• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Phoenix couple is seeking $10 million from the city after a video showed police officers drawing a gun on them after their 4-year-old daughter allegedly stole a doll from a Family Dollar store.

Dravon Ames and fiancee Iesha Harper told CNN they didn’t notice when their daughter walked out with a Barbie from the store last month. They’ve filed a notice of claim against the city for $10 million, which serves as a precursor to a lawsuit.

Soon after they left the store, Ames said the couple pulled into an apartment complex to drop their daughter off at a babysitter. Then an officer began banging against their window, yelling and threatening to kill them.

“Our hands are up, we’re just trying not to get shot, trying to stay calm,” Ames said. “He had a gun drawn.”

The incident took place on May 29, the family said. Police said they were made aware of video on June 11.

In the 12-minute blurred-out video posted on the department’s Facebook page, one officer can be seen handcuffing Ames, first on the ground and then against a police car. The officer kicks Ames and can be heard yelling multiple times, “When I tell you to do something, you f****** do it.”

Another officer appears to be pulling a gun on the passenger side of the couple’s vehicle before Harper exits the car, holding a small child, with a second child by her side.

An officer is seen attempting to yank the child from her arms before a bystander offers to take her children.

Harper, who was five months pregnant at the time, said she was terrified.

“I I really thought he was gonna shoot me in front of the kids,” she told CNN by phone Friday. She chose to give her two children to a “complete stranger because I didn’t trust the police to have her.”

During the video, officers can be heard telling her to get her hands up.

Video at link

The officers need to be fired.

Can’t wait to find out what really happened and why it went down this way

Context: At the time of the video, Dravon Ames was awaiting trial for aggravated assault on an officer. Incident date was 10/31/2018 and that will pull up when his plate was run.

FWIW, the video doesn't show what happened prior to the arrest, so everyone go to your respective political corners and draw your own biased conclusions. I'm on team "Started with a fight and gave resistance". Others, go to your "He was compliant, it's the racist cop's attitude" side. IDGAF anymore.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2018-153268

Without video no one can say for sure what happened before. However, we all know cops are sometimes way more forceful than they need to be. Do they deserve 10 million? No way. Will they get some money because of this? Probably because the city will settle it.

I too would really like to see what, if anything, led to it. Not sure what could have occurred to warrant shit this extreme though. Given the lack of any other charges, we know there was no evading arrest/car chase/threatening behavior/anything of the sort that could have led to that. So really, i suppose it's pointless to see whatever was recorded prior to this footage here.

The woman supposedly had the child in her arms as a cop is screaming he is going to shoot and kill her. So fucking extreme.

Hard to sympathize with the woman if she was willingly riding in a vehicle with someone who was awaiting charges for something like this, letting them stay around your kids. I hope the officers are penalized, but i also hope this trash doesnt get a single penny.

No one is even talking about how outrageous it is that cops would pursue a petty shoplifting thing like this anyways. So fucking absurd.

Last edited:
The episode unfolded on May 27, when Phoenix officers responded to a report of a shoplifting incident at a Family Dollar store.
When the officers arrived at the store to investigate, a clerk told them about an unrelated shoplifting incident that had just occurred and were directed to three adults and two young children getting into a car in the parking lot, Williams said.
An officer ran out and tried to speak to the occupants of the car, yelling orders for the driver to stop, but the car kept going, Williams said.
The driver stopped and let out a passenger, a woman who had warrants out for her arrest, the chief said. She was taken into custody.

While police said Ames confessed to stealing a pair of underwear from the Family Dollar and Harper said her 4-year-old daughter took a doll from the store without her knowledge, no charges were filed against the couple because the store manager declined to press charges.

All over a shitty dollar store doll.
Priorities matter.
They want 10 million, but will settle for 100 grand no doubt.

These cops should be canned for blowing this whole thing up.
Seems like a previous assault on an officer trial date may have had a lot to do with the result, whatever led to that may have led to this
Context: At the time of the video, Dravon Ames was awaiting trial for aggravated assault on an officer. Incident date was 10/31/2018 and that will pull up when his plate was run.

FWIW, the video doesn't show what happened prior to the arrest, so everyone go to your respective political corners and draw your own biased conclusions. I'm on team "Started with a fight and gave resistance". Others, go to your "He was compliant, it's the racist cop's attitude" side. IDGAF anymore.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2018-153268

After watching that video... there WAS ZERO excuse for the officers behaviour! Fuckin crazy power tripping assholes! Saying your going to put a cap in someones head?! Pointing guns in the direction of children?! The mother didn't do anything or have warrants so why was she treated that way? And the man was compliant, you can clearly see it in the video. This was total bullshit. The damn people video taping were more professional. Who gives a shit even if they knew their kid stole a barbie YOU DO NOT HANDLE IT THIS WAY. And why did these officers lie in their reports?? Because they KNEW they were doing bad shit! You can't defend this mess

HOENIX - The man at the center of the now-viral encounter between Phoenix police officers and a family last month has a legal history involving Tempe police officers, 12 News has learned.
Dravon Ames was charged last month with two felony counts for assaulting two police officers, according to court documents.

The charges stem from Ames' arrest around 6 a.m. on Oct. 31 of 2018 in downtown Tempe.
Police said he was behaving erratically after his vehicle was involved in a collision. Court documents say Ames was twisting and flailing his arms at the officers and say he tried to kick one officer in his groin and took several swings at the other officer.
One officer, according to court documents, says Ames tried to grab his gun. Ames was tased twice by police and arrested.
According to court documents, Ames told officers he had smoked marijuana. Ames was booked, cited and released for DUI.

Latest posts

Back