• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Robert & Christina Forbes Arrested After School Nurse Finds Cockroach In Kids Ear

14mdrah.jpg
Robert & Christina Forbes​
Beverly Hills, Florida - Two people have been arrested in Citrus County after a 9-year-old in their care was found with a cockroach in his ear.

[..]
The long-time area resident was recounting what she saw on Thursday morning as a Citrus County Sheriff's deputy hauled Christina and Robert Forbes to jail.
Police say the child was living in substandard conditions at their home along East Lemon Drive in the town of Beverly Hills.

Investigators were tipped off to problems at home after a school nurse noticed their child had a roach in his ear last September. In another incident, school officials noticed more roaches crawling in the child's backpack.
According to the Citrus County Sheriff Department, the child reeked of cat urine, wore the same pull-ups to school on multiple occasions and was denied needed medication. The child's teachers routinely gave him food and helped clean him.

People who live in the neighborhood said there were signs that something was wrong because he was never allowed outside the house to play with other children.

"We would open the door and you would see him in the window pounding... literally pounding (on the window)," said neighbor Angelica Perez.

Christina and Robert were taken to the Citrus County jail and held on $5,000 bond, while the child was placed in alternative care.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/arti...d-had-roach-in-ear-adults-arrested?hpt=ju_bn4

People who live in the neighborhood said there were signs that something was wrong because he was never allowed outside the house to play with other children.

"We would open the door and you would see him in the window pounding... literally pounding (on the window)," said neighbor Angelica Perez.

and no body thought to tell the proper authorities?

and no body thought to tell the proper authorities?

Well, yeah, no one gives a shit what happens outside their little circle.

I am so, so SO glad I didn't read this until AFTER coming home from the doctor for an ear infection. I would have been all OMG THERE'S A COCKROACH IN THERE.

I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but is anybody else smelling something putrid when they look at these guys' mugshots?

Okay what are "pull-up's"? I really don't know. I thought pull up's were training pants for toddlers. Was this 9 year old not potty trained? That alone should have been a red flag to anyone who noticed him wearing pull up's if they are what I think they are.

Could very well be a medical reason that he wears pullups still, since they are more worried that he repeatedly wore dirty used ones over the fact he wasn't potty trained at 9. I have a friend who's son wore pullups until he was about 12. He was born early and with a pile of medical problems. Pretty much a miracle he even survived at all but one of the things he was born with is the muscle that stops you from peeing not working. He had to wait until his body matured some before they could attempt to fix the muscle.

Beverly Hills, FL -* Robert and Christina Forbes are currently in jail on charges of child abuse after the school nurse found a cockroach in the boy’s ear.
But that’s not all.* The cockroach in the ear incident happened way back in September.* The neglect was observed by the boy’s school over*and over again during*the school year.* The 9 year old boy regularly showed up*to school reeking of cat urine, wearing the same Pull-ups and in need of medication.* Another time, cockroaches were seen crawling out of his backpack.
Robert, 33 and Christina, 32, denied their child needed medication, according to the school.* Their home was in “deplorable conditions” and they also denied their son sufficient food.* Teachers would give him food and clean him.* He is in alternative care now and his parents are in jail on $5,000 bond.
A 9 year old boy in Pull-ups?* In need of medication?**Nothing*specifically states the boy was special needs, but those two clues have got to make one wonder.* The only thing to ruin your day faster than a story about an abused child is a story about an abused special needs child.* You’re welcome.…

This article was written by PaganOne for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

Back