• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
U.S. Military Academy Cadet Peter Zhu was declared brain dead Wednesday, four days after the California resident was involved in a skiing accident at West Point that fractured his spine and cut off oxygen to his brain.

“That afternoon, our entire world collapsed around us,” Monica and Yongmin Zhu of Concord, California, said in a court petition. But they saw a brief window to fulfill at least part of Peter’s oft-stated desire to one day raise five children.

The parents asked a state court judge Friday for permission to retrieve his sperm before his organs were removed for donation later that day at Westchester Medical Center. They argued the procedure needed to be done that day.

“We are desperate to have a small piece of Peter that might live on and continue to spread the joy and happiness that Peter bought to all of our lives,” read the parent’s filing in state court in Westchester County.
[....]
The parents told the court that Peter is the only male child of the Zhu family and that if they don’t obtain the genetic material, “it will be impossible to carry on our family’s lineage, and our family name will die.”

The judge later that day directed the medical center to retrieve the sperm and ordered it stored pending a court hearing March 21 regarding the next steps.

The Zhu’s attorney declined comment, saying the case remains pending.
[....]
In 2018, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine issued ethical guidelines for fertility centers on posthumous collection of reproductive tissue. It said it’s justifiable if authorized in writing by the deceased. Otherwise, it said, programs should only consider requests from the surviving spouse or partner.

Peter Zhu was president of the Cadet Medical Society and was planning to attend medical school at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences.
[....]

That's just fucking creepy. I always thought that surviving wives wanting their dead husband's sperm was slightly creepy, but this takes the damn cake.

Agreed. While I can understand his parents grief and the need to "keep a part of him around" it still won't be him. He won't be raising any children. I mean, I don't actually have a problem with this, but I do agree it's a bit creepy.

The parents need to let go ..
This is super creepy ..

Also -
Maybe the kid was never going to have his own kids anyways, who knows?

This is sickening. The family said his stated desire was to raise five children not have five children not father five children not be genetically responsible for five children. So news flash, your kid is dead he's not raising any one except flowers and possibly worms over his grave.

If you want to carry on the family name that badly and the father is still alive guess what, jerk off in a cup and use his jizz. Nice way to tie up the court over something so frivolous and stupid. You want some kind of a legacy donate some money to a worthy cause to get a plaque put up somewhere. Otherwise go fuc yourself

Back