He also carries no resentment toward his family, he said.

‘I’ve moved on,’ he said. ‘I want to just live my life and I want to be left alone.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5483395/Murderer-killed-parents-siblings-seeks-change.html
4A0BA38300000578-0-image-a-27_1520619227955.jpg

5 years for killing 5 people, including 3 young children, is horrifying. :eek:

‘I’ve moved on,’ he said. ‘I want to just live my life and I want to be left alone.’

And what about the people you killed, huh? When will THEY be allowed to live their lives?

Oh WAIT... :punch:

You served one year for every murder you committed, you're attempting to change your name to distance yourself from the horror you committed. Even now, it's only about you... :punch:

A New Mexico man who killed five family members as a teen is set to return to court Monday for a weeklong hearing to determine whether he has been rehabilitated while in state custody.

It is the second such hearing for 21-year-old Nehemiah Griego, who three years ago pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in the shootings of his parents and three siblings at the family's home south of Albuquerque.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...n-who-killed-5-as-a-teen-revisited/ar-BBQl10l

"“I am sorry,” he told his older sisters who were among those in the packed courtroom. “I wish I could take it back, but the reality is that we can’t.”
Two of Griego’s sisters made tearful pleas, saying they want their brother to remain locked up, under heavy guard, where he can get the mental health treatment he needs. They say he has shown no remorse and if let out could hurt himself or others. "

An Albuquerque judge spent hours Tuesday hearing arguments over how much prison time – if any – Nehemiah Griego should face for killing five members of his family in 2013.

State District Judge Alisa Hart is tasked with handing down a sentence of up to 120 years to the now-22-year-old convicted of fatally shooting his parents, Greg and Sarah Griego, and three siblings, Zephaniah, 9, Jael, 5, and Angelina, 2. As the all-day hearing concluded well after 5 p.m., Hart said she will issue her decision at a later date.

In a statement to the court, Griego said he is remorseful and apologized to his older sisters, three of whom spoke Tuesday on behalf of the prosecution. He also thanked individually two aunts and two uncles who have continued to visit him regularly while he’s been in custody and who had, he said, “shown me what forgiveness is” when he’d expected retaliation and abandonment.

"“I am sorry,” he told his older sisters who were among those in the packed courtroom. “I wish I could take it back, but the reality is that we can’t.”
Two of Griego’s sisters made tearful pleas, saying they want their brother to remain locked up, under heavy guard, where he can get the mental health treatment he needs. They say he has shown no remorse and if let out could hurt himself or others. "

At least the sisters recognize his demons and want what is right and what is just. I hope the judge has the right frame of mind takes that into consideration.

Back