• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Arkansas State Police are investigating after a child was found dead on Sunday.

Star City police found 11-year-old Joseph Carsello dead inside a camper trailer.

Special Agents of the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division were contacted by Star City authorities and requested to conduct the death investigation.

Carsello’s mother Mary Black, 29, and step-father David Black, 38, of Star City, was taken into custody

On Tuesday, both Blacks were charged with capital murder.

The Arkansas Department of Human Services took two other children from the home to be placed in protective custody.

Both Blacks denied killing the boy outside the courtroom.

In an affidavit, an officer reported that the autopsy ruled the cause of Carsello's death as multiple blunt force injuries. The coroner noted multiple impact sites to the boy's head, hemorrhaging of the abdominal cavity, laceration of the liver, and hemorrhage of the pancreas and small bowel.

Prosecutor Clint Todd said that the Blacks acknowledged hitting the boy in the face "with their hands for back-talking." The couple also said that the boy had fallen and hit his head on a toolbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought for sure the toolbox fell on him while the camper was moving.

Nope. Like always, stepdad and mom kicked the life out of him.

Who's got the hammer, it's my turn to play whack a mole.
First we’ll play whack-a-nutsack. Then we’ll play smash the labia with a claw hammer. I know, I know. They both look like they have a vag, but we’ll figure it out :cool:

So let me get this straight. After the boy fell on the toolbox striking his head, the said toolbox jumped up and punched him in the gut, then bounced around on his head several times, lacerating his liver on the way down, and injuring his pancreas and small bowel, only stopping when the child's abdominal cavity filled with blood and it couldn't do anymore damage. Have I got that right? AND the parents blame the toolbox for all his injuries. Stupid fucking toolbox. I hope it goes straight to hell.

So let me get this straight. After the boy fell on the toolbox striking his head, the said toolbox jumped up and punched him in the gut, then bounced around on his head several times, lacerating his liver on the way down, and injuring his pancreas and small bowel, only stopping when the child's abdominal cavity filled with blood and it couldn't do anymore damage. Have I got that right?
I think so.

Definitely a toolbox with some mobility.

--Al

That vile couch just sat there mumbling encouragement until the tool box finally couldn't take it any more. Tool box will say those were voices in its head, but the insanity defense is not going to work. Set the couch on fire and submerge the tool box in acid.

Why. . . would you blame these poor innocent objects???? We all know the Kid did all of this to himself, just to get the tool box and sofa in trouble. He never ever listened, and his parents tried so hard to protect him from self harm. There was no way they could have known he would force the toolbox into a fight. :penguin:

An Arkansas man avoided a death penalty and will spend the rest of his life in prison after pleading guilty to capital murder in the beating death of his 11-year-old stepson, the prosecuting lawyer said.

Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney Kyle Hunter said David Black, 38, accepted the plea.

He and Mary Black, 30, the mother of Joseph Carsello, were charged in June in the boy's death. Police found his body in a camper trailer in Star City.
Mary Black told police that she and David Black had whipped Joseph with belts June 15 to discipline him for trying to run away, according to a 2019 probable cause affidavit filed in Lincoln County Court. As the whipping took place, Joseph talked back to his mother and the Blacks responded by striking him in the face with their hands, the affidavit said.
The following day, Mary Black said Joseph returned from swimming at a neighbor's house, picked up a hammer and swung it at David Black. Mary Black noted that she and her husband then “went a little crazy on him to teach him not to swing a hammer.”

An autopsy revealed that Joseph died from multiple blunt force injuries that included scalp bruises; multiple impact sites on his head and torso; hemorrhaging of the pancreas; and a lacerated liver.
Hunter said Mary Black is still slated for a jury trial. It is scheduled for July 9, court records show.

Mary Black, the Star City woman charged with capital murder in connection with the June 16, 2019, beating death of her 11-year-old son, Joseph Carsello, received a six-month extension before she will have to answer to the charge as she awaits a mental fitness evaluation.

Last edited:
"Mary Black told police that she and David Black had whipped Joseph with belts June 15 to discipline him for trying to run away, "... Gee, wonder why he would've wanted to run away? :penguin:
And then we’re supposed to believe they just let him go swimming the next day like any other normal kid on a hot summer day. Covered in welts and bruises and a gashed head? Yeah right.
I hope to god they make her go to trial now. Her fat ass is probably just trying to delay her move to the big house. They better not let her plead out a week before her trial to a deal she already turned down, but no one seems to care about legal opinions and my tv law degree.

Back