• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Ducky

_108353596_055890442.jpg
A waiter in Paris has been killed because his customer thought he took too long with his sandwich.

According to reports, a man was so angry with the time his food took to get to him, that when it finally did, the guy shot the waiter in the shoulder. All efforts to save the 28 year old man were unsuccessful, and he died at the scene. His colleagues told police that the customer had lost his temper at the pizza and sandwich shop because of the length of time it had taken to prepare his meal.

The suspect fled the scene and has not been caught.

-He better have brought that damn sandwich with him! Wtf...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49385132

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're confusing France and Britain. It's perfectly legal to own a gun in France. You just can't carry that gun in public without a C&C, which is harder to get than in America.
Interesting, gun laws never seem to stop criminals from owning guns, only keeps honest people from defending themselves

France has strict gun control laws, but illegal weapons are widespread and these have been used in most of the deadly terror attacks in the country in recent years. The Local looks at some other facts about guns in France that might surprise you.
France is in 12th place in the world in the rankings of gun ownership, according to the Small Arms Survey. The estimated total number of guns held by civilians - both legally and illegally - in France is around 10 million, according to figures published last year by Gun Policy, a project run by the University of Sydney.

But other studies say that there may be as many 20 million weapons owned by civilians in the nation of
Weapons such as Kalashnikovs, many of which were originally used in the Balkan wars in the 1990s, can be bought for less than 3,000 euros on the black market.

I’m sorry but I went to Montreal once a French speaking place and they got mad at me cause I couldn’t speak French and treated me like shit they are some rude ass people so never know what kind of things they said to this man to make him that mad. I hate French speaking people they think they are gods gift to earth. FOH!

I’m sorry but I went to Montreal once a French speaking place and they got mad at me cause I couldn’t speak French and treated me like shit they are some rude ass people so never know what kind of things they said to this man to make him that mad. I hate French speaking people they think they are gods gift to earth. FOH!

That's their "thing" though. Really, the whole of Canada should be speaking French, but it's now only in Quebec. Even the signs have to be in French. I doubt my long forgotten high school French would do me any good there. I think they get tired of Americans who tend to think everyone should be speaking English the world over.

That's their "thing" though. Really, the whole of Canada should be speaking French, but it's now only in Quebec. Even the signs have to be in French. I doubt my long forgotten high school French would do me any good there. I think they get tired of Americans who tend to think everyone should be speaking English the world over.
Canada was a British colony, not sure why we should be speaking french lol

Here's the thing. Canadians ALL speak french. Its mandatory. You will get it from grade 4 and up. The majority of the sane people just choose to pretend we don't speak it. French is actually how I made the transition into dutch life and the only reason I could go shopping or cook when I first came to the Netherlands. I read the french instructions or names for foods/items to know what it was. I speak french(canadian and actual french) and still spoke english in France because fuck em!

Although we refer to it as french..Canadians don't speak "French" and you will offend both the France frenchies and the Quebec ones saying that. Canadians have their own french. Its called Québécois or Joual. Although you have to be careful who you use the last term with as it implies its lowclass, workermen french. They really are 2 separate languages. There are verbs and nouns that aren't shared between the two. Quebecios for example doesn't use il/elle/je suis unless in formal writing. They use y/a/chu.

Quebecois(French)- English

un char (une voiture) — car
un breuvage (une boisson) — a drink/beverage
une blonde (une petite-amie/copine) — girlfriend
un chum (un petit-ami/copain) — boyfriend
la fête (l’anniversaire) — birthday
la job (le boulot) — job
une sacoche (un sac à main) — a purse
un cellulaire (un portable) — cell phone
un chandail (un pull/un t-shirt) — sweater/t-shirt
la gomme (le chewing-gum) — bubblegum
barrer (fermer à clef) — to lock the door
jaser (bavarder) — to chat it up *(in person, not online)
magasiner (faire du shopping) — to go shopping
faire le party (sortir en soirée) — to go out and party
clavarder (chatter sur internet) — chat online

Aaaaand this is might be the best part of quebecios..they have their own version of "Eh"..they use tu :D
Post automatically merged:

The french are just really indignant and entitled. Its not that they feel people shouldnt be speaking english. They just feel you should be speaking French..and lord help you if you speak french and dont do it flawlessly. Thats worse to them than you speaking english and most WILL comment on it.

I ran into a french gal on the train from Schipol one day. She was harassing half the train repeatedly asking..in french..where the train was headed. No one had even the slightest clue what this crazy lady was shouting at them. I know french and it took me multiple, multiple times of listening to her to understand what she was asking. She was speaking very rapidly and using slang. I told her were the train was headed and that she should be speaking dutch or english if she wants to communicate with the locals. She basically stuck her nose in the air at the idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back