• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The parents of a bullied 10-year-old boy who is brain dead and on life support after trying to take his own life have told of their grief.

Landen Lewis tried to take his own life in his bedroom after returning home from school in Nevada, Missouri, last Friday.

He gave no warning to his mother Britany and stepfather Jon about what he was planning and was even 'giddy', they said.

Now, he is brain dead in the hospital. His parents are about to turn off his life support and say they will donate his organs to other children, something he'd expressed interest in in the past.

Since his suicide attempt, the family says they have been told by his friends that he was being 'picked on' by teachers.

It is unclear how long after he tried to take his own life his parents found him.

Describing finding him, Britany said: 'I was like no. It's not real. It's not real. All I could think was I've got to get him to breathe.
'I've got to get him to breathe.'

Bryant Elementary School, where he was a student, has also been in touch to tell her that he had been in trouble repeatedly and was removed from class several times but teachers would not tell her why, she said.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6362933/Bullied-boy-10-life-support-trying-life.html

Continue reading at Link
1541611684707.png

Wouldn't tell her why? Her son's attempted suicide is the first clue that something was wrong at school? WTF! Sounds like damage control on the part of the school to me.

I would think the school would have to give a parent a reason why their child was removed from a class. Mine didn't get into much trouble in elementary but on the couple of occasions she did I got a call, a description of any discipline and the reason why. I would be VERY suspicious if the teachers didn't tell me why, even if I asked.

Here, they have this online thing, and parents are notified about every little thing. I have a co-worker with elementary school children, and she get constant updates, teachers calling when her kids sneeze!
It seems like overkill, but after reading this. . . maybe not.

Parents can see copies of the discipline write ups; we're cautioned to stick to objective facts when writing them.

I say cover up. Because now that something happened to him they want to say he's been in trouble. Like they are trying to cover it up.

Damn.
Life is never that bad that you have to kill yourself so young.
Interesting if the lad was talking about organ donation.
That seems a bit of a red flag to me.

Sounds like the parents weren't involved with their son's education at all. I'm sure the school notified them of problems. Every little thing any of my kids have done, we've been informed of immediately.

My hinky meter’s up if his peers are saying the teachers picked on him. I’ve seen situations where a kid has an undiagnosed disability or mental health condition but the teachers just decided that he or she was a bad egg who deserves punishment, instead of trying to understand why the kid is acting out. Move the kid to a school better suited to his needs and - presto- suddenly he’s an angel. I’d definitely want the cops to be questioning the other kids OUT of the teachers’ presence.

A 10-year-old Missouri boy has died after being taken off life support at Children’s Mercy after he tried to take his own life on Friday, November 2, 2018.

Landen Lewis’ parents told FOX4’s Sherae Honeycutt Saturday that Landen will be an organ donor.

His parents said Landen seemed fine when the 4th-grader came home from school, but minutes later, everything changed.

“He just couldn’t do it,” Britany Lewis, Landen’s mother said. “All I wanted to do was save my little boy.”
https://fox4kc.com/2018/11/10/paren...s-died-after-attempting-to-take-his-own-life/

Back