• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571679167690.png

A married couple have committed suicide in Romania over the grief of losing their young son to cancer.

The heart-wrenching tragedy happened just after the death of their nine-year-old son, Cristian Dimitris Arava.

Neighbours found the couple, both aged 46, close to the body of Cristian at their family apartment in the city of Constanta.

Prosecutor Sadic Zafer said it appeared that the woman had hanged herself.

Her body was laid next to her child's and covered with a blanket.

The man's body was found hanged in the kitchen.

The parents left a 13-page farewell letter in which they spoke of their heartbreak, which began when their son was diagnosed with a brain tumour, said investigators.

On a blog written seven years ago, the boy's mother wrote: 'I felt like I was dying myself when I heard the diagnosis.'

'I can't express the pain that two parents feel when finding such terrible news about their child. He was only two years old.'

Sadly, there was little hope for Cristian as the tumour continued to grow and doctors said surgery would be impossible.

The last words posted on the blog by his mother were: 'Our only hope that Cristian is a lucky child and the tumour will stop growing is now shattered.'

'The thought that every moment could be fatal, it drives me crazy.'

As a parent who lost a child had it not been for my other kids and a dad who loved me thick or thin.. today I would not be alive. 12 years down this road I think of my son often.. very often.. but I had a beautiful daughter after him and now Grandma to two grandsons.. thankful to the universe.. I know their grief and pain ..

Many years ago, I remember the mother of Adrian Jones, a 16-year-old girl murdered in Texas said that when people told her that they couldn't even imagine what she must have been going through when her daughter was killed, she completely agreed. Linda Jones said that "God doesn't give you that until you lose a child." The agony must be unbearable!

The only good thing about this article is that it’s the first write up I’ve seen in a long time that says they hanged themselves instead of hung themselves. That’s been bothering me in journalism recently.

That’s a loooooong downhill journey the family went through. 7 fucking years for a brain tumor on a child starting at age 2 is insane, and there’s not much hope to be had with such a fatal type of cancer. Brain tumors also often involve serious mental issues, not that he had a fair chance to develop socially or intellectually anyway from a hospital.

Poor parents never even got to see the kid enjoy childhood, just endure miserable treatments in hospitals for seven whole years. Glad they held on just as long as required for the poor child though.

This is one of the saddest stories I've seen,not because of violence but because of the personal torment and pain they shared.

Back