• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Deputies arrested a man and woman on suspicion of child endangerment after their young daughter was left home alone, then spotted leaning against the screen of an open second-floor window on Wednesday afternoon, according to KTLA.

Lucia Romero, 28, and Gerren Mitchell, 28, were booked on suspicion of child endangerment following an investigation into the incident.

Rescuers responded to the home after neighbors reported seeing the girl perched in the windowsill and feared she would fall.

Deputy Ben Sanchez told KTLA he feared for the girl’s safety.

“I thought she was going to fall out. I was trying to figure out how I was going to catch her,” the deputy said.

The girl has been seen in a similar situation at least once in the past, several months ago, neighbor Charla Marshall told KTLA.

In that case, she said she was able to tell the girl to get away from the window and go to bed.

After realizing no adults were at the home on Wednesday, firefighter forced their way into the home and pulled the girl way from the window.

Last edited:
October 9, 2019
Parents of a girl rescued after she was found pushing on a second-floor window screen in March pleaded no contest to one felony count of child abuse and were put on probation and given separate jail sentences.

Lucia Romero, and Gerren Nathaniel Mitchell, both 28, pleaded no contest to one felony count of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death.

Each parent was put on five years’ formal probation, with an order to attend one year of parenting courses, complete 240 hours of community service and pay a $300 child-abuse fine.

They were each placed on a 10-year protective order and told to have no contact with the victim — their daughter.

Romero, the mother of the child, was ordered to serve two days in an L.A. County Jail and given a suspended four-year prison sentence.

Mitchell, the father of the girl, was sentenced to 436 days in jail, and given a six-year state prison suspended sentence.

The pair was arrested in March after an incident in which sheriff’s deputies and firefighters rescued the girl.

The girl was placed in the custody of the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services after she was rescued.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back